Home

Defensive Assist Button

This is a discussion on Defensive Assist Button within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-26-2011, 11:19 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 5
Defensive Assist Button

Sorry if this has been posted, asked and answered before, but I did a search and couldn't find anything about it.
Has the defensive assist feature been modified somehow or am I just using it wrong. Whenever I try to use it (x on ps3) the guy I'm controlling just stops in his tracks.
I'm pretty sure in Madden 11 holding the button basically allowed the computer to take over and do it's thing. Has it been changed?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-01-2011, 11:20 PM   #2
Rookie

nasatate's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Defensive Assist Button

I have the same problem. Also sometimes it seems to work fine but all of a sudden in the middle of a game it stops working completely. My copy is from the 360
Old 09-02-2011, 12:08 AM   #3
Banned

OVR: 3

Defensive Assist is a tricky tool to use. If you are playing man it will allow you to follow your man for the most part without doing anything. If you are controlling a guy sitting in a zone then he is going to sit back in his zone where he belongs. I guess the only questions to ask you is what defense are you running that makes your guys just stand there looking like a chump?
Old 09-19-2011, 09:01 PM   #4
Pro

Ankido's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by twimstaxs
Defensive Assist is a tricky tool to use. If you are playing man it will allow you to follow your man for the most part without doing anything. If you are controlling a guy sitting in a zone then he is going to sit back in his zone where he belongs. I guess the only questions to ask you is what defense are you running that makes your guys just stand there looking like a chump?
WRONG!

There is something wrong with the game. I'm not sure if it was the latest roster updates but something disabled defense assist. I noticed this myself last night. I've tried resetting my settings, rosters and to no avail, they stand there as soon as you hold the button. It has nothing to do with the type of play you are using. If you pick man, he will follow his man if you hold down the button. If you choose zone, he will drop into zone and cover anyone that come across until he's out of his zone.

This is happening on the xbox too.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »