Home

jwills22 CPU vs CPU Sliders

This is a discussion on jwills22 CPU vs CPU Sliders within the NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-13-2011, 11:57 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
jwills22 NBA 2k12 CPU vs CPU Sliders *Realism*

So since this game currently doesn't allow you to call all of the individual plays in coach mode I decided to give CPU vs CPU a shot and have done a lot of tweaking with the sliders to get some good realistic gameplay.

This allows you to play the game as a General Manager and simply see if you can turn a team around through your work in the front office.

For starters, I would turn CPU trades off during the season except when it gets close to the trade deadline. I also consider trading for any draft picks cheating since it is way too easy.

Updated V1.2
Difficulty: All-Star
Game Speed: 60
Quarter Length: 12 minutes
All settings are for both User and CPU
Inside Shot Success: 48
Close Shot Success: 48
Mid-Range Success: 50
3PT Success: 47
Layup Success: 49
Dunk Success: 48
Dunk in Traffic Success: 48
Pass Accuracy: 50
Alley-Oop Success: 47
Contact Shot Success: 50

Driving Contact Shot Frequency: 90
Inside Contact Shot Frequency: 90
Help Defense Strength: 50
Steal Success: 35

Quickness: 50
Vertical: 50
Strength: 50
Stamina: 50
Durability: 50
Hustle: 40
Ball Handling: 50
Hands: 40
Dunking Ability: 50
On-Ball Defense: 35
Stealing: 45
Blocking: 15
Offensive Awareness: 100
Defensive Awareness: 50
Offensive Rebounding: 85
Defensive Rebounding: 50
Clutch Factor: 50
Consistency: 50
Fatigue Rate: 48
Injury Frequency: 50
Injury Severity: 50

Take Inside Shots: 63
Take Close Shots: 63
Take Mid-Range Shots: 68
Take 3PT Shots: 42
Attack the Basket: 78
Look for Post Players: 95
Throw Alley-Oops: 50
Attempt Dunks: 50
Attempt Putbacks: 50
Play Passing Lanes: 30
Go for On-Ball Steals: 49
Contest Shots: 55
Backdoor Cuts: 50

Over the Back Foul Frequency: 100
Charging Foul Frequency: 100
Blocking Foul Frequency: 100
Reaching Foul Frequency: 100
Shooting Foul Frequency: 82
Loose Ball Foul Frequency: 100

I also changed my teams coaching profile to 75 for fast break and 100 for offensive tempo to keep an up-tempo game with enough shots taken for realistic scoring. It does not result in any unrealistic amount of fast break points.

The other change I made to my team specifically was with some of the individual player tendencies. I had to jack up Andrew Bogut's shot tendencies and his touches tendency to get him a realistic number of shot attempts. I also added a few more low post plays to the Bucks playbook to increase the number of plays that would get called for Bogut.

The results have been absolutely amazing so far.

If you want some realistic slider sets with the challenge of trying to create an NBA Championship team without relying on your gameplay skills than definitely give this set a try and let me know what you think.

Last edited by jwills22; 10-17-2011 at 05:51 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-14-2011, 11:59 AM   #2
Rookie

Re: jwills22 CPU vs CPU Sliders

How many fouls/free throws are you getting? I've had to turn everything up to 100 except blocking in order to get even close to a realistic amount.
Old 10-14-2011, 09:44 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 6

Game speed 70!!!??? It must be like watching a Benny Hill skit!
Old 10-15-2011, 07:20 PM   #4
Rookie

game speed 70????? Cmon dude
Old 10-16-2011, 05:18 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedsdmd
game speed 70????? Cmon dude
Have you actually tried a game with all of my sliders or just judging them based on one number posted on a message board?

If you have a more realistic slider set that produces accurate scores and FG% than I would be happy to try them out.

These sliders work.....bottom line.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-16-2011, 05:22 PM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayhawker4
How many fouls/free throws are you getting? I've had to turn everything up to 100 except blocking in order to get even close to a realistic amount.
The fouls are a little low sometimes. The last game the Bucks had 15 Free Throw attempts and the Celtics had 18.

I am going to adjust fouls up slightly and 3PT FG% down slightly. I'll run some games and let you know the results.
Old 10-16-2011, 06:24 PM   #7
Rookie

Also, since game speed seems to be a sticking point for some I am going to run some tests with a reduced game speed.

I am referencing NBA League Averages per game from last season to try and get a realistic amount of FGA's per game and FTA's per game that will result in a realistic average score per game.

Also, while doing that I want every other number to be realistic including rebounds, assists, blocks, steals, etc. per game.

I will do a few revisions and let you all know the results.
Old 10-16-2011, 07:29 PM   #8
MVP

youALREADYknow's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwills22
Also, since game speed seems to be a sticking point for some I am going to run some tests with a reduced game speed.

I am referencing NBA League Averages per game from last season to try and get a realistic amount of FGA's per game and FTA's per game that will result in a realistic average score per game.

Also, while doing that I want every other number to be realistic including rebounds, assists, blocks, steals, etc. per game.

I will do a few revisions and let you all know the results.
I understand what you were trying to do, but game speed isn't really the reason that FGA's are low by default. The reasons are that ball movement is practically non-existent using default rosters and fast break and offensive tempo settings are typically too low in the coaching profiles.

Once those two issues are fixed, then teams generally average around 75-85 FGA's per game depending on tempo. Even with just coaching profiles and default rosters teams will get around 75 FGA per game at 50 game speed.

Just some info you might be able to use and hope it helps.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders »