Home

Can't sim past September 5

This is a discussion on Can't sim past September 5 within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-04-2012, 11:00 PM   #1
Rookie

cibo2's Arena

OVR: 5
Can't sim past September 5

Is anybody else unable to sim past September 5th in their franchise? I'm doing a 30 team franchise and once i get to september 5th and try to sim to the next day the game freezes up, music stops and i have to manually turn of the system and upon restart the system says there was a problem and asks if i would like to report the issue to sony and then checks and restores system files.
Has this happened to anybody?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-04-2012, 11:16 PM   #2
Banned

yanksrule3's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by cibo2
Is anybody else unable to sim past September 5th in their franchise? I'm doing a 30 team franchise and once i get to september 5th and try to sim to the next day the game freezes up, music stops and i have to manually turn of the system and upon restart the system says there was a problem and asks if i would like to report the issue to sony and then checks and restores system files.
Hasn't happened to me and I do 30 team control

Sent from my SCH-I405 using Tapatalk 2
Old 09-05-2012, 10:00 AM   #3
Pro

dbacks_Nation's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Can't sim past September 5

Quote:
Yep, this happened to me.

What you need to do is delete your patch, sim past that date, then reinstall the patch.
Old 09-05-2012, 04:56 PM   #4
Rookie

cibo2's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbacks_Nation
Yep, this happened to me.

What you need to do is delete your patch, sim past that date, then reinstall the patch.
How do I do that?
Old 09-05-2012, 05:10 PM   #5
Rookie

cibo2's Arena

Under "Game Data" I deleted the MLB 12 the show additional content. It was 182 MB and said it was version 1.23. I assume this was the patch. I deleted it, reinstalled it and the game still freezes when I try to advance past September 5th.
Any other ideas? Do I have to delete the game data AND the patch and reinstall both? This is so frustrating, I've played every single game of this franchise and now it might all be for nothing.

Edit: WOW I just reread what dbacks_Nation said and I reinstalled the patch and THEN tried to sim past 9/5. I'll give reinstalling after I sim past a try.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-06-2012, 05:20 AM   #6
Pro

dbacks_Nation's Arena

Quote:
Under "Game Data" I deleted the MLB 12 the show additional content. It was 182 MB and said it was version 1.23. I assume this was the patch. I deleted it, reinstalled it and the game still freezes when I try to advance past September 5th.
Any other ideas? Do I have to delete the game data AND the patch and reinstall both? This is so frustrating, I've played every single game of this franchise and now it might all be for nothing.

Edit: WOW I just reread what dbacks_Nation said and I reinstalled the patch and THEN tried to sim past 9/5. I'll give reinstalling after I sim past a try.
I tried to reinstall the patch and sim, still froze. Only time it worked was when I simmed past that date with no patch.

I like you had played all games up to that point, I was raging pretty hard up until I found a workaround.

Good luck!
Old 09-07-2012, 05:44 AM   #7
Pro

dbacks_Nation's Arena

Did ya get it fixed?
Old 09-07-2012, 10:06 AM   #8
Rookie

Thanks dbacks! I was having the same problem and your solution worked.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »