Home

Anyone have a good burger recipe?

This is a discussion on Anyone have a good burger recipe? within the OS Neighborhood forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > OS Neighborhood
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-08-2011, 10:44 PM   #1
All Star

SuperBowlNachos's Arena

OVR: 21
Anyone have a good burger recipe?

I thought this thread already existed, but I couldn't find it. I usually just buy the pre-shaped patties and throw seasoning on them. Last night I used Season All and Cayenne Pepper. They were alright, spicy, but not very flavorful if that makes any sense.

This summer I am gonna expand my cooking skills. I definitely want them to taste better, so I will start getting ground beef and mix in the seasoning with it so the flavor doesn't just drip off on the grill.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-08-2011, 11:45 PM   #2
#nouss

WyxHarmon's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: Anyone have a good burger recipe?

One thing a good chef will always tell you is, the biggest flavor lies in the topping, not the meat.

Do too much to it and it ends up tasting like Taco Bell.
Ravens

73 - 72
Old 05-09-2011, 01:44 AM   #3
Moderator/Writer

PVarck31's Arena

OVR: 46

Get some 80/20 ground chuck. Throw some A-1 in the meat before you form them. Don't press them flat. Make them round-ish on the top. Some salt and pepper, slap them on the grill and cook medium-well.
Old 05-09-2011, 01:53 AM   #4
The Legendary Roots Crew

Sublime12089's Arena

OVR: 10

I am a big fan of whorsteshire(sp) sauce. I also use a mix of garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and pepper. Then, depending how I am feeling, I may add some blackening seasoning, or whatever else I have that is lying around. I really like this seasoning called "O'Brady seasoning" that I use when I am cooking at work, but that is just at work.

Also, on occasssion, I will dice onions and mix the onions and some bbq sauce into the patties before cooking. Just dont use too much sauce as the burgers wont solidify if you do.

Honestly, I think it is best to just experiment until you find something you like, but myself and others are happy to give you some ideas to mess around with. Hopefully it helps and something catches :-)
Old 05-09-2011, 01:54 AM   #5
Hall Of Fame

areobee401's Arena

OVR: 24

Like 31 said 80/20 is where you want to start. I like to add garlic , paprika , and parsley to the meat. Add salt and pepper with a slice of provolone and enjoy.

Edit - worcestershire sauce is great for burgers like Bigfoot mentioned. You can even add teriyaki sauce if you want. It's all about experimenting and it's fun in the process.

Last edited by areobee401; 05-09-2011 at 01:57 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-09-2011, 02:26 AM   #6
MVP

Maxattax3's Arena

OVR: 19

80/20 is good. form them first, not crazy big, then pat some montreal steak seasoning on them and grill them up.

be simple with the meat and add the sauces after. Ive never liked cooking bbq sauce. I have always put it on after the meat has been cooked.
Dry rub is the way to go for all grilling imo
Old 05-09-2011, 02:28 AM   #7
Greatness Has Arrived

Burns11's Arena

OVR: 16

Best burger, IMO, good ground chuck (80/20), Lowry's season salt and pepper, hot charcoal fire, grill lid on to capture the smoke from the rendered fat, flip, top with cheese (I like muenster), toast bun on grill, little onion, pickle, ketchup, mayo, mustard, lettuce (I like to shred it and add a little with every layer, it adds friction to end patty slippage) and the key to my perfect burger: a thick slice of a REALLY good tomato. Like my burgers medium, BTW.

I really got into mixing things into the meat when I got my grinder, and I tried a ton of different toppings and such, but nothing has ever beaten the straightforward, simple gold standard.
Old 05-09-2011, 02:36 AM   #8
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

If you can find it in your area, get some moose or deer meat, those make the best burgers. But if you only got ground beef, 80/20

Mix some dice onions, lemon pepper in it and just put it on the grill.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > OS Neighborhood »