Home

Am I the only one who likes the game better with harder 3 pt %?

This is a discussion on Am I the only one who likes the game better with harder 3 pt %? within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-22-2012, 07:19 PM   #1
MVP

cardinalbird5's Arena

OVR: 13
Am I the only one who likes the game better with harder 3 pt %?

I agree it is a bit too low, but this is way better than having every single 3 go in, regardless of the shot release, player, where they are on the floor, etc. I shot around 50% from 3 pt in about 50 games.

Last game I played you could actually play defense and if you contested the shot there would be less than a 20% chance it'd go in. I still hit 5-6 threes ( I dr the total pct though), but I'd rather have it like this than lose to people who don't move the ball at all and jack up 3's to beat me.

They need to tweak just a tad up and it'd be perfect, honestly. But I really don't see how people enjoyed the game the way it was before. No ball movement required or anything...just jack up 3's. My Team was a joke too because of this and was one reason I stopped with the awful mode.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-22-2012, 07:57 PM   #2
Rookie

johhnywave's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Am I the only one who likes the game better with harder 3 pt %?

The only modes I really play are My Career, blacktop online, and Team-Up so... maybe it's the people I come across, but it seems like the majority thinks basketball is only dunking or 3pters. I can see why some would be bitching.
Old 12-22-2012, 08:01 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 1

Totally agree, I would rather have too few threes go in than too many. I shouldn't be able to hit 60% of my threes on any given game. This is a bit more realistic though I agree the change was a bit drastic.
Old 12-22-2012, 08:09 PM   #4
MVP

gator3guy's Arena

OVR: 11

I'd rather have it this way than the way it was before. Only a two game sample size for me though. My opinion could change.
Old 12-22-2012, 10:15 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 2

I'm fine with it, but it's crap if they don't tone down the dunking. It just rewards myTEAM players who run with LeBron, Durant, Blake, etc. and just run down the floor through the entire D and dunk on them because dunk animations are impossible to interrupt.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-22-2012, 10:23 PM   #6
Banned

OVR: 0

Well if you think about it players were making 20-25 3s a game! That is really unrealistic. To see players making less 3s makes people think the 3s are messed up now. But really they are just more realistic. With that being said I do think guys like Ray Allen should be able to bang in 2-3 straight every now and then.
Old 12-22-2012, 11:33 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krispyflakes
Well if you think about it players were making 20-25 3s a game! That is really unrealistic. To see players making less 3s makes people think the 3s are messed up now. But really they are just more realistic. With that being said I do think guys like Ray Allen should be able to bang in 2-3 straight every now and then.
Iv never seen some one make 25 threes online in quick match. If a person can make 25 threes. That person not doing anything wrong. The defender is. They need to find a middle ground. This update basically takes teams that depend on the three point shot out of it.

Im still winning. Im like20-5 since i noticed the change. But i would like to hit some open threes. I run pays like floppy miller or 3 floppy which gets guys like j.r smith and steve novak open for threes. They can basically sit there and pick their noses they are open for so long. I take the shot. Get a B- quality on green release and brick. Novak went 1-7 on wide open threes j.r went 1-3 the only one he made was a four point play. Tyson chandler is averaging like 20 a game for me now off of pick n roll ally opps from kidd and felton.
Old 12-22-2012, 11:48 PM   #8
MVP

phant030's Arena

OVR: 14

No, i like it. Now, lower tier shooters have more inconsistencies and are less reliable as they should be.

I've noticed a lot of players who have loaded teams with shooters in MyTeam are struggling b/c they don't have a balanced team.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »