Home

BCS conference invites?

This is a discussion on BCS conference invites? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-23-2012, 03:08 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
BCS conference invites?

I was wondering if you could still get invited to BCS conferences or if you have to take it upon yourself to put your team in a BCS conference. I would rather get an invite because it feels more real.

I won the National Championship with SMU after beating 5 number 1 ranked teams throughout the season. I beat Bama in W1, USC in W2, LSU in W3, FSU in W5, and Notre Dame in the Championship game. I think a team that beats 5 number 1 ranked teams deserves and invite to a BCS conference.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-23-2012, 03:12 PM   #2
Pro

Sdrawkcab321's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: BCS conference invites?

There are no invites this year. U have to put yourself in a different conference in the offseason
Old 07-23-2012, 03:14 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sdrawkcab321
There are no invites this year. U have to put yourself in a different conference in the offseason
That sucks : / Thanks for the answer.
Old 07-23-2012, 03:48 PM   #4
Pro

OVR: 1
Well damn. I was wanting to know this myself. But isn't SMU going to the Big East starting in 2013 anyways?
Old 07-23-2012, 04:42 PM   #5
Everyday is Faceurary!

dickey1331's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggiejerseys
Well damn. I was wanting to know this myself. But isn't SMU going to the Big East starting in 2013 anyways?
Yes they will be in the Big East in 2013.
NFL: Dallas Cowboys
NHL: Dallas Stars
NBA: Dallas Mavericks

I own a band check it out
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-24-2012, 03:22 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 13

Honesty I don't know why anyone would really want custom conference. It should be that you should be invited or expelled from a conference, not take it opon oneself to move just because one wants to be in the conference at that time.

At Alabama, our players don't win Heisman Trophies. Our teams win National Championships.-Bear Bryant
Old 07-24-2012, 03:30 PM   #7
MVP

MrArlingtonBeach's Arena

OVR: 11

I do miss the BCS conference invites, but I do like the ability to change the landscape as necessary on my own.

In NCAA 12, the Mountain West ended up becoming a pretty dominant force year in and year out. Boise State and/or Nevada would always end up managing to get into BCS bowl games. So I decided to make the MWC a BCS conference with the winner getting an automatic bid. The Big East completely fell off, so I took away their BCS status.

Being able to change things like that, or pulling a under-performing team out of a conference in and, in their place, putting one that's more worthy is actually kind of fun.
Old 07-24-2012, 03:49 PM   #8
The Designated Hitter

BA2929's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aranor
Honesty I don't know why anyone would really want custom conference. It should be that you should be invited or expelled from a conference, not take it opon oneself to move just because one wants to be in the conference at that time.
I just completely changed around every conference in the nation prior to starting my recent dynasty. Made Conference-USA a powerhouse.

Custom Conferences are the best thing to happen to the NCAA franchise in years, in my opinion.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »