Home

EXPLAINING THE DIFFERENT LEVELS OF SIZEUPS

This is a discussion on EXPLAINING THE DIFFERENT LEVELS OF SIZEUPS within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-20-2012, 08:50 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 10
EXPLAINING THE DIFFERENT LEVELS OF SIZEUPS

now alot of people have seen SHAKEDOWNS size up videos on utube. and although they are great there are slightly incorrect. i am a size up freak and i hope to explain the difference between a sizeup from level to level. i play PG allways but i have done this with kobe and melo to. are these gonna work on dwight or shaq i dont know but please use your noggin people. lets get started.
there are three packages of iso moves L1 L2 AND L3 pretty simple right.

1) there is no engaged isomotion size up. when you are useing a level one size up that animation only has one specific motion. if its a basic cross a behind the back or whatever what you see is what you get.
2) now if you rank up and use level two now things get interesting. lets say i use one of my favorite crossover i believe its L2 cross 7. 2k has made this so you can either rock the ball from side to side or flick the stick to give off a quick fake. it all relies on the user and his understanding on how he wants that player to set up the play. i want you all to watch iversons utube video when he crosses MJ. he makes quick and subtle baby crosses before exploding in the opposite direction. when you are at a level 2 it really gives you two completely diffrent isomotion moves to explode out off. if you go crazy with the sticks it will make these moves useless makeing it look like there are separate animations. if you are engaged or not,that has nothing to do with it. so lets say your useing dwade with a crossover 7 and a side cross L2 cross 7. you can rock the ball in complete control without reseting as long as you want engaged or not. if you break out of the cross animation you either went to fast or didnt go left to right in total control. it will make him put the ball between his legs and reset just practice,to sum this up L2 cross seven looks eerily similar to L3 cross 6. with the later one haveing even more options play with ; TRY them all and see what i mean.

3) now we move to the foward isomotion and level 3. again there are three separate animations each level you go up in rank.level on has a base sizeup only. level two has a base sizeup and a follow up sizeup. level three has a base sizeup and two follow up size ups. not just level one, level two, each time you move up in levels 2k gives you more options and control. lets use derrick rose for and example. L3 forward 17 has three seperate isomotion animations built into it. if you flick it once it will do the first then while his still doing the first flick it again, then hell do another animation then do it again he does his last one. remember you can break out of anyone anytime you want. there is a foward sizeup L3 foward 8 and L3 foward 10 that at first glance look very similar but have completely separate follow up animations. a great example of doing this is a kid name lenzydagreat on youtube using derrick rose. check it out its a good video.

and finally using escape dribble pull ups effectively. when your defender is on you tight and bumps you it used to drive me nuts. now i use these animations more then any other one.i can get to the rim useing only escape dribble animations without touching turbo or a crossover, some of them you can let go mid amination and take it to the rim easily. most of them have nice crossovers in there own right. but you must not mistake in paint animations with stepbacks or behind the back. you have to already have good position or youll pick the ball up and take a shot.a example of that is a chris paul mix from mufcrlz. actually he makes gret videos all around. i hope this helped you guys. expolre at these trick ii garuntee you will enjoy blowing by the defense and getting to the rim.

Last edited by ironwork; 04-25-2012 at 09:18 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-20-2012, 02:59 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: EXPLAINING THE DIFFERENT LEVELS OF SIZEUPS

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironwork
now alot of people have seen SHAKEDOWNS size up videos on utube. and although they are great there are slightly incorrect. i am a size up freak and i hope to explain the difference between a sizeup from level to level. i play PG allways but i have done this with kobe and melo to. are these gonna work on dwight or shaq i dont know but please use your noggin people. lets get started.
there are three packages of iso moves L1 L2 AND L3 pretty simple right.

1) there is no engaged isomotion size up. when you are useing a level one size up that animation only has one specific motion. if its a basic cross a behind the back or whatever what you see is what you get.
2) now if you rank up and use level two now things get interesting. lets say i use one of my favorite crossover i believe its L2 cross 7. 2k has made this so you can either rock the ball from side to side or flick the stick to give off a quick fake. it all relies on the user and his understanding on how he wants that player to set up the play. i want you all to watch iversons utube video when he crosses MJ. he makes quick and subtle baby crosses before exploding in the opposite direction. when you are at a level 2 it really gives you two completely diffrent isomotion moves to explode out off. if you go crazy with the sticks it will make these moves useless makeing it look like there are separate animations. if you are engaged or not,that has nothing to do with it. so lets say your useing dwade with a crossover 7 and a side cross L2 cross 7. you can rock the ball in complete control without reseting as long as you want engaged or not. if you break out of the cross animation you either went to fast or didnt go left to right in total control. it will make him put the ball between his legs and reset just practice,to sum this up L2 cross seven looks eerily similar to L3 cross 6. with the later one haveing even more options play with ; TRY them all and see what i mean.

3) now we move to the foward isomotion and level 3. again there are three separate animations each level you go up in rank. not just level one level two each time you move up in levels 2k gives you more options and control. lets use derrick rose for and example. L3 forward 17 has three seperate isomotion animations built into it. if you flick it once it will do the first then while his still doing the first flick it again, then hell do another animation then do it again he does his last one. remember you can break out of anyone anytime you want. there is a foward sizeup L3 foward 8 and Lt foward 10 that at first glance look very similar but have completely separate follow up animations. a great example of doing this is a kid name lenzydagreat on youtube using derrick rose. check it out its a good video.

and finally using escape dribble pull ups effectively. when your defender is on you tight and bumps you it used to drive me nuts. now i use these animations more then any other one.i can get to the rim useing only escape dribble animations without touching turbo or a crossover, some of them you can let go mid amination and take it to the rim easily. most of them have nice crossovers in there own right. but you must not mistake in paint animations with stepbacks or behind the back. you have to already have good position or youll pick the ball up and take a shot.a example of that is a chris paul mix from mufcrlz. actually he makes gret videos all around. i hope this helped you guys. expolre at these trick ii garuntee you will enjoy blowing by the defense and getting to the rim.
All this to learn, just to run into a defender anyways. I don't even need iso moves to get by a defender just stick movement and avoid using turbo, however the problem is that you end up running into someone else defender because your AI controlled teammate did not move into the right spot as you are driving. That's a big problem in 2k games for years. EA figured this out a long time ago with their ps2 verison of live. The spacing and movement in 2k games are just not right and it worst this year cause of the high steals, blocks and bs, inconsistant live ball physics. That's why zones are so over powering in 2k. I do appreciate the info you gave. Thanks.

Last edited by al2k4; 04-20-2012 at 03:21 PM.
Old 04-20-2012, 04:58 PM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by al2k4
All this to learn, just to run into a defender anyways. I don't even need iso moves to get by a defender just stick movement and avoid using turbo, however the problem is that you end up running into someone else defender because your AI controlled teammate did not move into the right spot as you are driving. That's a big problem in 2k games for years. EA figured this out a long time ago with their ps2 verison of live. The spacing and movement in 2k games are just not right and it worst this year cause of the high steals, blocks and bs, inconsistant live ball physics. That's why zones are so over powering in 2k. I do appreciate the info you gave. Thanks.
yeah i agree with you 100% the help defense either leaves you wide open or totally collapses and you run into someone else 's defender. i havent played live in a long time so i cant comment on the differences. but not useing the crossover button LT to croosover is definitely a great way to blow past the defense. im actually looking foward to see what ea has to offer this year it should be interesting.
Old 04-20-2012, 11:53 PM   #4
Rookie

190 hits one answer thanks alot
Old 04-21-2012, 12:30 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 3

One thing I've noticed is that it's better to try to shake the defender a little behind 3pt line. the closer you get to the paint the tighter the defense gets. If you able to get by, you can plan your next move better.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-21-2012, 01:54 AM   #6
Banned

thuglife74's Arena

OVR: 4

i don't think you're getting many replies because the majority of people here don't know what you're talking about. and it's not your fault - they just aren't as into the game as some of us.

my usual rule if i'm not using a hesitation crossover to try and blow by, i hold the dribble modifier and hit right stick towards the basket. after that animation, i just use a simple crossover and prob about 75% of the time if i drive in the right direction (i'm not saying left or right, but in a direction that this game will reward me for going in that direction... sorta like layups and dunks - if you move the right stick perfectly between two defenders you'll split them and get the basket [if that makes sense]), it will be a successful crossover. i think we all have our own unique ways of using crossovers moves in this game. imo it's all about precision using the left and right sticks as far as driving and succeeding with layups and dunks. even escape dribbles.

i'm so tired - hope that all makes sense.

wow, i missed 420.
Old 04-21-2012, 10:55 AM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by thuglife74
i don't think you're getting many replies because the majority of people here don't know what you're talking about. and it's not your fault - they just aren't as into the game as some of us.

my usual rule if i'm not using a hesitation crossover to try and blow by, i hold the dribble modifier and hit right stick towards the basket. after that animation, i just use a simple crossover and prob about 75% of the time if i drive in the right direction (i'm not saying left or right, but in a direction that this game will reward me for going in that direction... sorta like layups and dunks - if you move the right stick perfectly between two defenders you'll split them and get the basket [if that makes sense]), it will be a successful crossover. i think we all have our own unique ways of using crossovers moves in this game. imo it's all about precision using the left and right sticks as far as driving and succeeding with layups and dunks. even escape dribbles.

i'm so tired - hope that all makes sense.

wow, i missed 420.
lol i understand completely. but all i was trying to say in a nut shell. a level one has one base sizeup animation per package. a level two has, one base sizeup animation and one completely different follow up animations. one plus one equals two. and two plus one equals three. so as far as the packages 2k gives you its sizeup one sizeup two,and sizeup three right. now follow up animations and sizeups are SEPARATE things. each level you rank up you get more sizeup animations added to a package. a level 3 sizeup has three seperate sizeup animations in total. one base size up, and two follow ups. i even gave examples lol ohh well i tried to help lol

Last edited by ironwork; 04-21-2012 at 11:15 AM.
Old 04-21-2012, 11:23 AM   #8
Rookie

MAYBE ILL DUMB DOWN THE WAY I TALK USE CORNY NURSERY RHYME RAPS AND SPEAK IN AUTO TUNE FOR PEOPLE TO UNDERSTAND ME!! OHH WELL I TRIED TO HELP!!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »