Home

This game is trash compared to last years...

This is a discussion on This game is trash compared to last years... within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 10-26-2012, 01:12 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 0
This game is trash compared to last years...

I got this game because I play it online exclusively. I don't have time to play a franchise and it is very boring to play against the cpu. Anyway, ff you think that this game is an improvement on last years game or even just as good, you are mistakenly wrong. I mean it's obvious this game just is very clumsy and ugly with some of it's gameplay.

Here is a list of the things that irritate me:

1.) Animations - There isn't enough variety of layups that can be performed like last years game. When derrick rose or westbrook is one on one with a player on a fast break, there should either be a foul by the opposing player or an easy layup. I don't want to see magnets attract and just see an animation that halts a player dribbling at full speed with no foul called. Also, the down low no look/reverse layups by 7 foot centers need to stop. It's just very unrealistic and ugly to watch sometimes. Everything just seems very slow and dumbed down to the point where the game was simplified from last years.

2.) AI - Everytime I try to penetrate on the wing there is always a cluster of my own teammates just randomly running around in the paint or my center is spotting up at the 3 point line.

3.) Dribble Stick - I'm honestly not racist at all but this feature almost seems intended for black people to go out and buy this game. The moves that you can pull off are nowhere near as attractive or effective as last years game.

4.) Soundtrack - Outdated

More things that are dumb about this game:
-Speed of game
-Dunk meter
-Stamina for 5 min games
-Lack of creative ways of scoring
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-26-2012, 01:21 PM   #2
Rookie

CribbsStyle's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: This game is trash compared to last years...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmart10
3.) Dribble Stick - I'm honestly not racist at all but this feature almost seems intended for black people to go out and buy this game. The moves that you can pull off are nowhere near as attractive or effective as last years game.
WTF....why would this feature be for black people?

Also along those same lines, any features for us white people?

This has got to be one of the dumbest things someone has said about a video game...
Old 10-26-2012, 01:23 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 0

Regardless that's how I feel...this game is still a piece of garbage though.
Old 10-26-2012, 01:25 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 20

Quote:
I got this game because I play it online exclusively. I don't have time to play a franchise and it is very boring to play against the cpu. Anyway, ff you think that this game is an improvement on last years game or even just as good, you are mistakenly wrong. I mean it's obvious this game just is very clumsy and ugly with some of it's gameplay.

1.) Animations - There isn't enough variety of layups that can be performed like last years game. When derrick rose or westbrook is one on one with a player on a fast break, there should either be a foul by the opposing player or an easy layup. I don't want to see magnets attract and just see an animation that halts a player dribbling at full speed with no foul called. Also, the down low no look/reverse layups by 7 foot centers need to stop. It's just very unrealistic and ugly to watch sometimes. Everything just seems very slow and dumbed down to the point where the game was simplified from last years.

2.) AI - Everytime I try to penetrate on the wing there is always a cluster of my own teammates just randomly running around in the paint or my center is spotting up at the 3 point line.

-Speed of game
-Dunk meter
-Stamina for 5 min games
This is ludicrous. Dribble stick is for black people? What in the heck are you talking about?
Old 10-26-2012, 01:27 PM   #5
Rookie

Zeppelin8's Arena

OVR: 8

Troll written all over it. With a pinch of racism. Since black athletes are far superior, therefore white people should be better sports gamers. Hilarious to say the least.

Still want to add that I'm white and still new controls have been tremendous help, I have a much bigger arsenal this year and enjoy the game more.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-26-2012, 01:28 PM   #6
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65

Ridiculous
Old 10-26-2012, 01:28 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 18

Quote:

-Speed of game
-Dunk meter
-Stamina for 5 min games
You could of just posted your thoughts in the impressions thread. Could you elaborate on the dribble stick and black people comment. It can help clarify what you actually meant and to not get banned for such comments.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »