Home

Madden 13 Lowering Troops Morale

This is a discussion on Madden 13 Lowering Troops Morale within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 09-06-2012, 06:02 AM   #1
MVP

CT Pitbull's Arena

OVR: 9
Madden 13 Lowering Troops Morale

i saw this on the EA madden 13 facebook page and if there was ever a reason to patch back in features THIS IS IT....

EA, my name is Sergeant Kevin D. Walker, I'm in the U.S. Army, myself, and a lot of my guys have lived off of madden over the years while deployed, we can't play online because the Internet is not strong enough, we all play the franchise mode, 32 soldiers playing against each other in the offline franchise, it's a great thing, you took away what we look forward to when we get off mission, I know I went on a rant before, I apologize, this may seem small to you, but it saves our morale while gone, is there anyway you can bring it back for the troops?

i believe this is a great game this year but i feel for these guys who were depending on this as "a little piece of home" to escape even for an hour to get their mind off of the danger they are in over there

Last edited by CT Pitbull; 09-06-2012 at 06:13 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-06-2012, 06:06 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Madden 13 Lowering Troops Morale

If they had time to make it possible for this year, it would of been in the game at release.

Focus has shifted to M14 now, and unless you want a crappy M14 with little additions, that's how it should be.

Edit: just to add to this, Madden 07 was the first next gen console, so this was when Franchise was built for the first time for the new systems (there was a pre existing franchise but obviously for a different system, it needs to be built from scratch) ...much like CCM is brand new and had to be built from scratch.

From Wiki;

The Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 version also did not allow the player to edit the players appearance or attributes or change the numbers on their jerseys, but the Wii version and PlayStation 2 version did. Though, the Xbox 360 version did allow one to create a player. The franchise mode is not as deep as the previous generation versions, as Owner Mode is not present. Fantasy Draft and Two-Player co-operative play are missing as well. Also this game would be the last appearance of the NFL Europe teams in the Xbox version, next gen games came without the league teams.

You couldn't edit, you couldn't have fantasy drafts, you could have two player co-op. Sound familiar?

There just isn't time in the 1 year dev cycle to build all this in. But next year, that will be there focus.

Last edited by IWWROCKS; 09-06-2012 at 06:11 AM.
Old 09-06-2012, 06:18 AM   #3
MVP

CT Pitbull's Arena

OVR: 9

yea i know the reality that its NOT gonna happen this year. i just thought seeing this was interesting and really points out how many people used and loved the "old" features. i have confidence in the Madden Dev Team now for the first time in a long time. I truly believe we will have everything back in the years to come.
Old 09-06-2012, 06:32 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 0

Yeah there's no doubt.

If you look at what I said above regarding 07, it basically missed all the features 13 has missed.

Then look at Madden 08;

Returning features
A number of features missing from the first two next-generation versions of Madden return in Madden 08. These include Owner Mode, fantasy draft, roster-editing, and cooperative play-New, however, to the Xbox 360.

So it all came back. It's all just about what they can do in the year that they have to develop the game. When building a brand new franchise from the ground, that's not everything.
Old 09-06-2012, 06:40 AM   #5
Pro

rooney8's Arena

OVR: 16

I think co-op franchise offline are history in Madden. If you want that you have to go online and that's how they want it. Josh Looman said CC is a success because so many more are playing online rather than off.
Madden is very much following in Fifa's footsteps and they got rid of co-op offline when they revamped career mode and it's still not there 3 years later.
I don't play NHL but is offline co-op in that?

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-06-2012, 06:44 AM   #6
Franchise Streamer

Millennium's Arena

OVR: 46

There has been a ton of talk on this topic (not the troops, but the Connected Career).

Using one person's post on Facebook (BTW - his first "rant" was much more expletive and unnecessary, but I noticed that isn't posted here) to fuel your agenda will not fly.

Locked.

My Twitter
My Twitch Channel!
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »