Home

Did something change or did EA change something?

This is a discussion on Did something change or did EA change something? within the Boxing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Boxing
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-17-2012, 07:29 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 5
Exclamation Found something you guys might be interested in. Need OS help to verify it.

I hadn't played FNC in a couple of months because offline gets way too easy so I stop playing to renew the challenge. I fired it up two days ago and did a quick match (offline). I did a random WW match and it was me (Mayweather cab) vs an Amir Khan cab.

I wasn't thinking too much when the fight started and within 3 rounds all I can say is that the fight against Amir Khan surprised the living hell out of me. For the first time in any Fight Night I had to stay 100% focused every round and going into the 10th I realized I was actually losing to the cpu. UD win for Khan.

I didn't think much of it until I played again today and picked Cotto and randomize again led me to Khan. I lost the fight via split decision 114-113, 113-114, 113-114. It was easily the best FN fight I've ever had. Paying more attention to the whole Khan part of things this time because of what happened in the Mayweather fight. I was unbelievably surprised (pleasantly so) to see that Khan outlanded me 39% to 33%. I pride myself on picking my spots and throwing the right punches at the right times. My biggest weakness is conserving stamina for the later rounds and not throwing enough combos. Yet I got outlanded by a solid margin as well as percentage and the dude threw about 200 punches less than me.

So I figured next time I'll pick someone I'm pretty good with and go at Khan again. I used Sugar Ray Leonard and beat Khan but it was once again very close. a 115-113, 115-113, 114-114 majority decision.

Now here's my thinking. Either EA changed something and I don't know about it, or no one knows about it. Or, whoever made the Khan cab ended up making him so that he fights realistically and harder than anyone else in the game. Whether by intent or accident is beyond me as well as irrelevant.

I am about to dive into experimenting to figure out wtf is happening. I've only done two fights outside of Khan being my opponent so far and won both fairly easily. Before I started though I felt like I needed to ask the OS community if things have changed and I'm out of the loop, if anyone else has noticed this, or what their thoughts are regarding what it could be.

I realize there's probably about 25 of us still playing this game but to me that's worth this long a$$ post to let the die hards know, something happened. At no point in any single one of the Fight Night's (and I've owned or played them all since the original Knockout Kings) have I caught myself gawking at my fight and thinking "Wow, this is so realistic", because it's never happened. This Khan cab fought unbelievably strategic, realistic, and intelligently. I've never seen anything like it in any boxing game. I also never use the instant replay in this game, ever. In the Cotto fight I must've gone into replay mode about 3 dozen times because some of the things he was doing were brilliant and some of the other moments were equally stunning.

If anyone ends up wanting to try it out I'll attempt to find who I downloaded the cab from (if that's even an option to look it up), post my sliders and of course the khab (lame, sorry) attributes and tendencies.

I know there's not many of us playing this game anymore but I felt as though if I've stumbled across something that makes this game as realistic as I've ever seen any boxing game get and no one knew about it, that I needed to figure it out (here goes nothing) and let you guys know how to achieve the same result.

Easiest way to put it is the game just went from bottom of my video game stack to completely geeked out about the possibility of having all fights be like that in the span of 4 fights. Thanks in advance for your help.

Last edited by tcrews; 06-18-2012 at 12:13 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-07-2012, 02:22 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Found something you guys might be interested in. Need OS help to verify it.

really? that wud be great! EA rockz
Old 07-13-2012, 05:08 PM   #3
OS Brew Connoisseur

Motown's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcrews
I hadn't played FNC in a couple of months because offline gets way too easy so I stop playing to renew the challenge. I fired it up two days ago and did a quick match (offline). I did a random WW match and it was me (Mayweather cab) vs an Amir Khan cab.

I wasn't thinking too much when the fight started and within 3 rounds all I can say is that the fight against Amir Khan surprised the living hell out of me. For the first time in any Fight Night I had to stay 100% focused every round and going into the 10th I realized I was actually losing to the cpu. UD win for Khan.

I didn't think much of it until I played again today and picked Cotto and randomize again led me to Khan. I lost the fight via split decision 114-113, 113-114, 113-114. It was easily the best FN fight I've ever had. Paying more attention to the whole Khan part of things this time because of what happened in the Mayweather fight. I was unbelievably surprised (pleasantly so) to see that Khan outlanded me 39% to 33%. I pride myself on picking my spots and throwing the right punches at the right times. My biggest weakness is conserving stamina for the later rounds and not throwing enough combos. Yet I got outlanded by a solid margin as well as percentage and the dude threw about 200 punches less than me.

So I figured next time I'll pick someone I'm pretty good with and go at Khan again. I used Sugar Ray Leonard and beat Khan but it was once again very close. a 115-113, 115-113, 114-114 majority decision.

Now here's my thinking. Either EA changed something and I don't know about it, or no one knows about it. Or, whoever made the Khan cab ended up making him so that he fights realistically and harder than anyone else in the game. Whether by intent or accident is beyond me as well as irrelevant.

I am about to dive into experimenting to figure out wtf is happening. I've only done two fights outside of Khan being my opponent so far and won both fairly easily. Before I started though I felt like I needed to ask the OS community if things have changed and I'm out of the loop, if anyone else has noticed this, or what their thoughts are regarding what it could be.

I realize there's probably about 25 of us still playing this game but to me that's worth this long a$$ post to let the die hards know, something happened. At no point in any single one of the Fight Night's (and I've owned or played them all since the original Knockout Kings) have I caught myself gawking at my fight and thinking "Wow, this is so realistic", because it's never happened. This Khan cab fought unbelievably strategic, realistic, and intelligently. I've never seen anything like it in any boxing game. I also never use the instant replay in this game, ever. In the Cotto fight I must've gone into replay mode about 3 dozen times because some of the things he was doing were brilliant and some of the other moments were equally stunning.

If anyone ends up wanting to try it out I'll attempt to find who I downloaded the cab from (if that's even an option to look it up), post my sliders and of course the khab (lame, sorry) attributes and tendencies.

I know there's not many of us playing this game anymore but I felt as though if I've stumbled across something that makes this game as realistic as I've ever seen any boxing game get and no one knew about it, that I needed to figure it out (here goes nothing) and let you guys know how to achieve the same result.

Easiest way to put it is the game just went from bottom of my video game stack to completely geeked out about the possibility of having all fights be like that in the span of 4 fights. Thanks in advance for your help.
Somethin' is DEFINITELY different bro ALL for the better too...I'm seeing more frequent 1 punch KOs, fights going the distance, 1 punch body KOs...never saw this stuff before. had a fight between Jack Johnson & Rocky Marciano...& they have been EPIC fights...fought Johnson 3x & he KOd me in the 1st rd in the 1st fight, I KOd him in 4th rd(1 punch KO), & we went the distance in the 3rd fight, w/ Johnson winning a SD also I've noticed ALOT more swelling & deep gashed cuts that weren't there before...not as pronounced anyway.
Old 07-17-2012, 02:44 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 5

I hadn't checked this in awhile because it didn't really get any responses. I'm glad it's not just me.

I decided to go ahead with my Amir Khan experiments and first change his stats (he changed, but not drastically, he was easier though) then make a duplicate Amir Khan with the same stats (he was just as difficult) then finally write down all the stats and edit a different boxer (Margarito) and see how Margarito fought with all of the same attributes as Khan after I fought the regular Margarito a few times.

I used Cotto vs the original Margarito (downloaded him from CAB obviously) and did 3 fights. I won all three times in rounds 2, 4, and 5. After giving him Khan's stats I won two, a 10 round TKO from a cut. A 12 round UD and was on the losing end of an 8 round flash KO.

It would be unbelievably time consuming to edit every boxer and put Khan's stats in. It takes so long for the screens to load in edit boxer that I may actually die of boredom. So at this point I just don't have it in me to do that.

What I was also thinking though is maybe Khan's attributes are just presenting a more difficult match up for me and the way that I fight? I'm not sure. But if other people are noticing this (thanks for your response Motown) then it seems likely that's all it is in this case.

If anyone is up for it I definitely encourage you to download that Khan CAB (I can provide the guys username or upload it myself) and let me know what you think. I haven't fought against him in a couple weeks now because I just welcomed my first child.

I will say that some fights are more difficult it seems (got knocked down 4 times by Jermain Taylor as Kelly Pavlik cause I was being an idiot and had 65% stamina by the start of round 3) but the problem is that others are just really, really easy.

Thanks for responding guys.
Old 07-18-2012, 12:34 PM   #5
Hall Of Fame

Money99's Arena

OVR: 37
Re: Did something change or did EA change something?

I don't have the game so I'm very interested in your comments/thoughts.
But do you guys think that maybe it feels different simply because you've been away from it for a while and are giving it a 2nd chance with no preconceived notions?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-18-2012, 01:21 PM   #6
OS Brew Connoisseur

Motown's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
I don't have the game so I'm very interested in your comments/thoughts.
But do you guys think that maybe it feels different simply because you've been away from it for a while and are giving it a 2nd chance with no preconceived notions?
I ain't been away Mo ...It's DEFINITELY different
Old 07-28-2012, 09:44 AM   #7
Pro

MikeRo72's Arena

OVR: 6

After being away for a couple of months I too came back and realized things seemed different. For one, my CABs now swell and bleed during the course of a fight. When I first got the game this wasn't happening and it was a deal breaker for me. I enjoyed the game by making dozens of CABs. Now I'm actually back to playing the game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Boxing »