Home

EA is shutting down madden ebook websites aka cheeser websites

This is a discussion on EA is shutting down madden ebook websites aka cheeser websites within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 08-16-2011, 08:08 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 2
Arrow EA is shutting down madden ebook websites aka cheeser websites

If you're a sim gamer you might take pleasure in the fact that ea and prima guides is shutting down websites that teach others how to exploit madden's programming. Prima guides paid a lot of money to be the official guide for madden and ncaa so it makes sense they are shutting down websites that didn't fork over the money that prima guides did. Not all madden glitch websites have been shutdown yet. But as they "hunt down" the many madden ebook websites they will begin to disappear. These websites cannot use anything, not the players, stadiums, nfl logo, names, nothing. So if you hate the glitchers who teach others how to pull off glitches such as the old madden 11 qb spy glitch or how to disconnect people then now's your time to get the last laugh. R.I.P. madden ebook websites.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2011, 08:51 PM   #2
Rookie

Tha_BlacKnight's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: EA is shutting down madden ebook websites aka cheeser websites

Now what can we do about the people who use the maddenedge "system"?

6'8 220 Point Guard Ovr rating 62
College: The Citadel 2009-12

Career PPG 12.4, RPG 6.9, APG 11.2 (1521 asts)
89 career dbl dbls, 21 career triple doubles

4X All-Conf, 10-11 Conf POY, 08-09 Conf Frosh of the year, Frosh All Conf
Old 08-16-2011, 08:58 PM   #3
MVP

Gorilla Glass's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky454
If you're a sim gamer you might take pleasure in the fact that ea and prima guides is shutting down websites that teach others how to exploit madden's programming. Prima guides paid a lot of money to be the official guide for madden and ncaa so it makes sense they are shutting down websites that didn't fork over the money that prima guides did. Not all madden glitch websites have been shutdown yet. But as they "hunt down" the many madden ebook websites they will begin to disappear. These websites cannot use anything, not the players, stadiums, nfl logo, names, nothing. So if you hate the glitchers who teach others how to pull off glitches such as the old madden 11 qb spy glitch or how to disconnect people then now's your time to get the last laugh. R.I.P. madden ebook websites.
I think Prima hired guys who have exploited the game in the past. Also check the prices Prima is charging for the guides. They are ridiculous. A lot of sim sites are being shut down as well because Prima wants that market too. This is no time to celebrate.... Plus most the stuff you mention is all over youtube as well as google.
Old 08-16-2011, 10:16 PM   #4
MVP

Its BS because Kobra's site got shutdown and all he did was provide great X and O stuff IMO.
Old 08-16-2011, 10:44 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNMHIII
Its BS because Kobra's site got shutdown and all he did was provide great X and O stuff IMO.
The sites were shut down essentially because they are charging to give out game tips and strategies/exploits. Prima is the Official Strategy site of Madden NFL 12 and anyone else providing that service without permission is breaking the law.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2011, 10:55 PM   #6
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRMosier_LM
The sites were shut down essentially because they are charging to give out game tips and strategies/exploits. Prima is the Official Strategy site of Madden NFL 12 and anyone else providing that service without permission is breaking the law.
lol.......what law? As long as they don't market something as an officialy licensed product by Madden/EA its perfectly legit.
Old 08-16-2011, 11:04 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
lol.......what law? As long as they don't market something as an officialy licensed product by Madden/EA its perfectly legit.

But thats what they are doing! They are taking images/content/etc. thats been licened by EA and the NFL and using those. They are charging people to use those making miney off the all the things that EA and the NFL has copy righted.

These sites would have to have permission(pay) for the rights to use EAs/NFLs content in the game to make a profit.

side note: I had a guy use some cheese play(NCAA) that kept the defensive backfield from playing the runner because it was HB pass play. He was just able to run all over while the defenders sat back playing the pass. When I said it was BS, he tried to teach me the play but I refused. He really couldnt grasp the concept that I didnt want to cheat to win a game. lol.
Old 08-16-2011, 11:16 PM   #8
Banned

OVR: 25

Quote:
No they don't have the rights to use any images for profit. It's an intellectual property.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »