Home

CPU Late 3rd / All 4TH Qtr Runs - Association Mode

This is a discussion on CPU Late 3rd / All 4TH Qtr Runs - Association Mode within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-17-2012, 04:09 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
CPU Late 3rd / All 4TH Qtr Runs - Association Mode

What's up with the CPU runs in the late 3rd and all of the 4th quarter? Seems like every game lately I play I have a nice lead going into the third then all of a sudden the computer just kicks into another gear.

It's getting really annoying, anyone else experiencing anything like this?

Was up by 16 to start the fourth last night vs Portland, then 4 or 5 minutes later they had an 18-2 run and were gassed up like mack truck.

It happens frequently to me, I'm playing on All-Star with sliders. Just really a pain in the ***, I'd rather have the computer stick with me all game instead of just going on some huge runs at the end to bury me.

Seems like in the 4th they do everything right and I just turn into the Washington Wizards all of a sudden.

Maybe it's because I play with the Kings in association mode. 12-12 so far we are.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-17-2012, 05:25 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: CPU Late 3rd / All 4TH Qtr Runs - Association Mode

This happens to me sometimes, only when I get lazy though. the reason it happens is because the CPU is learning your strategy and what you're doing, and they're adjusting to stopping it. If you really pay attention, stay calm, be efficient, and call timeouts when they gain momentum, you will be fine.

The best advice I can give is to change your strategy mid-game, run new plays, exploit every matchup problem. Don't take bad shots. Ever. Momentum is a hidden-Key in NBA 2K12, and if they go on a 10-0 run, it's likely they won't miss anything that doesn't get blocked. You HAVE to call timeouts, and slow the game down to stop them from continuing the momentum.
Old 03-17-2012, 08:40 PM   #3
Pro

speedtrucker's Arena

OVR: 4

my problem with that is that I am the Wizards in my online association.

I can have any amount of a lead in any game and there will be a point in the 4th where I will not be able to hit a shot no matter how safe/open/fast breaking I am... I'll miss layups where I've broken down the defender, just enough for them to take the lead and hold it.

it's tough to impossible to overcome these crazy runs.
Old 03-17-2012, 10:24 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedtrucker
my problem with that is that I am the Wizards in my online association.

I can have any amount of a lead in any game and there will be a point in the 4th where I will not be able to hit a shot no matter how safe/open/fast breaking I am... I'll miss layups where I've broken down the defender, just enough for them to take the lead and hold it.

it's tough to impossible to overcome these crazy runs.
Well, if you're in an online association , the problem is that you're playing an online association against a CPU.
The Online Association uses default sliders, un-editable. and the default game sliders SUCK. They are terrible! I can understand that! but in regular games, just get a great slider set, and great roster, and you're set. good to go.

I recommend these sliders and these rosters.
Old 03-18-2012, 02:30 AM   #5
Banned

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by 365NFL1
What's up with the CPU runs in the late 3rd and all of the 4th quarter? Seems like every game lately I play I have a nice lead going into the third then all of a sudden the computer just kicks into another gear.

It's getting really annoying, anyone else experiencing anything like this?

Was up by 16 to start the fourth last night vs Portland, then 4 or 5 minutes later they had an 18-2 run and were gassed up like mack truck.

It happens frequently to me, I'm playing on All-Star with sliders. Just really a pain in the ***, I'd rather have the computer stick with me all game instead of just going on some huge runs at the end to bury me.

Seems like in the 4th they do everything right and I just turn into the Washington Wizards all of a sudden.

Maybe it's because I play with the Kings in association mode. 12-12 so far we are.
Unfortunately this has everything to do with ego and really nothing to do wit 2k theres really no reason they should go on an 18-2 run u have to stop the momentum should have used a time out way b4 it got to that point thats how the cpu gets these runs most ppl just don't use time outs in the nab a 6-0 ru is usually enough for a time out
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-18-2012, 03:04 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 14

I am playing my offline association in Superstar difficulty with an 8th pick fantasy drafted team, and lately I have been on a good run stopping the CPU! I used to have the same problem, but know that Timeouts are KEY. If you feel a change in momentum, u should call a timeout or else it will build up the momentum for the CPU and soon enough they'll be making everything. No lie, it makes me wanna rage quit! Once you get all ur player's releases down, u should always make ur open shot, or as much as possible. Mid range is a good way to light them up, too. Sometimes if the 3 is not going in, start in mid range or drive inside or post em up. Switch up the strategy and try not to be predictable like other people said here. Hope this helps!
Old 03-18-2012, 10:52 AM   #7
MVP

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by JA Money14
This happens to me sometimes, only when I get lazy though. the reason it happens is because the CPU is learning your strategy and what you're doing, and they're adjusting to stopping it. If you really pay attention, stay calm, be efficient, and call timeouts when they gain momentum, you will be fine.

The best advice I can give is to change your strategy mid-game, run new plays, exploit every matchup problem. Don't take bad shots. Ever. Momentum is a hidden-Key in NBA 2K12, and if they go on a 10-0 run, it's likely they won't miss anything that doesn't get blocked. You HAVE to call timeouts, and slow the game down to stop them from continuing the momentum.
The CPU isn't learning your strategy it is cheating. If I run a play they already know the play even if I never ran it. No screens work and if I call for a screen the CPU already goes to were I am about to go.

If you don't take bad shots it will happen! If you call timeouts it will happen! Shoot open shots, it will happen! There is nothing you can do but slow it down.

This is called scripted gameplay.
Old 03-18-2012, 02:12 PM   #8
Banned

dukebeatsuncagain's Arena

OVR: 24

Boo hoo. The statement "scripted game play" is as cliche' as they come. I play the CPU on All-Star and can hold teams off if I buck up and play defense. Even when you play people online they go on insane runs. That is Basketball, a game of runs. Spert-a-bility is what I call it!

Seriously tho, you people need to stop crying and understand it is a video game. Go play real basketball down at the park and see how realistic it is to miss every shot for 3 minutes straight.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »