Home

Madden NFL 13 - The Little Things

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 13 - The Little Things within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-02-2012, 09:50 AM   #1
Pro

EmmdotFrisk's Arena

OVR: 6
Madden NFL 13 - The Little Things

It has been said by Taz, Illustrator, Big FN Deal and more that there is an incredible lack of attention to detail and the little things in Madden.

I would like to hear from all of you the "little things" in the NFL that you would like to see in Madden as well as thoughts on where we fail to pay attention to details.

Yes I have read the boards and yes I have my own examples but the key is to hear from all of you in one thread.

Thanks to Big FN Deal for the idea to start this thread.

Thanks and let me know if you have questions. I will be following along.

Quote:
Originally Posted by N51_Rob
EVERYONE READ!!!!!!!!!

I want to make sure everyone understands this. This is not a thread to bitch, moan, whine, complain and cry about Madden. The EA Community Manager is soliciting our feedback. Post that don't meet that criteria will be dealt with. Poster's who think this is a chance to take shots at EA, Madden or EmmdotFrisk will also be dealt with. Lastly, this IS NOT an EA vs 2K thread. Keep this thread on topic and it may provide some valuable feedback. This is the warning for everyone. Be smart or be gone.

Last edited by N51_rob; 10-02-2012 at 11:11 AM. Reason: Adding some "rules"
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-02-2012, 10:08 AM   #2
MVP

therizing02's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Attention to detail and the "little things" in the Madden franchise.

Thanks for starting the thread. I guess I'll start with a few things that drive me absolutely insane about this game:

In Madden 11 prior to the patch I could assign a custom playbook to the CPU and it would get used. Since the Madden 11 patch I have been unable to do that. Why?

Why can I only see that last few seconds of a replay? It was like this when M12 was released and it was fixed after the patch. M13 is released and it doesn't work...again!

I cannot STAND the over abundance of World Wrestling Federation tackles in the game. They have been there forever, they might happen once a year in the NFL. The standing shoulder charge that sends a RB head over heels and others are just painful to watch.

Why after all of these years do we occasionally still have WRs warping back 6 yards towards the line of scrimmage to catch curl route?

Why has the dev team after all of these years REFUSED to add more variables to the programming section that decides the CPU play calls?

How come no one at EA has EVER actually stated what effect the sliders have on the game? No, it's not as simple as how they are labeled.
Old 10-02-2012, 10:11 AM   #3
Banned

OVR: 0
Formation/ situation subs please and thank you
Old 10-02-2012, 10:11 AM   #4
Pro

EmmdotFrisk's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by therizing02
Thanks for starting the thread. I guess I'll start with a few things that drive me absolutely insane about this game:

In Madden 11 prior to the patch I could assign a custom playbook to the CPU and it would get used. Since the Madden 11 patch I have been unable to do that. Why?

Why can I only see that last few seconds of a replay? It was like this when M12 was released and it was fixed after the patch. M13 is released and it doesn't work...again!

I cannot STAND the over abundance of World Wrestling Federation tackles in the game. They have been there forever, they might happen once a year in the NFL. The standing shoulder charge that sends a RB head over heels and others are just painful to watch.

Why after all of these years do we occasionally still have WRs warping back 6 yards towards the line of scrimmage to catch curl route?

Why has the dev team after all of these years REFUSED to add more variables to the programming section that decides the CPU play calls?

How come no one at EA has EVER actually stated what effect the sliders have on the game? No, it's not as simple as how they are labeled.
Not only assigning a specific playbook, but assigning custom strategy to that team (run/pass, defend run/pass, subs frequency, etc.
Old 10-02-2012, 10:13 AM   #5
Pro

EmmdotFrisk's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRchamp12
Formation/ situation subs please and thank you
I put up an idea on this on the game changer idea site about an enhanced depth chart. This in conjunction with a situation ideally would do the trick. In combination with NCAA style formation subs and the current formation subs on the fly, do you think that would do the trick?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-02-2012, 10:15 AM   #6
MVP

Hova57's Arena

OVR: 31

Little things for me would include..

Ability for ballrunner to put hand on back of blocker to guide them into block.
this might not be little but no huddle need revamped need to take NCAA programming on no huddle where the playbook appears instead of hot routing all recievers

Ability to see players name on defense when your on O

Dlineman jump to block pass more often

User Strip needs to be better not work all the time but aleast work on qb back shots.
fix tackle where LB or DE lunges at rb and pops him sideways 5 yards

fix the slow mo spin off a tackle
two gunners on each side during punt returns

Last edited by Hova57; 10-02-2012 at 10:17 AM.
Old 10-02-2012, 10:17 AM   #7
Pro

EmmdotFrisk's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hova57
Little things for me would include..

Ability for ballrunner to put hand on back of blocker to guide them into block.
this might not be little but no huddle need revamped need to take NCAA programming on no huddle where the playbook appears instead of hot routing all recievers

Ability to see players name on defense when your on O

Dlineman jump to block pass more often

User Strip needs to be better not work all the time but aleast work on qb back shots.
fix tackle where LB or DE lunges at rb and pops him sideways 5 yards

Do you think being able to see all players when bringing up coach cam would suffice or would it have to be without user input?

I have heard that last years user strip was too easy, this year it is too hard. Would a happy medium be ok?
Old 10-02-2012, 10:19 AM   #8
MVP

Hova57's Arena

OVR: 31

Yes to both Emmo , I'm not difficult def a happy medium ...user strip was too easy last year, but tackles from behind or qb sack from behind where player goes for ball and tackle if you do that now you just sack them or they break out which is fine ..like you said happy medium

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »