Home

NBA 2k13 Still Has Jordan....Right?

This is a discussion on NBA 2k13 Still Has Jordan....Right? within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-08-2012, 03:32 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
NBA 2k13 Still Has Jordan....Right?

I was wondering will NBA 2k13 still have Michael Jordan or will he not be in the game
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-08-2012, 03:37 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: NBA 2k13 Still Has Jordan....Right?

yes, in one of the previews ןit was mentioned that in the all-star dunk contest michael jordan was on of the competitors.
Old 06-08-2012, 10:25 AM   #3
MVP

coolcras7's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amedu
I was wondering will NBA 2k13 still have Michael Jordan or will he not be in the game
2k has him under contract for 2-3 more games I believe.
Old 06-08-2012, 08:53 PM   #4
MVP

ewingandoakley's Arena

OVR: 23

they signed him for a three year contract for 2k11, 2k12, and 2k13.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Griffey Jr
Why should I stretch? Does a cheetah stretch before it chases its prey?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Damon
I just go out and play.
Old 06-08-2012, 10:09 PM   #5
Banned

BuddhaBaller's Arena

OVR: 0

At this point, I'd be absolutely shocked if Jordan and at least a small collection of classic teams don't become a mainstay of future basketball games.

Clearly, there is a high demand among gamers and basketball fans alike to be able to play with some of their favorite old teams from the past while seeing them perform with the incredible technology we have today.

In fact, I predict that we will soon see other sport games follow this trend. I'd love to play with the Big Hurt or Ryne Sandberg in The Show. We already saw Madden take a small step in this direction with Ultimate Team mode. Although they failed miserably in its implementation, imo. Who doesn't want to play with Dan Marino, Deion Sanders, and the Great Barry Sanders?

Last edited by BuddhaBaller; 06-08-2012 at 10:56 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-09-2012, 12:47 AM   #6
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuddhaBaller
At this point, I'd be absolutely shocked if Jordan and at least a small collection of classic teams don't become a mainstay of future basketball games.

Clearly, there is a high demand among gamers and basketball fans alike to be able to play with some of their favorite old teams from the past while seeing them perform with the incredible technology we have today.

In fact, I predict that we will soon see other sport games follow this trend. I'd love to play with the Big Hurt or Ryne Sandberg in The Show. We already saw Madden take a small step in this direction with Ultimate Team mode. Although they failed miserably in its implementation, imo. Who doesn't want to play with Dan Marino, Deion Sanders, and the Great Barry Sanders?
I hope you're right. Your logic is sound. I'm glad NBA video game producers finally realized the true potential in actual classic teams. It took over a decade of living through "All-90's" teams, but we got there, and I'm so glad we did.

Other sports games have actually been dabbling in real-deal classic teams for a while now. NFL2K5 and the NHL2K series both had well over 25 classic teams. NFL 2K5 even had a flashback mode where players re-created famous moments in NFL history (that occurred in the ESPN era). Of course, the rights to the players were not purchased, so it was up to the user to enter in the correct names (and I did exactly that). 1991 Lions. 1995 Falcons. 1993 Cowboys. It was all a blast.

I just hope the classic teams have reached a wide enough base to warrant developers maintaining and improving that portion of the game. I've had brief thoughts of wonder, where Michael Jordan's contract would run out with 2K after this year and 2K would subsequently scale back their classic teams. I would be nonplussed to the max if that were the case. I like using current teams, but I like using classics just as much (if not more).

Last edited by VDusen04; 06-09-2012 at 06:06 PM.
Old 06-09-2012, 01:11 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 2

Nothing better than guarding Jordan straight up for 22 seconds and have him make every layup because you run out of intense D lol. I bought 2k12 this year because I don't think they will have all the classic teams forever. If they don't have the best NBA player ever in every 2K though, its going to be a tough buy for me. Iv'e been playing since Lakers vs' Celts Sega. So when 2k11 rolled wit Jordan I was in, so I'm looking forward to the best in-air acrobat ever, forever.

Last edited by HighRiser32; 06-09-2012 at 01:17 AM.
Old 06-09-2012, 09:19 AM   #8
Rookie

silverskier's Arena

OVR: 3

I prefer better online implementation + sliders and better gameplay than legends, so if the money has to go to some concret section of the game I'd prefer online and gameplay.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »