Home

I Don't Understand All the Madden Haters!

This is a discussion on I Don't Understand All the Madden Haters! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 08-01-2011, 04:25 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
I Don't Understand All the Madden Haters!

Am I the only one who sees the leaps and bounds EA has taken in the name of gameplay upgrades in the last couple of years? I've been Looking at 12 footage from E3 in slo mo and it is the best player Interaction I've ever seen. And still, these guys on youtube are making false videos saying it's 12 when it's not. Saying it's the same game as last year when clearly it's not. Manipulating plays to make Madden look worse than it really is. This is coming from a guy who plays 2k as well. I would love some feedback on this.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-01-2011, 04:56 PM   #2
Orange and Blue!

Broncos86's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: I Don't Understand All the Madden Haters!

It's not the advancements in the last three years, it's that so much time was lost between Madden 06 and Madden 09. That's where a lot of resentment comes from. It's hard for me to even call Madden 06 a "game."
Old 08-01-2011, 05:10 PM   #3
Pro

OVR: 13

I can understand people who are "haters" because not everyone only cares about gameplay. If you're a huge franchise fan, you have seen next to no improvement whatsoever until this year. In fact, there are still aspects of franchise mode that were in last gen that are just now being re-added to the game (and some that are still not in it).
When a game in many aspect gets worse as time goes on, I can understand why people would become "haters"

I can never be a ***** now though - they are giving me the ability to edit players in franchise mode - that'll keep me happy for a loooong time.
Old 08-01-2011, 05:17 PM   #4
MVP

CubFan23's Arena

OVR: 23

I've seen the footage too from e3, sadly it looks like the skating is still there. Watch a couple QB scrambles and you'll see what I mean.

“I knew when my career was over. In 1965 my baseball card came out with no picture".
- Bob Uecker
Old 08-01-2011, 05:19 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 2

I can understand the hate, but I agree EA deserves some props for the effort put in this past cycle. The game looks good, looks its best since 05. Unfortunately there are alot of people who BLINDLY hate on this game well this company in general and thats the real problem I have.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-01-2011, 05:36 PM   #6
MVP

MattIntellect's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by idobrl
Am I the only one who sees the leaps and bounds EA has taken in the name of gameplay upgrades in the last couple of years? I've been Looking at 12 footage from E3 in slo mo and it is the best player Interaction I've ever seen. And still, these guys on youtube are making false videos saying it's 12 when it's not. Saying it's the same game as last year when clearly it's not. Manipulating plays to make Madden look worse than it really is. This is coming from a guy who plays 2k as well. I would love some feedback on this.
I too don't think it's right for people to say that Madden is the same as its predecessor, but at the same time I understand why people are upset. Before coming into this generation of consoles, many thought that Madden would be drastically different and much more superior than last-gen systems. Unfortunately that was all false hope as Madden got off to a slow start for about three years, then slowly climbed up from Madden 08 until now. Also, Madden is the only NFL game.

People want to see a perfect game at this point, but they fail to realize the change of direction that the game has undergone in the last two years from being more tourney-tailored to becoming more of an NFL sim. This change of direction takes time, and I think that Madden is finally arriving at its goal and should definitely be completely there in the very near future. However, not everyone agrees with me and that is understood.

One thing I don't understand is when people say that previous Maddens on the Xbox 360 and PS3 are better than the latest Madden. That's for someone else to explain.

Last edited by MattIntellect; 08-01-2011 at 06:06 PM.
Old 08-01-2011, 05:37 PM   #7
Rookie

tebowfanai's Arena

OVR: 9

Madden certainly has some flaws and like what was said before, much of it comes from games like Madden '06 and the QB vision cone(I still don't know what that was about).

- Chuck Noll
Old 08-01-2011, 05:39 PM   #8
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

In gaming, Legacy Hate is a powerful force.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »