Home

Coach Mode vs Regular Mode sliders

This is a discussion on Coach Mode vs Regular Mode sliders within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-21-2011, 09:23 PM   #1
Pro

kcsam's Arena

OVR: 1
Coach Mode vs Regular Mode sliders

I am new to Madden 12. Just bought the game the other day and have yet to get everything setup and play an actual game. Before I dive in, I do have a question though. I have been reading about coach mode quiet a bit. From what I read it seems that in coach mode you just call the plays and kick/punt. Are you able to control any of the players? In the past I had played the game and didn't touch the controller during plays, and the computer would run. I would just turn auto-pass on and let the computer do all of the work. So my question is this; What is the difference between coach mode and regular mode then? Do the sliders make a difference between the two modes?

I am not interested in the actual running of the plays, I just want to call them and manage my team. I am looking for the most realistic/stat based sliders available. Any suggestions? Thanks
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-21-2011, 09:33 PM   #2
MVP

cedwebb's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: Coach Mode vs Regular Mode sliders

Coach mode does let you take over the play at any point in the play. You can call the plays and just watch however you do have to hike the ball and kick the ball.

I am using the perfect cpu vs cpu slider while using coach mode. I have made a few tweaks but it plays a pretty good game for me so far.
Old 12-22-2011, 11:06 AM   #3
Pro

kcsam's Arena

Ok, so then what is the difference between coach and regular mode? Couldn't you just call the plays in regular mode, not touch the controller, and let the players run the plays - same as coach mode?? I am confused. Do the sliders for coach mode and regular mode play the same? I guess what I am saying is: Does the system recognize that you are playing coach mode and alter the sliders somehow?
Old 12-22-2011, 12:22 PM   #4
Rookie

Got2Words4ya's Arena

OVR: 3

There is an option too turn it on or off in the game set up menu, I have tried using "regular play" sliders while playing coach mode, it doesn't work. There are quite a few sets on here for coach mode, but I wasn't getting the games I wanted out of them. I've been doing a 32 team test franchise with some sliders that I came up with. I'm about 2 days away from posting them here, If you want pm me and i'll shoot them too you.
Old 12-22-2011, 04:26 PM   #5
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcsam
Ok, so then what is the difference between coach and regular mode? Couldn't you just call the plays in regular mode, not touch the controller, and let the players run the plays - same as coach mode?? I am confused. Do the sliders for coach mode and regular mode play the same? I guess what I am saying is: Does the system recognize that you are playing coach mode and alter the sliders somehow?
Doesn't coach mode basically control the QB on offense (so you don't have to throw or hand off)?

If so, then the CPU will be playing with HUM sliders on offense - that's probably where the big difference.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-23-2011, 11:58 AM   #6
Pro

kcsam's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBLover
Doesn't coach mode basically control the QB on offense (so you don't have to throw or hand off)?

If so, then the CPU will be playing with HUM sliders on offense - that's probably where the big difference.
I believe the CPU will throw the ball for you if you do not touch the controller. So I am not sure what the difference is between regular mode and coach mode since both of them allow you to not control the QB if you choose not to.
Old 12-23-2011, 12:05 PM   #7
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

Coach mode in Madden is broken to be honest. In true coach mode, you shouldn't be able to throw the ball or MOVE period. All you should be able to do is just hike the ball.

Also in coach mode in Madden, your QB don't scramble at all, which is nonsense.

That is why I prefer coach mode in NCAA 12, NBA 2K12 and FIFA 12. They have it right, Madden does not.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »