Home

Won the 2K tournament at Gamestop.

This is a discussion on Won the 2K tournament at Gamestop. within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-02-2012, 08:10 PM   #1
Rookie

txboifrozt's Arena

OVR: 1
Won the 2K tournament at Gamestop.

So last night my Gamestop had a 2K tournament before the game was released, whoever got first place would get the game free (Or refund) and whoever got second place was suppose to get a gift card.

A lot of people showed up to play and didn't even buy the game but they were there to win it. Well i ended up winning it the last game was really close 29-30 as we only get to play one half.

I ended up winning the tournament after 2 hours of playing and waiting, just to get a FREE 1 YEAR WARRANTY on the game and the second place guy didn't get anything lol.....

What a horrible tournament that was and being lied too. The best part about of it all was i was able to be first in line to get the game. Gamestop has lost my business i will no longer go there.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-02-2012, 08:15 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: Won the 2K tournament at Gamestop.

They didn't even give you the game for free??
Old 10-02-2012, 08:16 PM   #3
MVP

JasonWilliams55's Arena

OVR: 0

Would've turned around after winning and canceled my pre-order and taken my money back for not living up to their word. Also would've told them that I am never coming back and am going to tell everyone I know how shady they are for doing some crap like that. Just another notch in my book never to go to GameCrap.

I've seen this happen 4 years ago at a GameCrap, they refused to give this guy his free game (Madden 08) for winning the tourney.
Old 10-02-2012, 08:23 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 9

Gamestop is a rip off, go to Play N Trade if you want a tourney.
Old 10-02-2012, 09:03 PM   #5
Rookie

txboifrozt's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by basehead617
They didn't even give you the game for free??
Nope just a sorry 1 year warranty that you can buy for 3$.....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-02-2012, 09:15 PM   #6
Rookie

txboifrozt's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonWilliams55
Would've turned around after winning and canceled my pre-order and taken my money back for not living up to their word. Also would've told them that I am never coming back and am going to tell everyone I know how shady they are for doing some crap like that. Just another notch in my book never to go to GameCrap.

I've seen this happen 4 years ago at a GameCrap, they refused to give this guy his free game (Madden 08) for winning the tourney.
Even though there were some cool people there (The Gamers) i completely wasted 2 hours for nothing. Since i won the tournament the manager let me be first in line to get the game, well the one worker was like you don't have a finalized receipt, i was like dude what are you talking about i just paid the game off a few hours ago here's my receipt he then replied it doesn't have a mark on it with a marker.

He was like you are making these people mad (Those that JUST showed up at midnight) for me holding up the line. When all he needed to do was just mark the receipt with a freaking marker.

I was then about ready to tell him "Dude, if you want to get smart get on the game and show me something and i'll embarrass you right now" but did not want to start a controversy.
Old 10-02-2012, 09:15 PM   #7
MVP

cardinalbird5's Arena

OVR: 13

Did they actually say the winner was getting a free copy. I worked there like 3 years ago and had a few tourney's, but we were never allowed to give out free copies. I also remember doing NCAA Football tourneys and never getting anything.

Granted I really don't like the store, some people can exaggerate on the matter. It always annoyed me how people complained about the trade in prices when they simply don't have to trade their games in.

I went to pick it up last night and there was only one other guy there to get 2k so I am surprised yours even had a tourney. The store was full of RE6 nerds though and I felt really awkward there just to get a sports game.
Old 10-02-2012, 09:24 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 0

Game stop is def a bunch of liars when it comes to a tourney. They promote great prizes and never hand them out. I went to a madden one before and my boy made it to 3rd place was suppose to get a gift card and never did i think the first place guy got a free shirt was suppose to get the game free lol they always lie

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »