Home

Movie/Superhero/Bases Loaded Roster Up In Vault

This is a discussion on Movie/Superhero/Bases Loaded Roster Up In Vault within the MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-02-2013, 12:19 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Movie/Superhero/Bases Loaded Roster Up In Vault

Hi guys,

I have just uploaded a modified version of sluggbugg's Fictional Players roster set. My version changed the names of more than 250 of the players in the set (and very few ratings...the integrity of the set is sluggbugg's and company's, so I don't want to overstate what I've done here).

This set includes superhero/villain's "secret identities" such as the ones you would expect (Bruce Wayne, Clark Kent, Lex Luthor, etc.) as well as ones you may not (Cain Marko, Eric Draven, Max Dillon, etc.). In all, the superhero/villains count for about 90 of the added names.

Movie/TV baseball characters include the usual suspects (Willie Mays Hayes, Crash Davis, Roy Hobbs) and some you may have forgotten (Tony Miceli, Chet Steadman, Bingo Long).

Also included are players from the old NES game Bases Loaded from when I was growing up. I played this game religiously, and remembered a lot of the players (and dug up the others). Paste, Agua, Frieda, Henter and Carter...they're all here (though the younger ones of you probably have no idea what this game is! )

I opened with a fantasy draft (which I strongly recommend) and opened my season as my Mets with an 8-6 loss. Bruce Wayne was done in by some early control problems and a two-error third inning that let the Braves take a 6-0 lead. We got it back within 8-6, backed by 3 RBI by Mike Paste and 2 RBI from Logan Howlett. But the Braves bullpen made Jonah Hex's 3 RBI stand up and the bullpen bent but didn't break to get Billy Chapel the win.

I know it's a niche kind of set, but hopefully some folks enjoy it. It's under Fantasy rosters, name AJMCZE, called MoviesSuperheroesBLStars.

GH
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-02-2013, 03:46 PM   #2
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Movie/Superhero/Bases Loaded Roster Up In Vault

I know what I am doing tonight! DL and fantasy draft for sure!!!

I was an avid Bases Loaded player (BL II was my fav) and remember the names well. Kept a notebook for season stats!

Awesome stuff!
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Old 01-02-2013, 05:34 PM   #3
Rookie

I made no players I changed older than 31 to give them a bit of staying power.

When I play, I play the first game of each series until September, then play every game as long as I'm in contention. I do this so I can get several seasons done, as I like that aspect of it. We ended up taking two of three from Atlanta before dropping 2 of three from the Nationals, who seem devoid of movie or superhero guys, going with the Bases Loaded crew. Logan Howlett hit my first homer with these rosters. I have the most created players, obviously, as that was the fun of it. My starting 9 is

C: John Kinsella (Kevin Costner's dad from Field of Dreams)
1B: Mike Paste (Bases Loaded)
2B: Clint Barton (Hawkeye)
SS: Rick Grimes (from the Walking Dead comic)
3B: Roger Dorn (Major League)
LF: Logan Howlett (Wolverine)
CF: Willie Mays Hayes (Major League)
RF: Max Dubois (Mr. Baseball, and I need to fix as he should be black)
DH: Billy Brutus (Bases Loaded)

I used DH in both leagues to maximize use of the created players even though I hate the DH.

GH
Old 01-05-2013, 10:50 PM   #4
Rookie

Pitching is doing well but my lineup needs help. Bottom of the order has been weak so far, but having a ton of fun with this so far.

Roy Hobbs leads the AL in hitting, "Captain America" Steve Rogers leads the NL. Nook LaLoosh leads the NL in ERA, while Peaches Cluff (from the 1987 HBO movie Long Gone) leads the AL. Bases Loaded slugger Gene Agua is making a run at the NL triple crown six weeks into the season

Hoping the few who have downloaded are enjoying.

GH

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters »