Home

Is anybody playing on SS?

This is a discussion on Is anybody playing on SS? within the EA Sports NHL Last Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy > EA Sports NHL Last Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-25-2012, 05:18 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 12
Is anybody playing on SS?

I see almost everybody playing on All-Star. Is anyone playing on SS? I feel like on AS, I can enter the CPU's zone way too easy and controlling the play is also too easy on AS. Maybe upping CPU Difficulty will fix it.

Also, as a side note, on Attribute Effect, does anyone remember how it works? There was a post about it a long time ago, but I can't find it and I know Redshirt posted about it.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-25-2012, 06:06 AM   #2
Pro

Taku's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Is anybody playing on SS?

I tried SS yesterday briefly but pretty much with my AS sliders. Cpu was very aggressive and my guys were down on the ice all the time. I will test it again and start by taking away their hitting power.
Old 09-25-2012, 06:12 AM   #3
Pro

Taku's Arena

Someone tested attribute effect slider last year and I think at 4 the very high ratings get a boost and at 6 all good ratings(like 84+) get a boost. At slider 3 ratings are untouched.
Old 09-25-2012, 06:14 AM   #4
Pro

Taku's Arena

Also player type plays a role, grinder and scorer get different ratings boosted.
Old 09-25-2012, 07:48 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 0

I play on SS. I agree with the OP, on All-Star I just feel like I'm not being tested as much as I should be. I have some good sliders which I'll post when I get a chance.

Basically, it requires me to be fully concentrating the whole time. I played a game last night and during the first period I was going through the motions a little while talking to my wife. I was 3-0 down after the first. I then knuckled down and really concentrated, shored up my defence and pressured in the opposition and got it back to 3-2 only to allow a last-minute empty-netter. It was a really good game in the end.

From memory, I'm on 10min games

Game speed 2
Att effects 3
Fatigue 5
Recovery 2
Injuries 3

Pass accuracy and reception both 0
Pass assist 3

The only major difference is in the shooting accuracy, where I have the CPU at 0.

The shots are generally in the high 20s with two or three penalties each. I'll post the sliders later when I get a chance (at work now).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-25-2012, 09:15 AM   #6
Pro

Taku's Arena

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...post2041941902

There's an old test made by Al_Tito13 for nhl11, according to that 85 rating drops when putting the attribute effects slider to maximum. According to those numbers only reasonable slider settings in my opinion are 3&4.

Some of those results are weird though, Ryan Smyth's slap shot power drops doesn't matter which way slider has been put from the middle...

edit: Also I'm pretty sure that there is a cap of 99 for all ratings and when skater ratings for some fast player are already at 95 and they go to 99 with attribute effects slider at 4, then slider setting at 6 doesn't boost them anymore and skaters with ratings of 90 also raise to that 99 level and 85 skaters possibly get worse.

I think that attribute effects slider is not very good idea, better way to make this kind of attribute "separation" system would be to make 1 slider for every attribute with 2 "movable" ends. It would look like this:

------------X=========X--------------

Now for example skating speed as a whole could be raised by increasing that whole bar by moving it to the right and another thing which could be done with that slider bar that you could stretch it out to make more separation between skaters. It would be possible to decrease bad skaters ratings by moving the left end to the left or increase good skaters ratings by moving the right end to the right. Now if players attributes would be tied into % of that adjustable bar this would work, attribute limits of 36-99 should be removed though...

Last edited by Taku; 09-25-2012 at 09:40 AM.
Old 09-25-2012, 09:50 AM   #7
MVP

Al_Tito13's Arena

OVR: 13

I re-did a better test last year for the attribute effects slider and here is the link:

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...post2042849612

In fact, last year's results are way more accurate and complete, because I took only one player and changed only his shot power attribute instead of taking different players. Because there are many attributes that affect shot speeds like strength for example, always taking the same player is the way to go.

So, my conclusion of the test was:

With attribute effects at 4, attributes of 76 and above are increased while attributes of 75 and lower are decreased.

With attribute effects at 5, attributes of 85 and above are increased while attributes of 84 and lower are decreased.

With attribute effects at 6, attributes of 88 and above are increased while attributes of 87 and lower are decreased.

The difference between attributes of 99 and 90 is the most important with effect set at 3 while difference between 90 and 80 is the most important with effect at 6.

Attribute effects at 4 seems not to be a good option since almost every rating is improved. So, the logical choices seem to be 3, 5 or 6. It's your call.

Last edited by Al_Tito13; 09-25-2012 at 10:05 AM.
Old 09-25-2012, 01:30 PM   #8
Pro

Taku's Arena

I disagree. I think its stupid that rating of 85 which is pretty high gets decreased with slider at 6, also ratings 92+ will all go to almost maximum. Also slider 5 punishes rating 84 and below which i dont like either.

Slider at 4 increases ratings around 80 just a little, dont think its even noticeable in game. But the boost increases all the way up and rating 95 is the winner and seems like it changes to 97 or 98. So 3 or 4 for me.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy > EA Sports NHL Last Gen Sliders »