Home

Non-offered recruiting comits?

This is a discussion on Non-offered recruiting comits? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-21-2011, 12:43 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Non-offered recruiting comits?

I just had a small but solid recruiting class, but on signing day, it said that like 10 or 15 recruits that I had never seen before signed with me, most of them 3 stars, with 3-4 two stars.

Who are these people? I never made a scholarship offer to them or had them on my recruiting board.

This has happened twice in a row now.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-21-2011, 01:05 AM   #2
Pro

OpusX910's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Non-offered recruiting comits?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Txtbook
I just had a small but solid recruiting class, but on signing day, it said that like 10 or 15 recruits that I had never seen before signed with me, most of them 3 stars, with 3-4 two stars.

Who are these people? I never made a scholarship offer to them or had them on my recruiting board.

This has happened twice in a row now.
This happens to me every year....I have all cpu assistance turned to off, but somehow when I am left over with X amount of scholarships at week 5 of off season recruiting, I always get X number of random signings.

I just end up cutting them usually, so it isn't a big deal, just a little irritating
Old 08-21-2011, 01:06 AM   #3
Rookie

Hmm. I have all the CPU recruiting stuff off as well.

Just kinda weird. I ended up cutting them all since they weren't up to snuff. Turned out to be 13 players.

Plus I only had 6 graduating seniors that year... weird.
Old 08-21-2011, 03:55 AM   #4
Rookie

One thing I know is CPU fills up spots by the needs your team did not address through normal recruiting. Say you do not have the required number of QBs after week 5 in offseason..the CPU will add random player to fill out the roster. But you can just cut them, also...be aware that sometimes u get players from same states which easily give u a new pipeline if u have enough.
Old 08-21-2011, 05:30 AM   #5
Banned

Old School SD Fan's Arena

OVR: 3

Happened to me too, just the CPU using up schollys you didn't, not a biggie.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-21-2011, 10:57 AM   #6
Rookie

hawkeyebred2332's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old School SD Fan
Happened to me too, just the CPU using up schollys you didn't, not a biggie.
It's a little bit of a big deal for a couple of reasons:

1) When I turn off all of the CPU assistance, that's me saying that I uh, don't want the CPU's assistance in recruiting. So why are they still signing guys that I didn't choose to go after?

2) In OD's like the ones I am in, we have recruiting restrictions. For example, some are seniors +3. When the CPU throws an extra half dozen guys in that you didn't want it skews your numbers and makes it more difficult to track everyone's true recruiting numbers.

3) Other OD's are just to recruit up to 70 players, which not only makes it easy to track but also means you can skip the cut players portion....except when the CPU adds random guys that all becomes pointless.

Those may not seem like huge deals but they are significant unnecessary inconveniences that we have to deal with every year for no reason.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »