Home

Rebuilding the Raptors

This is a discussion on Rebuilding the Raptors within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 12-24-2011, 02:00 PM   #1
Rookie

ticats8's Arena

OVR: 2
Rebuilding the Raptors

Hey guys, I'm getting 2K12 for christmas tomorrow and will be starting a franchise with my hometown team, the Raptors

I want to rebuild them realistically and the only players I won't trade are DeRozan, Ed Davis and Jerryd Bayless.

Any suggestions on trades, FA signings and draft picks?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-24-2011, 02:03 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 19
Re: Rebuilding the Raptors

Quote:
Originally Posted by ticats8
Hey guys, I'm getting 2K12 for christmas tomorrow and will be starting a franchise with my hometown team, the Raptors

I want to rebuild them realistically and the only players I won't trade are DeRozan, Ed Davis and Jerryd Bayless.

Any suggestions on trades, FA signings and draft picks?
You might be able to get something out of Bargnani and Amir Johnson. Amir's overpriced. I would focus on FA and draft picks. If you are going to trade anybody, trade for draft picks and pick up low-priced free agents for 1 year deals.
Acts 2:38. Let the truth be told.
John 4:23. He is seeking a seeker.
John 3:20. Say no to normal.
Old 12-24-2011, 02:07 PM   #3
Rookie

ticats8's Arena

OVR: 2

I'd love to trade Bargnani for a center who can do everything that he doesn't do, which is everything but score, maybe a roy hibbert type
Old 12-24-2011, 02:53 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 9

Yea the raptors are a challenge in association cause they don't have much. I line Ed Davis, Bargaini Sp?, and Deroazen. My first priority asap would be to try and get a good point guard and center. Someone like Jennings, Lowry, and anyone young with potential. Then I would get a center. In my cats association I got Robyn Lopez. He averaged 10ppg/8.4. Rpg. And almost 2 blocks. An/ or anyone cheap, young.

Them I'n offseason grab brook Lopez, javale McGee, who will give u talent. The. U can move big b to pf. And draft harrrison barnes, and u work on your bench.
Old 12-24-2011, 02:56 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 9

But if anyone has any good ideas please tell us. They have no rookies
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-24-2011, 03:46 PM   #6
Rookie

Preo32's Arena

OVR: 4

Im a Raptors fan and am considering doing the same thing. I like a few other teams a lot as well and may go a different route, but my plan for Toronto would be:

1) Trade Bargnani - I like him but he is just tough to deal with. Too bad at defense to play center, too slow for SF, PF is ok I guess but i like defensive PFs over ones that shoot that should be more than just a shooter.

2) Trade Calderon - He just needs to go for some youth

3) Probably download a CAP of Valanciunas bc after 1 year I will want him and Ill just sit him in reserves all season until next yr

Now, One trade I am intrigued in for Toronto on the game is the possiblity to aquire Kemba Walker and Bismack Biyombo from Charlotte. Both are top 10 picks so getting them will be difficult probably, but (and I dont have the game but will probably get it tomorrow) I assume Bargnani and Calderon for those 2, with some additional players in case money is off, as well as draft picks, would result in a way to get them both. That is going to be my plan at least. Then I hope to have a lineup of Walker, DeRozan, James Johnson/Gary Forbes, Ed Davis/Amir Johnson, and Biyombo as a raw center who will improve and be a defensive force over time.

If I do it with them, that is my plan to start rebuilding. I may go another route from Walker, but if I can get both in one deal I will most likely do it. I am big on free agents for my associations bc i know so many of the bad ones from college ball which i follow deeply, so I would fill it out with players I like. I would also get rid of Aaron Gray and Anthony Carter bc I do not like them that much.

EDIT --- Plus, right now, there are a lot of decent FAs Id sign to help out the team. I used to love Arenas, so id pick him up as a alternate starting PG or backup to somebody. Once I get the game Ill have a better idea of what i want to do, but im leaning towards Toronto as I am a big fan and would love to see them be relevant in the next few years

Last edited by Preo32; 12-24-2011 at 03:56 PM.
Old 12-24-2011, 04:09 PM   #7
MVP

volstopfan14's Arena

OVR: 20

The Raptors are definately a challenge. Here is the way I look at the roster. This is just me, but I'm going to be using a Jonas Valanciunas CAP since he won't be in this years game. I would wait till year 2 to use him though. DeRozen is a beast on 2k and can get better if you develop his shooting. Davis will be a solid PF. Amir Johnson (think Udonis Haslem) and Jerryd Bayless can be contributers off the bench. Personally, I'd look to trade Bargnani. If you really like his game, you could put him at PF and look to trade Davis or Johnson. I just don't see enough playing time for Valanciunas, Bargnani, Davis, and Johnson. The 2 remaining problems are SF and PG. I'd try to draft a SF (Harrison Barnes?) and use Bargnani to trade for a PG.
Old 12-24-2011, 04:16 PM   #8
Banned

OVR: 0

trade : Bargnani,Calderon,Barbosa,Amir Johnson
bring in : Al Horford,Nolan Smith,Marcus Thornton
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »