Home

Wow, with all the negative to fair reviews out there...

This is a discussion on Wow, with all the negative to fair reviews out there... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 07-14-2012, 11:21 AM   #1
Rookie

KuruptOwnz's Arena

OVR: 3
Wow, with all the negative to fair reviews out there...

...is this even worth it?

I can't remember a time when I haven't bought an NCAA Football game, but s this one I should go without?

Has coach mode improved? Can DE's in a 4-3 or LB's in 3-4 get sacks now?

Those things alone would be worthy of a purchase from me.

Honest thoughts?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-14-2012, 11:26 AM   #2
Rookie

8mileroad's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Wow, with all the negative to fair reviews out there...

They've been getting a lot of coverage sacks in my dynasty, and I can get good pressure if I user control them if that answers your questions. I definitely think it's worth buying. I've been having a lot of fun so far. Check out the poll on this site: http://www.operationsports.com/forum...s-quality.html
Old 07-14-2012, 11:30 AM   #3
Banned

b2th3m1th's Arena

OVR: 0

I like it as well. I run a 4-2-5 and get sacks with the DE's cause that's what i use. I love the new recruiting and scouting system.
Old 07-14-2012, 11:37 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 4

Don't do coach mode myself so couldn't even begin to answer that one for ya.

As for the rest...

Have you liked the NCAA games from 2009 through to last year's release? If you answered yes then yes, this is most likely worth the pick up. 2013 isn't perfect but it's the best playing of this development cycle (2009 to present) IMO.

Are you looking for a "new" college football experience from last year's release? If you answered yes then wait until next year. You'll get to see how eyefinity works in Madden and how they can tweek it for next year's releases.

Hope that helped.

"What I look forward to is continued immaturity followed by death"
-Dave Barry
Old 07-14-2012, 11:40 AM   #5
MVP

RumbleCard's Arena

OVR: 8

I'll give you an honest opinion. I think the game is good. Probably the best playing game in the series. Generally smooth gameplay despite a few areas that are a bit redundant (animations). Over all I think its one of their better efforts.

but...

This is easily and I mean far and away the most bugged and glitched game I have ever played. And I'm one of those guys who typically just looks past the few flaws and truly spends time enjoying the game. Even an optimist like myself can't get past the numerous and widespread freezing issues. And of course all the other bugs like players moving in slo-mo on the field, shotgun glitch, recruiting issues and a dozen or so more that are present.

Its simply unavoidable. If you plan to play a Dynasty be prepared for a series of workarounds to get past the 4 or 5 varying freeze issues and make a second and third back up save because even with those solid workarounds sometimes you lose your Dynasty no matter what you do. At times you may have to sim over games that are glitched just to keep the Dynasty alive.

I hate sounding like a whiner but you gotta know what you're getting into.

Maybe a post patch purchase or a ton of patience.

Last edited by RumbleCard; 07-14-2012 at 11:42 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-14-2012, 11:52 AM   #6
Banned

OVR: 17

Thanks to a gift card and Amazon, I got the game for only $25 and I think it's worth that. No way it's worth full price, like others said it's pretty damn glitchy and still has the same annoyances as past versions.
Old 07-14-2012, 11:58 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 9

My opinion, I like it. I didn't buy 12, so if it's 12.5 then its ok with me. But there are things that you will see/experience that will make you scratch your head..

- QB gets sacked and celebrates
- Some bad AI defense
- Some bad blocking
- Random freezes (UGHH!!!)

And there's way more than that.

But, the dynasty this year is the best I've played. It's the first time I'm actually putting recruits on my board and taking them off. It's also the first time I'm running a new offense/defense style, so recruiting is gets me excited. Playing games and prospect pitches go hand-in-hand.

You can nit-pick at the game, but you can also find some fun with it if you want...

2K IS A HELLUVA DRUG
Old 07-14-2012, 12:05 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 0

It's an improvement to NCAA 12. Not a big one, but it's there.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »