Home

Differences between Carrer mode cpu and UT cpu

This is a discussion on Differences between Carrer mode cpu and UT cpu within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-12-2013, 11:49 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Differences between Carrer mode cpu and UT cpu

I am a big UT player. I love it. Never showed any interested in Career mode as a manager before the past 3 days or so, and now I find myself in love.

But, there is this one thing that has been bugging me so much that I have to come here and ask for answers. Why do the defenses act so much different between UT and regular Career mode? I have won division 1 3 times on UT. Twice online and once vs the CPU. Division 1 CPU in UT is LEGENDARY. Having feeling accomplished that I defeated the UT CPU on legendary I decided it was time to play as a manager in Career.

Whats been bugging me is that I am struggling to play on Professional. I can do it and win games, but not as many as I feel my team should. (Playing as Everton) The major thing that feels different to me is the CPU defense. On UT (just played a match to compare) the defense is WAY easier to pass through and skill around. I beat Man City 3-1 on Legendary difficulty. I go and play Career mode as Ever ton and it was so difficult to pass through the defense, let alone even take a shot (which I feel is my biggest problem) I lost 2-0 on Professional.

In Career mode I really can not seem to get a shot off that doesn't get blocked by a defender OR get completely ran over by a defender who is on a mission to get the ball, no matter how hard I try I just can not get a shot off. It is really frustrating me. I can under stand it would be more difficult to pass through the defense offline because my players are not as good as on UT. I understand that. But the differences in the way the CPU defense reacts has got me stumped.

I am looking for advise as to what I can do to get Career mode to play more like UT on Legendary. (If that makes sense to you guys) Is there anything at all I can do to get more shots on the goal? I.E formations, settings, sliders, ect, ect.

Any tips on how to shoot around the defender so every single shot is not blocked?

Thanks for letting me vent, any constructive ideas or comments will be appreciated.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-12-2013, 06:13 PM   #2
Rookie

OpTiOnMaStA's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Differences between Carrer mode cpu and UT cpu

I only have one tip/comment for you. I think your timing is off.

I play exclusively career mode. I'm really not that great of a FIFA player and I also play on professional, however, I will share with you that I notice the same thing happening to me when my timing is off. I tend to be quite streaky. A lot of times I can score 4 goals per game on 6 minute halves for 5 games in a row. The next thing I know, all of my shots are blocked by the defense or go wide of the goal.

The only explanation I have come up with is that my timing is off. Sometimes I'm on and sometimes I'm off.

My general prescription for getting better at FIFA is to slow down a little and think about where you want to pass the ball. When my timing is off, though, I tend to actually do the opposite. I make too many passes and I am too slow to get down the field, leading to me being just the requisite partial second behind which leads to missed opportunities. I'd actually advise you to play a few through balls (even horizontal, as I have found this opens the defense up a little bit) to unlock the defense and see if you can't push the ball a little more than you usually do.

I'm in a rough patch right now myself. I'm looking to take my own medicine!
Old 01-12-2013, 07:33 PM   #3
Rookie

I appreciate the reply and I have been wondering the same thing myself. I was doing a little toying with the sliders and found that taking the CPU's acceleration has helped greatly. I took it down to 45 and the game got a lot more even (on both sides of the ball) After playing 3 games I bumped it up to 47 and that seems to be where it needs to be, it is quite fair. I also moved the cpu pass error up to 53 and it seems to be just right (not too much or less) I can actually get my shots off due to the slowing down of the defenders comming from behind the ball. Much, much better now.
Old 01-13-2013, 12:28 AM   #4
Rookie

OpTiOnMaStA's Arena

OVR: 4

I guess that's one way to handle it! Good luck.
Old 01-13-2013, 12:32 AM   #5
MVP

Don't worry, eventually you'll master that difficulty and move up to legendary!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-14-2013, 02:25 AM   #6
MVP

OVR: 9

FUT has the chemistry factor which gives the human a hidden advantage over the cpu.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »