Home

Winnipeg Jets unveil jerseys

This is a discussion on Winnipeg Jets unveil jerseys within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-06-2011, 01:34 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Winnipeg Jets unveil jerseys

So they just unveiled there new jerseys, how long before there in the game I wonder? Would be great if they were by release day, probably not though.

http://www.saultstar.com/ArticleDisplay.aspx?e=3286812
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-06-2011, 01:52 PM   #2
Proctor, MN. Go Rails!

Vikes1's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: Winnipeg Jets unveil jerseys

I like'em.
Old 09-06-2011, 02:01 PM   #3
Rookie

The_Jacket's Arena

OVR: 4

I like the jerseys. I'm still having a hell of a time trying to be more excited about the start of hockey season with the Jets than depressed that my Thrashers are gone.
Piss on 'em!
Old 09-06-2011, 02:07 PM   #4
Sic 'em Bears!

BaylorBearBryant's Arena

OVR: 10

Does Atlanta have an AHL team?

I know it's not the same, but being from Houston I've appreciated the fact that we have some sort of hockey to watch.

Plus the Aeros have solid history and have been pretty competitive in the past years.

Anyway, glad to have hockey back in Winnipeg. I'm all for expansion south, but it's necessary to have it up north.

Plus, Atlanta is a very fickle sports town. Not saying there aren't diehard fans in ATL, there's just so many other things to do there.

Baylor Bears - Texans - Astros - Rockets - Avalanche

Follow me on Twitch: twitch.tv/osovideo
Old 09-06-2011, 02:09 PM   #5
Hall Of Fame

Money99's Arena

OVR: 37

They're okay.
I'm getting tired of the navy and baby blue jersey's that are springing up everywhere.
I loved that scheme when the Pens unveiled them, but since that time, we've see Florida and Columbus pull it off and now Winnipeg.

I was hoping for more red in there.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-06-2011, 02:12 PM   #6
pissed, or parkinson's?

adayinthelife's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
They're okay.
I'm getting tired of the navy and baby blue jersey's that are springing up everywhere.
I loved that scheme when the Pens unveiled them, but since that time, we've see Florida and Columbus pull it off and now Winnipeg.

I was hoping for more red in there.
I'm with ya. I don't like these at all. I wasn't the biggest fan of the new logo, but figured it could be salvaged with some solid jersey designs but these certainly aren't them. At least it's an improvement over all those god awful Thrashers designs over the years...
Old 09-06-2011, 02:19 PM   #7
Rookie

The_Jacket's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaylorBearBryant
Does Atlanta have an AHL team?

I know it's not the same, but being from Houston I've appreciated the fact that we have some sort of hockey to watch.

Plus the Aeros have solid history and have been pretty competitive in the past years.

Anyway, glad to have hockey back in Winnipeg. I'm all for expansion south, but it's necessary to have it up north.

Plus, Atlanta is a very fickle sports town. Not saying there aren't diehard fans in ATL, there's just so many other things to do there.
No, we don't have an AHL team. I had at least hoped for that when the smoke cleared but we're without hockey completely. And when the product on the ice is good, people in Atlanta go to the games. When other franchises experience long stretches of futility, most of them have the same problem we did.
Piss on 'em!
Old 09-06-2011, 02:27 PM   #8
pissed, or parkinson's?

adayinthelife's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Jacket
No, we don't have an AHL team. I had at least hoped for that when the smoke cleared but we're without hockey completely. And when the product on the ice is good, people in Atlanta go to the games. When other franchises experience long stretches of futility, most of them have the same problem we did.
I know it's tough to deal with as a Thrashers fan, but there's no way in hell an NHL team should be there.

I remember when the all star game was held there, there were people interviewed on the street who weren't aware that such a thing was happening. Plus, what was the average attendance? How many people showed up to that rally when all this talk started, a couple hundred?

It's tough in poor hockey markets like that because there will always be a small amount of completely die hard fans that feel gutted when the team leaves, but the fact is the majority just aren't behind these things most of the time.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »