Home

Madden NFL 13 Video Review (RateSports)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 13 Video Review (RateSports) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-27-2012, 06:03 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 0
Madden NFL 13 Video Review (RateSports)

I am considered by many to be a 2K/Natural Motion fanboy. All I really am is someone who wants simulation football.

Having said that, Madden NFL 13 truly delivers it. Check out my video review.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-27-2012, 06:05 PM   #2
Banned

Stampede_94's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: Madden NFL 13 Video Review (RateSports)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RateSports
I am considered by many to be a 2K/Natural Motion fanboy. All I really am is someone who wants simulation football.

Having said that, Madden NFL 13 truly delivers it. Check out my video review.

I needed this! Thank you!
Old 08-27-2012, 06:52 PM   #3
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

I think this was a very well done video review which I enjoyed watching and listening to, kudos. However, I disagree with your scores with the exception of graphics, which have been the best thing by far about next-gen Madden for years, imo.

I can't see rating any of that other stuff higher than a 7, maybe 6.5 because there is just too much left undone and even the positives seem incomplete. I don't understand a 9 out of 10 overall rating unless "10" is meant to be the best Madden to date, opposed to the best NFL football video game to date.

On my 10 point scale, the latter would be the pinnacle and Madden 13 doesn't seem like 1 point away from that, imo. Considering how games like The Show and NBA2k are using real time presentation, that alone makes the presentation in M13, seem archaic and a 6.5 at best, imo.

If I had to give an overall score using my 1-10 scale, at this point I would say M13 is a 7 at best due to graphics driving up the average. I don't see how it could get a rating much higher considering the issues with player movement, blocking representation including OL/DL, unpolished network broadcast presentation which is not being synced well as a compliment to commentary, AI, player ratings and a lack of User customization options.
Old 08-27-2012, 07:07 PM   #4
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
I think this was a very well done video review which I enjoyed watching and listening to, kudos. However, I disagree with your scores with the exception of graphics, which have been the best thing by far about next-gen Madden for years, imo.

I can't see rating any of that other stuff higher than a 7, maybe 6.5 because there is just too much left undone and even the positives seem incomplete. I don't understand a 9 out of 10 overall rating unless "10" is meant to be the best Madden to date, opposed to the best NFL football video game to date.

On my 10 point scale, the latter would be the pinnacle and Madden 13 doesn't seem like 1 point away from that, imo. Considering how games like The Show and NBA2k are using real time presentation, that alone makes the presentation in M13, seem archaic and a 6.5 at best, imo.

If I had to give an overall score using my 1-10 scale, at this point I would say M13 is a 7 at best due to graphics driving up the average. I don't see how it could get a rating much higher considering the issues with player movement, blocking representation including OL/DL, unpolished network broadcast presentation which is not being synced well as a compliment to commentary, AI, player ratings and a lack of User customization options.
Well said. My 10 scale is based on football video games (2K5 receiving a 10).
Old 08-27-2012, 07:18 PM   #5
MVP

PacMan3000's Arena

OVR: 11

Cool review. I enjoyed it.

But since you say you're a 2K5 fan, don't you feel Madden 13's presentation (I guess visual presentation as opposed to audio sounds/presentation) is quite lacking? I don't have the game yet, but I'm worried that the constant repeated cut-scenes post-play (and there only seems to be about 4 of them) will make the game get old far too quickly.

Not that we play sports games for cut-scenes, but to me, it's a factor when it comes to presentation and overall immersion.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-27-2012, 07:21 PM   #6
Banned

OVR: 10

This is laughable!!! Yes Madden has improved, but a 9/10 in gameplay? Are u serious? They can't even get a good pass interference for offense and defense properly yet, and the OL/DL is ok at times. We still missing NFL penalties. The challenge and replays system are a joke still. Really, consider what simulation football is not just Madden football. We do have other games in the past that did represent well. Madden is getting there, but it has a way too go.
Old 08-27-2012, 07:57 PM   #7
Rookie

TeamHawkins's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by adfletch71
This is laughable!!! Yes Madden has improved, but a 9/10 in gameplay? Are u serious? They can't even get a good pass interference for offense and defense properly yet, and the OL/DL is ok at times. We still missing NFL penalties. The challenge and replays system are a joke still. Really, consider what simulation football is not just Madden football. We do have other games in the past that did represent well. Madden is getting there, but it has a way too go.
He was suspect the moment he introduced himself as a 2K Fanboy. It's comical the way people do this in their posts to gain credibility. Just say if you like the game or not. And I agree a 9/10 is beyond ridiculous for a game that previously didn't deserve and is pretty much the same. When your O-line play is as terrible as ever and you have the same animations year after year a 9 is fantasy land for this game.
Old 08-27-2012, 08:16 PM   #8
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamHawkins
He was suspect the moment he introduced himself as a 2K Fanboy. It's comical the way people do this in their posts to gain credibility. Just say if you like the game or not. And I agree a 9/10 is beyond ridiculous for a game that previously didn't deserve and is pretty much the same. When your O-line play is as terrible as ever and you have the same animations year after year a 9 is fantasy land for this game.
Please look up what I have done for APF 2K8 and Backbreaker and then talk.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »