Home

Could this be the last NBA 2K with Legends?

This is a discussion on Could this be the last NBA 2K with Legends? within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-05-2012, 08:02 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Could this be the last NBA 2K with Legends?

I'm having so much fun with 2K13 so far, stars play like stars, I can actually make high quality Jordans shoes. LOVE the SIG SKILLS, I wonder if this is it for the legends especially MJ. If so I'm glad 2k13 at least gives us full editing for the classic team. I probably won't buy another 2k game unless legends and teams are in.....espcially MJ. If not, Thanks for the 3 Year ride 2k. (Finally got live out my fantasy of playing with MJ on a current gen system).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-05-2012, 08:08 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 26
Re: Could this be the last NBA 2K with Legends?

Seeing how little attention they got this year, it wouldn't surprise me. Then again, if the cost of having legends on the roster isn't as high as I think it is, they might keep them on the roster like how they used to have the classic decades teams. I just wouldn't expect them to get highly advertised or have many more legends added, which is fine because I don't know how much more they could do with legends.
Old 10-05-2012, 08:15 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by _-King-_
Seeing how little attention they got this year, it wouldn't surprise me. Then again, if the cost of having legends on the roster isn't as high as I think it is, they might keep them on the roster like how they used to have the classic decades teams. I just wouldn't expect them to get highly advertised or have many more legends added, which is fine because I don't know how much more they could do with legends.
Keeping my fingers crossed....hope for the best, I know MJ demands more than anybody, because he is his own brand and a cash cow. I hope 2K renew his contract and everybody else..
Old 10-05-2012, 08:29 PM   #4
MVP

blklightning's Arena

OVR: 9

I'll never buy the game again if that happens. I'm not a huge basketball fan anymore, but back in the Jordan era I was pretty into it. So without that nostalgic aspect, the game doesn't have enough for me to buy it again. I mean, if 2k13 has Jordan and 2K14 doesn't, then 2K14 is inferior. It simply can't be any other way.

3 points for graphics, 1 point for the passable commentary, and a half point for the boxart. I can give no further points since the all over the place gameplay would ruin it anyway.
Old 10-05-2012, 08:33 PM   #5
Pro

OVR: 3

I hope we hear some good news next year, but, on the other side, I think the tendency if for 2k to maintain the all decades teams at most.
Seriously, keeping all these legendary players around must be a headache for 2K. I don`t think they are intending to keep the old school players around for some time anymore. They have already focused on today`s stars.
This may be a message.
I haven`t bought the game yet and I`m confused: I only play 2K games because of the legendary players. Since in this year`s version there are huge losses like Webber, Jabbah, Dr. J, no exporting teams etc, is it still worth to get it?
A second and last question: is the create a player deeper this year? Last year I couldn`t create a white player like Tom Chambers because no matter what I tried he didn`t look like the real one.
If you can answer these questions, I`ll appreciatte it.
Thanks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-05-2012, 08:34 PM   #6
MVP

MarvinOida's Arena

OVR: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by alecast
I hope we hear some good news next year, but, on the other side, I think the tendency if for 2k to maintain the all decades teams at most.
Seriously, keeping all these legendary players around must be a headache for 2K. I don`t think they are intending to keep the old school players around for some time anymore. They have already focused on today`s stars.
This may be a message.
I haven`t bought the game yet and I`m confused: I only play 2K games because of the legendary players. Since in this year`s version there are huge losses like Webber, Jabbah, Dr. J, no exporting teams etc, is it still worth to get it?
A second and last question: is the create a player deeper this year? Last year I couldn`t create a white player like Tom Chambers because no matter what I tried he didn`t look like the real one.
If you can answer theses questions, I`ll appreciatte it.
Thanks.
CAP looks the same but the Buzz haircut (like Jeremy Lin and Yao Ming) look more realistic, everything else, the same.... Idk if Head Rhino is back, can someone confirm its not?

Gameplay wise, AND feature wise it's worth it.... The only thing missing is fixing the bugs, Home/Away versions of Shoe Creations, Multiple MyCareers, and a more expandable Custom Creation experience in Player and Team Creation.
Old 10-05-2012, 09:17 PM   #7
Rookie

BlackJack_Williams's Arena

OVR: 7

I didn't plan on getting it but I played it for the first time today. First game, I played as the 00-01 sixers and it felt amazing. Especially tearing it up with A.I. The game is so smooth, I've never been big on classic teams but I don't know, it was pretty dang on cool. If they keep building on this, that would be a great thing.
Playing right now: Rocket League
Games Looking forward to: Moving to PS4 lol
Old 10-05-2012, 09:25 PM   #8
MVP

Sellaz32's Arena

OVR: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pristy
I'm having so much fun with 2K13 so far, stars play like stars, I can actually make high quality Jordans shoes. LOVE the SIG SKILLS, I wonder if this is it for the legends especially MJ. If so I'm glad 2k13 at least gives us full editing for the classic team. I probably won't buy another 2k game unless legends and teams are in.....espcially MJ. If not, Thanks for the 3 Year ride 2k. (Finally got live out my fantasy of playing with MJ on a current gen system).
I think last year's legends push was a business decision to offset the lockout. If they were going to build on the great foundation from last year, it would have been no sweat to include more legend teams, even if it were more current ones. Also editing of classic teams is irrelevant without the exporting option. So I say this year is it...

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »