Home

Special Free Agents

This is a discussion on Special Free Agents within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-22-2012, 02:31 PM   #1
Rookie

Shaka23's Arena

OVR: 3
Special Free Agents

After over 3 years of playing this game I have finally run into my first special free agent. His name is Perry Montgomery and he gave up a successful soccer career to try his luck in the NFL. He's nearly maxed at everything.

After looking on the forum it's happened to some people here and there.

Who here has had a special player show up out of nowhere(CFL, Soccer, etc) and any good stories?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-22-2012, 05:34 PM   #2
Pro

Aurabolt127's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Special Free Agents

Still never got one in all these years - what position is he? Honestly though, if I did get a converted soccer player and he was already nearly maxed- I'd be really disappointed.
Old 07-22-2012, 08:55 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 2

I got Perry Montgomery one franchise. I got the alert that he was "entering free agency", so i rushed off to the free agent screen, scoured the whole thing, and couldn't find him there. Disapointed, I went to the roster screen and set team to "all" and position to "hb" to see who got him. scrolled down the list (Took forever, huge *** list) to find out... I got him? how the hell did that happen?

anyway, he was indeed a beast, with one -glaring- problem. A BC vision score of 50.

Even with the BC vision issue, I probably still would have kept him except I had LeRon James and I was a passing-focused offense, so I ended up trading him away for a 1st round pick the following draft.
Old 07-22-2012, 11:17 PM   #4
Rookie

Shaka23's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurabolt127
Still never got one in all these years - what position is he? Honestly though, if I did get a converted soccer player and he was already nearly maxed- I'd be really disappointed.
I got Perry Montgomery as the previous poster did. He played RB and magically appeared on my roster for a 400K salary. He was 95 overall in my philosophy and nearly maxed out.

As a random, 28 year old soccer player it disappointed me that he wasn't a beast kicker or a speedy receiver with much needed development but solid raw skills.

I guess I expect that from this game.. not a gimmie superstar who immediately then requested a 6 year 59 million dollar contract haha.
Old 07-22-2012, 11:19 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 0

I have never had this happen. I want it to, but its all in the roll of the dice...

Meanwhile, Ive decided to add a name of people who are ridiculous.
I dont know if its an ozzie jones specific fa, it was the first year after I got the draft announcement telling me the path.

I was looking through free agency and had it sorted by speed for some reason, dont remember. I got to LT and there's a guy named PETE LOUGHEED.
I swear he has an 85 in every blocking stat, 70 in strength, and 90 in speed and acc. I use him as my "swing tackle" and my backup FB/3rd TE.(I try to only take 7 linemen into every game, starting 5 and a st and swing interior lineman).

He cant catch really but he blocks like a monster. I just dont start him on the line because of the 70 st. In 3 years he's developed into a solid 78 overall at rt now, 64 out 68 balanced fb and even worse at te overall wise. BUT HE BLOCKS. AND HE'S 6'5 305lbs!!!!!! He can catch sometimes with his 10 rating and he has no running moves to say the least. But at 90 speed and acc, it doesnt matter. He gets 3-5 yards if no one sees him getting the ball. He can even catch in the flats sometime and take that 10-20 yards.

He's just a fun backup to have cause he's a badass at special teams as well. Like he's always one of the first people on the kickoff team to the return man....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-23-2012, 12:02 AM   #6
MVP

OVR: 26

You'll see one of these player be announced as a Gamechanger, but you'll need to be looking at the ticker to know if it happens to a CPU team. They'll either show up in FA or on a roster.
Old 07-24-2012, 12:07 AM   #7
Pro

Xx 74 xX's Arena

OVR: 11

QB Brent Markovich is flat out awesome.
Old 07-26-2012, 05:25 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 0

I think I got one of those on the Zazzali path. I am looking for a OT and come across a 20 YO. 6'11" 365 lbs. He was rated about an 80 at the time. Potential of 87 i think. The kids run blocking numbers were great. I plug him in at RT and he becomes a league all-star. I check his numbers the next season and all his numbers are up. He is a bonifide stud. He was all-pro about 8 years in a row and league bes OL at least twice.

Definitely a great find.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »