Home

BrianU's PES 2013 Team Tactics sliders

This is a discussion on BrianU's PES 2013 Team Tactics sliders within the eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-07-2012, 04:03 PM   #1
MVP

BrianU's Arena

OVR: 2
BrianU's PES 2013 Team Tactics sliders

I made the decision in choosing PES over FIFA after reading the impressions thread here for PES, as well as having a bad experience with FIFA 12 and I have been pretty happy with my choice.

One area I really like in PES is how you can set team tactics for every single team individually unlike in FIFA where your limited to making 20 sets of tactics and assigning them to the 150+ teams. In testing the team tactic sliders they seem to really impact the gameplay so I have begun working on ideas how to best differentiate the teams, as well as improve the gameplay. I play on the 360 version so I am limited in what I can do, no gameplay patches or global edits for me, but I still prefer this game out of the box over FIFA.

I made a post at another PES forum since this one seems pretty inactive, but I wanted to share it with you and hope you can give me feedback over my ideas.

http://forums.onlyproevolutions.com/...&t=812&p=12248

I am still testing things and nothing is set in stone but that post is updated with whatever I am using at the moment. My biggest focus right now is the Defensive Line and Compactness settings. I do not watch much football so I am not sure how my numbers represent realism, I would like feedback on that to create a realistic width and length of the pitch.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-08-2012, 10:38 AM   #2
MVP

lnin0's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: BrianU's PES 2013 Team Tactics sliders

Yeah, saw you posts over at OP. Good stuff. Hopefully these team tactics be added through an option file. I know some people may not want someone else's adjustments but I think a lot would and would love having it all wrapped up in an easy install.

I too jumped from long time FIFA player to PES. While both games are not perfect I do get a much better feel for different play styles in PES. Some teams back passing slowly working the ball, some pushing hard, some dinking long balls into the open. Really enjoying the game.
Old 10-10-2012, 07:04 PM   #3
Chillin

RoyceDa59's Arena

OVR: 10

This is a good article Brian, I may try and post some screenshots of some of the team tactics I did here if you don't mind.
Old 10-11-2012, 02:43 PM   #4
MVP

BrianU's Arena

go for it!
Old 10-13-2012, 04:24 PM   #5
Rookie

Randiesel75's Arena

OVR: 15

Anyone test these and have feedback?

I need to do something soon, tired of seeing the AI lobbing it deep to an attacker on a consistent basis. I want to see more possession and build-up play.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-24-2012, 06:13 AM   #6

dubcity's Arena

I'm not sure if it's a post-patch thing or what, but I'm having serious issues getting the CPU to play tactically on Top Player or (to a somewhat lesser extent) Superstar. I set up all of the EPL teams with sliders.

I just played two 20 minute matches. Both times I played as Arsenal against Swansea City. First time on Top Player, then on Superstar.

On Top Player, Swansea played constant quick counter, and borderline all-out attack. At times an attacker would be all by himself, with 3-4 defenders surrounding him in his area, and he'd still be running ahead all alone. I ended up losing 0-1, and was outshot 12-4, even though I dominated possession something like 65-35. I played some serious possession ball, which I enjoy. They didn't.

On Superstar they seemed to play a bit more to tactics. More back passes, more patience. Still, felt like they were playing quicker counter most of the time. Possession was around 55-45 in my favor, and I outshot them 19-12. Final score was 2-2.

I still think these sliders are great, and they do increase the gameplay gap further in favor of PES over FIFA, but I'm curious if the patch may have nullified a bit of their effectiveness.
Old 10-24-2012, 03:15 PM   #7
Hall Of Fame

p_rushing's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubcity
I'm not sure if it's a post-patch thing or what, but I'm having serious issues getting the CPU to play tactically on Top Player or (to a somewhat lesser extent) Superstar. I set up all of the EPL teams with sliders.

I just played two 20 minute matches. Both times I played as Arsenal against Swansea City. First time on Top Player, then on Superstar.

On Top Player, Swansea played constant quick counter, and borderline all-out attack. At times an attacker would be all by himself, with 3-4 defenders surrounding him in his area, and he'd still be running ahead all alone. I ended up losing 0-1, and was outshot 12-4, even though I dominated possession something like 65-35. I played some serious possession ball, which I enjoy. They didn't.

On Superstar they seemed to play a bit more to tactics. More back passes, more patience. Still, felt like they were playing quicker counter most of the time. Possession was around 55-45 in my favor, and I outshot them 19-12. Final score was 2-2.

I still think these sliders are great, and they do increase the gameplay gap further in favor of PES over FIFA, but I'm curious if the patch may have nullified a bit of their effectiveness.
Check Matt10's post here also, it has some updates you can make. I think I saw you aren't playing on PC though, so not sure if you can make the same updates.
Old 10-24-2012, 08:57 PM   #8
MVP

BrianU's Arena

I haven't played much been into Madden but I did hear the Patch screwed up gameplay. I recommend deleting the patch it honestly doesnt add anything vital if you just play Offline and care about offline vs CPU

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer »