Home

Make the game fun again....

This is a discussion on Make the game fun again.... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-09-2013, 01:33 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 4
Make the game fun again....

The biggest issues I see with the game, besides presentation, is the game isn't just plain fun anymore. I miss the days of the mini games and spring game in the off season. Give us the ability to effect how our players progress in the off season. Those little things made the game fun. All we do in the off season is recruit and cut players.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-09-2013, 04:36 AM   #2
MVP

OVR: 12
Re: Make the game fun again....

so.....last-gen=fun, current-gen=not fun. is that about right?
Old 01-09-2013, 04:39 AM   #3
MVP

Assassin's Arena

OVR: 6

I think what he means is that while this gen has been fun it would be nice to get back a few features we use to have in the older games. I for one would love to see the spring game return to just get a look on field at some of your recruits.
Old 01-09-2013, 12:37 PM   #4
Rookie

grabursock55's Arena

OVR: 0

I dont think the current gen is fun. I love to run the ball, but when jukes, stiff arms and truck sticks are useless, even with a great power back. I just think the game loses its luster. I still play NCAA 11 for PS2
Old 01-09-2013, 01:12 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 19

I tried starting a new dynasty and the graphics and gameplay just turn me away from this game. I love college football but this game is terrible. I've tried everyone's slider set in the slider section and they still can't make this game enjoyable.

What are you guys doing to make it fun? Or have you guys just stopped playing?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-09-2013, 01:27 PM   #6
Pro

Bolt957's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by iRepIndiana
I tried starting a new dynasty and the graphics and gameplay just turn me away from this game. I love college football but this game is terrible. I've tried everyone's slider set in the slider section and they still can't make this game enjoyable.

What are you guys doing to make it fun? Or have you guys just stopped playing?
That's why I sat this season out, didn't even get '13. After having '12 for so long and seeing how similar it was to '13, I just couldn't go through with buying. The fun was gone and I'm hoping it will come back soon. It won't happen unless EA is willing to put a full effort into the game.
Old 01-09-2013, 01:41 PM   #7
Banned

OVR: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolt957
That's why I sat this season out, didn't even get '13. After having '12 for so long and seeing how similar it was to '13, I just couldn't go through with buying. The fun was gone and I'm hoping it will come back soon. It won't happen unless EA is willing to put a full effort into the game.
The ONLY reason I got it was I had 20 dollar off any game at GameStop and I got this game for 7.99. It was the only game available that I was really interested in at the time. I had a really good slider set by SECElit3 but the graphics and presentation were such major turn offs.
Old 01-09-2013, 02:31 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by simgamer0005
so.....last-gen=fun, current-gen=not fun. is that about right?
What I am getting at... is that regardless of which features people argue to bring back, what made the last gen games fun was the DEPTH of dynasty and features.
College football is more then just playing a regular season and recruiting and the last gen games captured that. The last gen games could consume you for hours with the Spring Game and Off Season drills etc.
I can ignore some gameplay quirks as long as the game is fun and DEEP, but without the depth these NCAA games get boring real quick.
I am lobbying for a deeper and more fullfilling game!!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »