Home

Releasing 1st round rookies ??

This is a discussion on Releasing 1st round rookies ?? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-03-2011, 07:36 AM   #1
Rookie

ChildishAssassin's Arena

OVR: 0
Releasing 1st round rookies ??

I noticed that Stephen Paea and Shane Vereen where both on the FA list year one, Strange :S Cameron Heyward is olso a FA

Last edited by ChildishAssassin; 09-03-2011 at 07:41 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-03-2011, 07:37 AM   #2
Rookie

ChildishAssassin's Arena

Re: Releasing 1st round rookies ??

Yes I am aware that Vereen went in RD 2 Paea was also a 2ed rounder my mistake but still :S
Old 09-03-2011, 07:40 AM   #3
Rookie

New Jersey Giants's Arena

yup another franchise issue.
Old 09-03-2011, 07:51 AM   #4
MVP

TeamBuilder's Arena

OVR: 15

Wilkerson (1st round pick from the Jets) has gotten released in the final cut week of the preseason in every one of my franchises.
Old 09-03-2011, 07:59 AM   #5
Rookie

ChildishAssassin's Arena

I hope they patch this but I picked up Paea I am using the Broncos could not pass him up
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-03-2011, 08:01 AM   #6
Banned

Manning2Harrison's Arena

OVR: 11

EA uses fake UDFA's to fill out the expanded rosters.

Some of these fakes, the CPU will see as 85-95? during the preseason. It thinks it's getting a player that will be in the 85-95 range, so it keeps that fake player on the roster while cutting real players with a lower rating. When the actual OVR of the fake is revealed at the end of the preseason, he's a scrub. The CPU does not see its mistake and correct it.

The process repeats itself in each year of franchise. CPU won't resign players with less than 80 OVR and won't sign any FA's less than 80. Roster fills up with fake UDFA's again, and more real players get cut.

In year 2, the FA pool will be overflowing with players in the 70's while the rosters of the CPU teams have boatloads of fake scrubs. It was reported by one of our other members that in year 2 of his franchise, 35% of the QB's in the league were fake UDFA rookies.
Old 09-03-2011, 09:18 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 3

I've been seeing a ton of 3rd rounders being cut too. Hopefully it doesn't take them too long to fix this.
Old 09-03-2011, 09:28 AM   #8
Pro

SGMRock's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manning2Harrison
EA uses fake UDFA's to fill out the expanded rosters.

Some of these fakes, the CPU will see as 85-95? during the preseason. It thinks it's getting a player that will be in the 85-95 range, so it keeps that fake player on the roster while cutting real players with a lower rating. When the actual OVR of the fake is revealed at the end of the preseason, he's a scrub. The CPU does not see its mistake and correct it.

The process repeats itself in each year of franchise. CPU won't resign players with less than 80 OVR and won't sign any FA's less than 80. Roster fills up with fake UDFA's again, and more real players get cut.

In year 2, the FA pool will be overflowing with players in the 70's while the rosters of the CPU teams have boatloads of fake scrubs. It was reported by one of our other members that in year 2 of his franchise, 35% of the QB's in the league were fake UDFA rookies.
Any idea if this is related to using NCAA imports or does it happen with the default Madden draft classes too? I'm only 3 regular season games into my franchise but everytime I see this stuff I keep thinking I should restart again using all 32 teams. I just hate having to do that, its fun to try and make trades with the CPU teams sometimes, even though they are kinda horrible at it hehe.

I have no problem with the CPU taking a chance on some undrafted players but most of the time they are not going to let go of a 3rd rounder or above to do that. Also if they player turns out being crap like a 54 rated player the CPU should be smart enough to cut that player and pick up someone from FA thats better.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »