Home

Mom and Pop Shops..........

This is a discussion on Mom and Pop Shops.......... within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 09-15-2012, 05:53 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Mom and Pop Shops..........

So, i'm gonna try and see if i can get this game early from a mom and pop shop. the thing is though, how do y'all find them? i live near a city with a population of nearly 1 million people, so it shouldn't be too hard, right?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-15-2012, 06:03 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 12
Re: Mom and Pop Shops..........

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoGetta408
So, i'm gonna try and see if i can get this game early from a mom and pop shop. the thing is though, how do y'all find them? i live near a city with a population of nearly 1 million people, so it shouldn't be too hard, right?
Yellow pages? I live in a city of approx 1m people and there's only one "mom n pop shop"
Its really a small franchise of video stores known as jumbo video/microplay. You can find their listing in the yellow pages.

Don't forget about google. Good Luck
Old 09-15-2012, 06:07 PM   #3
2014 Dodgeball Champion.

almostbobsaget's Arena

OVR: 2

I feel like lots of local stores have become more knowledgeable of street dates and the fines associated with them.

Basically, what I'm saying is if you get it early, good for you, but for the sake of the uniformed local store that didn't necessarily sell you the copy when they were supposed to (and can face hefty fines), I wouldn't advertise where you purchased it on social media sites.
Old 09-15-2012, 06:14 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2k10Fonzarelli
Yellow pages? I live in a city of approx 1m people and there's only one "mom n pop shop"
Its really a small franchise of video stores known as jumbo video/microplay. You can find their listing in the yellow pages.

Don't forget about google. Good Luck

thanks for the advise. have you had any luck from that shop?
Old 09-15-2012, 06:18 PM   #5
Pro

It's nothing a savvy store clerk has to worry about. If one were to take payment before hand and keep it aside without processing it through the system until Tuesday, no one knows any different.

Plus, bribes usually help too if the clerk is slightly reserved about the whole thing.
Old 09-15-2012, 06:27 PM   #6
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoGetta408
thanks for the advise. have you had any luck from that shop?
I used to work there so I'm Microplay alumni, I get along with everyone who still works there quite well. I currently have one of the clerks planning to call me ASA it comes in. I expect to hear from her on the30th of the month, but possibly as soon as the 25th.

Fingers crossed. I spend a lot of time convincing the boss that 2k basketball is as important to stock as madden and NHL.

On a related note, in Ottawa mom n pop shops do not last long at all. In the Halo2 days there were maybe a half dozen, now there's nearly none.

Check ice cream stores and convenience stores that stock DVDs. There was an ice cream shop that had a brief lifespan who sold video games with no regard for street date
Old 09-15-2012, 06:47 PM   #7
Banned

OVR: 3

i dont think the games have even been shipped out yet for stores to hold.
Old 09-15-2012, 06:48 PM   #8
All Star

Sinner's Arena

OVR: 13

There aren't any small gaming stores around my area anymore and it sucks....had a friend that owned one close to me and he used to let me get the games a week or 2 ahead of time, I never told anyone but loved getting games a little early.He closed his store about 6 years ago and went to Gamestop.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »