Home

Cam Newton..

This is a discussion on Cam Newton.. within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 08-15-2011, 06:11 PM   #1
Rookie

SoonerSports's Arena

OVR: 3
Cam Newton..

What are your thoughts on how people will use him and the Panthers this year?
Do you think he will be over used and the new Vick/Young?
or will his (most likely) lack of accuracy turn people off?
I know I plan on using the Panthers this year but I have more satisfaction in playing realisticly (as in mainly being a typical QB with Newton and if needed I will scramble)
Carolina Panthers
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2011, 06:16 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Cam Newton..

ill prolly run gb offense when i play with cam newton but mainly i run west coast when i play as panthers it has a stretch play that sometimes if corner isnt on that side i get 50+ yards with d.will, then ill just pa with cam but if i run with gb offense it will be pretty easy to pass with all those speedy wr
Old 08-15-2011, 06:26 PM   #3
Orange and Blue!

Broncos86's Arena

OVR: 31

The same way anyone ever uses a fast scrambling QB.
Old 08-15-2011, 07:15 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 8

As a Panthers fan and player, I've used every starting QB the franchise has ever had in Madden beginning with Kerry Collins. I'm looking forward to playing with Cam Newton - but it's got NOTHING do do with his speed. I've played with Rodney Peete and Steve Beuerlein for goodness sakes. I'm going to enjoy the cannon hanging from his right shoulder...

I must say this - I don't watch college football. Before the Giants vs Panthers pre-season game I'd never seen Newton play (other than SportsCenter highlights). What I saw, I liked.

I predict Cam Newton will be the starter come opening day... Why?

Jimmy Claussen is a 3rd string NFL passer at best. He has to get everything behind the ball to get any velocity. His passes flutter when he's touched because he's not strong enough to throw through the contact. He didn't look scared like he did last year, but the offense isn't explosive with him at the helm.

Either way... I don't intend on using Newton any differently than I would any other quarterback. I'm just going to do more.

Later
Old 08-15-2011, 07:33 PM   #5
Rookie

SoonerSports's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNT713
As a Panthers fan and player, I've used every starting QB the franchise has ever had in Madden beginning with Kerry Collins. I'm looking forward to playing with Cam Newton - but it's got NOTHING do do with his speed. I've played with Rodney Peete and Steve Beuerlein for goodness sakes. I'm going to enjoy the cannon hanging from his right shoulder...

I must say this - I don't watch college football. Before the Giants vs Panthers pre-season game I'd never seen Newton play (other than SportsCenter highlights). What I saw, I liked.

I predict Cam Newton will be the starter come opening day... Why?

Jimmy Claussen is a 3rd string NFL passer at best. He has to get everything behind the ball to get any velocity. His passes flutter when he's touched because he's not strong enough to throw through the contact. He didn't look scared like he did last year, but the offense isn't explosive with him at the helm.

Either way... I don't intend on using Newton any differently than I would any other quarterback. I'm just going to do more.

Later

Exactly, I see his speed as more of a bonus since my focus won't be on abusing it.
I can't wait to use that big arm of his with Smith and LaFell
Carolina Panthers
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2011, 07:43 PM   #6
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoonerSports
Exactly, I see his speed as more of a bonus since my focus won't be on abusing it.
I can't wait to use that big arm of his with Smith and LaFell
I agree
Even though I usually get Mobile QBs, Scrambling is always my last option. I just like to have that option in my back pocket. I am more of a non-risk taker. If my 1st 3 reads arent open, then I start to extend the play and try to find someone open. But if I see a open path for a 1st down or more, I am taking that without hesitation.
I am guessing if I import Andrew Luck, He will have 70+ Speed. Just enough speed for me. I will play with Mallet(trade) so I would deal with getting sacked if I try to move around
Old 08-15-2011, 07:51 PM   #7
Banned

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by illwill10
I agree
Even though I usually get Mobile QBs, Scrambling is always my last option. I just like to have that option in my back pocket. I am more of a non-risk taker. If my 1st 3 reads arent open, then I start to extend the play and try to find someone open. But if I see a open path for a 1st down or more, I am taking that without hesitation.
I am guessing if I import Andrew Luck, He will have 70+ Speed. Just enough speed for me. I will play with Mallet(trade) so I would deal with getting sacked if I try to move around
For me it's different... Scrambling is part of my progression.

If receiver 1 & 2 are covered, I look at the rush to see if I need to move before moving to 3 & 4. I read the DE. If there's a lane, I tuck it, get a few yards, and get down. I love doing it on early downs, especially against teams that have a scrambling QB. I don't like to roll outside the numbers often unless I'm throwing the ball deep or out of bounds.

Later
Old 08-15-2011, 08:02 PM   #8
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNT713
For me it's different... Scrambling is part of my progression.

If receiver 1 & 2 are covered, I look at the rush to see if I need to move before moving to 3 & 4. I read the DE. If there's a lane, I tuck it, get a few yards, and get down. I love doing it on early downs, especially against teams that have a scrambling QB. I don't like to roll outside the numbers often unless I'm throwing the ball deep or out of bounds.

Later
I do too alot.
I get locked on to a WR. First WR I look at is the WR that has a deepest route. Then my Checkdown WR. If I have a good lane, I will run it. But I leave alot of plays on the field, When I scramble when my 1st 2 reads arent open. Im more of a scramble when Ive to rather scramble because my 1st couple reads arent open fast enough.
But, I will scramble 80% of the time when I am in Goal Situation. Unless the coverage is Man and my 1st read gets open quickly, I will scramble because I dont like to take that risk

Last edited by illwill10; 08-15-2011 at 08:08 PM.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »