Home

Will we get a patch?

This is a discussion on Will we get a patch? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-12-2011, 06:50 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Will we get a patch?

I have read rumors that we wont get any patch and that distresses me as this game "COULD" be really good with some minimal updates.

I can live with the audio problems and the lack of immersion in the draft process. Even the phantom defender and sound anomalies but there are some problems that could be addressed relatively easily from a resource perspective.

1. Allow us to edit draft classes prior to the draft.
2. Give basic "combine" info like 40 times and bench with all draftees
3. Allow for editing of body types and appearance for all players
4. Allow us to turn off fake UDFAs or better yet use the full NCAA import!
5. Allow us to turn off fake player pics PLEASE!
6. Fix bug that prevents the user controlled QB from EVER scrambling in coach mode

I for one would be very grateful for just these changes and they would exponentially improve the game for those of us that like the simulation aspect. On this I am surely not alone.

Thank you
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-12-2011, 06:58 PM   #2
Rangers Lead The Way!!!!

ABR173rd's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Will we get a patch?

According to some reports from guys who have tried to reach Looman on twitter he has been pretty un-responsive. It's somewhat understandable beings that he is probably getting bombarded with a million requests right now.

That being said in addition to your list the Commentary definitely needs to get patched, Gus Johnson saying the wrong players names is inexcusable. At this point it shows major lack of attention to detail. Hopefully we will get some patch info soon or at least a tentative timeline for when one will be released.
Old 09-12-2011, 07:59 PM   #3
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirborneRanger1
According to some reports from guys who have tried to reach Looman on twitter he has been pretty un-responsive. It's somewhat understandable beings that he is probably getting bombarded with a million requests right now.

That being said in addition to your list the Commentary definitely needs to get patched, Gus Johnson saying the wrong players names is inexcusable. At this point it shows major lack of attention to detail. Hopefully we will get some patch info soon or at least a tentative timeline for when one will be released.
Honestly, I doubt if there will be a patch for commentary. I agree it's atrocious and needs serious updating, but patching commentary would take up a huge amount of space for a patch, if not more than MS or Sony would allow.

I'm grimly hoping commentary is fixed and brand new for Madden 13.
Old 09-12-2011, 08:04 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 2

Yeah I do not think anyone would disagree that the commentary is maybe the worst ever, but I don't see that getting patched. I was hoping for the some easy fixes that would make a huge difference since I get the feeling we might be getting the shaft on a patch...
Old 09-12-2011, 08:06 PM   #5
TOMBA IS ONLINE

Tomba's Arena

OVR: 65

If you want a gameplay patch look no further than my upcoming edit of the game for Xbox 360 and PS3

Follow links to my threads through my arena
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-12-2011, 08:09 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 4

I would love for us to be able to fully edit draft classes prior to the draft!!! Please make this a priority, EA!!! Gamers have wanted this badly for so long now...
Old 09-12-2011, 08:14 PM   #7
Rangers Lead The Way!!!!

ABR173rd's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Honestly, I doubt if there will be a patch for commentary. I agree it's atrocious and needs serious updating, but patching commentary would take up a huge amount of space for a patch, if not more than MS or Sony would allow.

I think patching commentary as a whole is a NO GO, but fixing the issues with players being called the wrong names like Ingram and Martez Wilson on the Saints as examples shouldn't be a huge ordeal. I am assuming their audio files were mismatched with other players.....
Old 09-12-2011, 08:14 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman

I don't understand why not for audio? I mean last years game didn't have gus johnson yelling some number instead of a name in the data base, they need to patch the "numbers for name" glitch PERIOD--- inexcusable.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »