Home

How will madden 13 represent QB Brandon Weeden far as age

This is a discussion on How will madden 13 represent QB Brandon Weeden far as age within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-03-2012, 10:11 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 7
How will madden 13 represent QB Brandon Weeden far as age

We all know that most quarterbacks go down in ratings when they hit about 32 years old, with Weeden being 28 how will madden represent him in the best way for him to be able to play as long as luck or RG3 would play??? with that said could he possibly retire to early in the game????
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-03-2012, 10:19 PM   #2
Banned

BestServedCold's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: How will madden 13 represent QB Brandon Weeden far as age

His body hasn't taken the physical toll that a quarterback his age has generally been exacted, so I would say his injury rating should be higher.

This is, unfortunately, assuming that they would change the injury system to allow for decay due to injuries (see OOTP or more famously NFL Head Coach)
Old 05-03-2012, 10:43 PM   #3
Game Dev

TheBleedingRed21's Arena

OVR: 21

He would be 40+ if he played as long as Luck or RG3. So in terms of realism, I would hope he would not be able to play that long. Just as in real life, the dude will see decline when he hits his 30's (how late in 30's idk)
Old 05-03-2012, 11:28 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbowers7
He would be 40+ if he played as long as Luck or RG3. So in terms of realism, I would hope he would not be able to play that long. Just as in real life, the dude will see decline when he hits his 30's (how late in 30's idk)

I get that but given the circumstances I believe it would be unfair to the players who play franchise mode with the browns, here u have a quarterback who could play maybe 8-10 season regardless of his age but yet in madden it may change that to more like 3-5 season just don't sit with me all to well considering he is a 1st rd pick and possibly a franchise quarterback
Old 05-03-2012, 11:47 PM   #5
Pro

StayPlation82's Arena

OVR: 12

But he realistically only has 3-5 years. The browns know that and they hope he can be great for 3-5 years. After that they have to draft again for the future. To me that's the price you pay with him. I don't have a problem if he retires at 35-36 in franchise mode.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-04-2012, 12:08 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by BestServedCold
His body hasn't taken the physical toll that a quarterback his age has generally been exacted
Yes,I think so.
Old 05-04-2012, 12:14 AM   #7
Pro

OVR: 13

Aww... Browns fans are so cute

Seriously though, he'll probably get to play one contract with the Browns in real life. Maybe two. He hasn't taken the beating, but his body has still aged. Just because he hasn't played football his entire life doesn't mean he'll be capable to play into his 40s.
Old 05-04-2012, 05:32 AM   #8
Pro

Pandetta's Arena

OVR: 8

If you notice, previous older rookies like Danny Watkins generally progress for the first 3 years even with their age, and generally don't decline immediately. There is clearly something coded to factor years played and age (if only slightly).

Additionally, quarterbacks regress more slowly in their 30s in M12 - I see Eli Manning actually gain rating in virtually every first year (he is 30/31) and often in some other years. Again there is definitely something coded for quarterbacks to allow for minor progress or lack of regression in the 30s up to a point.

My sample size is pretty significant at this point (hundreds of franchise seasons).

With this in mind, I think Weeden will probably physically decline a bit starting at 31-33, and the current system does a reasonable job of simulating that.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »