Home

If everything 'on the field' stayed exactly the same for NCAA 13...

This is a discussion on If everything 'on the field' stayed exactly the same for NCAA 13... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-22-2012, 12:21 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 6
If everything 'on the field' stayed exactly the same for NCAA 13...

But they made the fans 3d, upgraded commentary, and overall gave the game just a better college football atmosphere, would you buy the game?

I want this game to be at a point where a blind person could tell when a big play is happening, just by using their ears. A deaf person should be able to tell by looking at the stands and sidelines. As it is, a game winning FG with time expiring in the NC game is met with as much emotion in the game as the last play in a 49-0 win.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-22-2012, 12:39 PM   #2
Rookie

Cubs017's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: If everything 'on the field' stayed exactly the same for NCAA 13...

No. I wouldn't buy it. If there are still psychic DBs and super LBs and that sort of nonsense then I'm not buying the game.

NCAA is my favorite sports franchise, but I sold last year's game after a month. I'm done until they fix stuff like that.
Old 01-22-2012, 12:48 PM   #3
Pro

carnalnirvana's Arena

OVR: 21

i would consider it if the opposite was done: leave features intact and fixed only on field gameplay

if they left every feature intact but fixed the DB's/LB's and the OL interactions it would be a better game.

#18 greatest EVA....
Old 01-22-2012, 01:03 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 5

While I'm all about the gameplay getting done right (and we all know they have plenty to work on there!), the commentary needs a complete overhaul.
Old 01-22-2012, 01:12 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 3

After reading these boards I honestly wonder if I'm one of the few guys that never listens to the game audio ... like at all. The first time I fire up the game I listen to the audio for the intro but that's about it.

Usually I have my iPod playing something I want to hear. I could care less what the fans in the stands look like, or commentary being the same lines for the last five years ... I just want the game to play great and play realistic.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-22-2012, 01:17 PM   #6
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

If they did that, I would absolutely, totally, completely with 100% certainty, NOT buy the game. I would also send a 1000 word essay to EA Tiburon berating them for their mindbogglingly poor design decisions.

Like one of the posters above me, I'd be OK with it if the opposite happened, where all of their time/resources were spent on gameplay and A.I..

With NCAA Basketball 10, EA spent the vast majority or their time on presentation, bringing in two different announcing teams and such, and look how well that worked out. They chose to stop making that series altogether, despite having no competition in that category.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Old 01-22-2012, 03:13 PM   #7
Pro

Kcordloh's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by walshcav
After reading these boards I honestly wonder if I'm one of the few guys that never listens to the game audio ... like at all. The first time I fire up the game I listen to the audio for the intro but that's about it.

Usually I have my iPod playing something I want to hear. I could care less what the fans in the stands look like, or commentary being the same lines for the last five years ... I just want the game to play great and play realistic.
I care about game play, polls, conference alignments. I honestly don't care if the commentary sucks. I'd like it not to, but can deal with it if they make the game funner.
Old 01-22-2012, 03:42 PM   #8
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

I wouldn't buy it. Presentation can only take you so far. Much like the team intros for NCAA 12, I stopped watching those after the 2nd day of owning the game.

3D grass......can careless about because you can only see it zoomed in on pictures.

Hell look at NCAA 10 basketball game. All that presentation with the 2 different commentator teams, but yet the game play itself wasn't changed. It was still very stale with basic movement, basic controls.

What happened with that experiment ? Game didn't sell well and they dropped the series all together.

Look at all the presentation EA MMA had. Spectator mode with up to 10 friends, everybody being able to talk to each other and watch the fight go on at the same time.

But yet the game play was basic and limiting. Game bombed and quickly dropped to $20 after being out for 6 weeks. And now what ? EA Sports is out of the MMA market already, one and done.

Game play is what sells games, not presentation. You would think after 2 failures in recent years, EA Sports would have learned their lesson.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »