Home

Does the commentary bother anyone else?

This is a discussion on Does the commentary bother anyone else? within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-13-2013, 12:09 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Does the commentary bother anyone else?

I find it hard to get over how bad the commentary in this game is. Martin Tyler and Allan Smith do an absolutely horrendous job throughout the entirety of every game. They're not providing commentary, they're commenting on the game. There's a difference.

Lines like "And that goal is significant because it has just put them level!" and ‘Which one of these teams will get to the final? We know one will get to the final, but which one will it be today..." raise serious question marks. Is Martin Tyler ******** or something?

And for some reason, a lot of his lines drag out for an eternity. He often blabbers on and on about a shot that I missed wide for an eternity until he cuts himself off to shout about a cross coming in on the other side of the pitch after the goalkick.

I tried making the commentary french or mexican spanish but that's rather jarring as well.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-13-2013, 12:52 AM   #2
Rookie

4EverBlowingBubbles's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Does the commentary bother anyone else?

THEY'RE DOWN TO TEN MEN!!!
Old 02-13-2013, 01:14 AM   #3

dubcity's Arena

OVR: 2

I like Martin Tyler a lot, but Alan Smith does nothing for me. Andy Gray was way better. Just a more likable guy.

Honestly, the gameplay doesn't really do the commentary justice. Things move too quickly, and, like you said, quite often lines get cut off. I think my personal least favorite line is when Tyler says "have to get more men back, here." I swear he says that 10-15 times a game.Yeah, Martin, I wish I could get more men back. Unfortunately, the game seems to think that 4 men will suffice.
Old 02-13-2013, 08:12 AM   #4
MVP

UK0wnag3's Arena

OVR: 14

My favourite Martin Tyler lines have got to be "the attack has been quelled" - who uses the word "quelled" anymore? and "they're in, they've scored, they're surely home and dry" which sounds like the worst terrace chant ever. But any of those beat Andy Townsend's one story about Italia '90.

I like Tyler in real life but the game doesn't do him justice.
Arizona Cardinals
Phoenix Suns
Twitter
Old 02-13-2013, 08:48 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 5

I turn on the Spanish announcers and crank the volume to 30. I have no idea what they're saying, but I do understand GOOOOAAAAAALLLLLLL!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-13-2013, 11:05 AM   #6
MVP

UK0wnag3's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by eskimos44
I turn on the Spanish announcers and crank the volume to 30. I have no idea what they're saying, but I do understand GOOOOAAAAAALLLLLLL!!!
I've tried that before but once the novelty wears off your left with two bloke who I can't understand, who have some weird pronunciations of names, such as "Carrick" becoming "Car-wig".
Arizona Cardinals
Phoenix Suns
Twitter
Old 02-13-2013, 01:15 PM   #7
MVP

MrOctober430's Arena

OVR: 12

I use the spanish announcers all the time. I like hearing them make shots on goal exciting. If not the spanish, it's Martin Tyler.
Old 02-13-2013, 02:36 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 0

"Well they're gonna make a change. Looks to be a tactical one, doesn't seem to be any injury involved. Well, now the injured player's off, we're going to get the game restarted with a goal kick. An easy shot, a shot on target, that will go down in the stats."

Yes, that was a string of lines from good 'ol Martin Tyler. A player was injured and I kicked the ball to the keeper.

Seems completely random instead of actually talking about what's happening on the pitch.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »