Home

How many people buy VC for online?

This is a discussion on How many people buy VC for online? within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-04-2012, 09:50 AM   #1
Pro

OVR: 1
How many people buy VC for online?

I only started playing online blacktop recently.

I've found it can be really fun or really awful depending on matchup. It's pretty common to end up in a 3 on 3 where there are two guys who just shoot everytime they get the ball (and they are the inbounder for some reason), and it's miserable.

One thing I've really noticed is that there are a lot of players with STAR quality myplayers who are awful, just awful. They don't play D, their timing is terrible and they mostly just shoot contested fallaway 3s (which while of course they make more than is realistic they still miss a lot of them).

Given how much work it has taken me to just get my myplayer to 75 overall (and that includes playing lots of online and offline blacktop as well as myCareer games with 10 minute quarters), I have to think most of these guys have bought their players.

Is it really that common? How much does it cost in really money to get a myplayer to STAR level?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-04-2012, 09:52 AM   #2
Banned

LucasWVU's Arena

OVR: 7
I have spent $15 on mine, and there is still a bunch of stuff I still want.
Old 11-04-2012, 11:29 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: How many people buy VC for online?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erithtotl
I only started playing online blacktop recently.

I've found it can be really fun or really awful depending on matchup. It's pretty common to end up in a 3 on 3 where there are two guys who just shoot everytime they get the ball (and they are the inbounder for some reason), and it's miserable.

One thing I've really noticed is that there are a lot of players with STAR quality myplayers who are awful, just awful. They don't play D, their timing is terrible and they mostly just shoot contested fallaway 3s (which while of course they make more than is realistic they still miss a lot of them).

Given how much work it has taken me to just get my myplayer to 75 overall (and that includes playing lots of online and offline blacktop as well as myCareer games with 10 minute quarters), I have to think most of these guys have bought their players.

Is it really that common? How much does it cost in really money to get a myplayer to STAR level?
Bought 10k microsoft points 4k unused for 2k13.
Old 11-04-2012, 11:34 AM   #4
Rookie

I had leftover points and got 10k vc for the coach skill. I want the ball when I want the ball lol.
Old 11-04-2012, 11:56 AM   #5
MVP

Ejfalcon9's Arena

OVR: 9
Bought 10k when the game first dropped for clothes and another 10k once my PG got un-VC'ed so I just spent another $3 to get my SG posterizing people out of the gate. $6 well spent imo.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-04-2012, 12:58 PM   #6
MVP

Greekcian's Arena

OVR: 1

Not a single penny. I recognize what you're saying about those star players, but it's just an easy win if you get matched up to those shooting threes from miles away so I don't complain
Old 11-04-2012, 05:03 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 9

I havent bought any yet but i might soon.
Old 11-04-2012, 05:12 PM   #8
Rookie

thought about it, but i worked hard to get my 78 ovr. **** i played 40 mycareer games. and tons of other modes to get him there. i just see it as cheesy to buy your myplayer. the whole part of the mode is to build him from the ground up. not get drafted and your first career game your a 99. lmfao at these kids and for 2k allowing it to happen. possibly ruined the online blacktop mode. if everyone was legit it would be a much more fun expierience over all IMO

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »