Home

Computer shenannigans!

This is a discussion on Computer shenannigans! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-16-2011, 03:59 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 15
Computer shenannigans!

So, two things i just noticed in my past game

1- Penalties for the CPU 0 for 0 yards, penalties for me 13 for 97 yards, including like 6 false starts AT HOME! One cool thing i noticed however is that once i started going on one every down the cpu started getting off the ball super quick and made some seriious plays.

2- Aaron Rodgers along with almost any semi running QB seems to break EVERY tackle on the first try once he has decided to run. This is something i noticed in NCAA as well.

Anyone else notice some iffy AI quirks when playing?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-17-2011, 04:19 AM   #2
MVP

OVR: 3
Re: Computer shenannigans!

1. have you adjusted your penalty sliders? i rarely saw any penalties called on default levels.

2. haven't seen QBs break tackles. have noticed that they are able to slide before i hit them even tho i've started the tackle animation before they start the slide animation. what level are you playing?
Old 09-17-2011, 06:10 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 6

False Starts are flawed in this game. The other team never jumps and your team false starts about every time.
Old 09-17-2011, 07:28 AM   #4
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by bo_jax2000
1. have you adjusted your penalty sliders? i rarely saw any penalties called on default levels.

2. haven't seen QBs break tackles. have noticed that they are able to slide before i hit them even tho i've started the tackle animation before they start the slide animation. what level are you playing?
Im using someones sliders cant remember who so penalties are up a bit. But they are hardly ever called on teh opposing team.

Also im starting to notice that same cheat that NCAA has where cornerbacks crash in on run plays as soon as the ball is snapped. It doesnt happen everytime, but it happens way to much.
Old 09-17-2011, 10:29 AM   #5
MVP

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by bo_jax2000

QB's break tackles all the time in my game. I have to lower the cpu btk significantly, to like 2/3 of whatever my tackling slider is. Almost half. I find a few annoying things in next gen in general. I see too many one sided things in games. One team gets all the penalties, turnovers, etc.

If interested these are my Madden 12 sliders: http://www.operationsports.com/forum...dden-12-a.html
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-17-2011, 12:46 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by football5680
False Starts are flawed in this game. The other team never jumps and your team false starts about every time.
you can get the cpu to false start. i have a lot of success taking a quick MLB and rushing the line with him. its all about timing. and doing crazy line shifts and linebacker shifts while in a prowl defensive set helps to throw the cpu off too, especially when they call the run to the opposite side of the ball.
Old 09-17-2011, 06:24 PM   #7
Banned

Old School SD Fan's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by football5680

The only change in the screwed up penalty system I've seen in a decade is this year's "roughing the QB"...
Old 09-17-2011, 10:39 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 0

1) I got called for three holding calls in a row when I was backed up in my own 20 when I was trying to make a fourth quarter comeback in a 2 minute drill *I'm not John Elway here*

2) My opponent has never missed a FG.....ever.

3) Would really like for my o-line to BLOCK somebody on a bootleg PA.
Texas Rangers
San Antonio Spurs
Corpus Christi Hooks

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »