Home

Do you consider this cheese?

This is a discussion on Do you consider this cheese? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-22-2013, 11:14 AM   #1
MVP

InspectahDeck's Arena

OVR: 18
Do you consider this cheese?

Okay I have a player in one of my OD's who thinks it's okay to sprint to the sidelines every pass play so he can break the coverage of the defense. He has openly admitted that the purpose of running to the sideline to to break the AI. Which to any sim player who has been around for anytime knows is huge cheese. One of the most zero tolerance rules in any sim OD is no sprinting to the sidelines.

His excuse has now turned to well Big Ben and Michael Vick do it. But that's real life not flawed logic on a video game. So yes or no is sprinting to the sideline to break the AI coverage cheese or not? What would you do in a OD like this when the player refuses to play sim. But the OD won't do anything about his actions?

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-22-2013, 11:20 AM   #2
BOOM!

gerg1234's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: Do you consider this cheese?

In my opinion, if it's not a designed play then it is cheese.

I move my pocket to the left or right (especially on designed plays to the sidelines....I HATE that you can't see over there if you stay in the pocket)....but it's never a sprint out all the way. Of course Sean Mannion has 60 speed, so it wouldn't turn out all that great if I did it anyway.
San Francisco Giants
Chicago Blackhawks
MLS: Portland Timbers
EPL: Liverpool FC
Old 02-22-2013, 11:21 AM   #3
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

If you're the commissioner, you boot the player in question. It's your league, you get to decide who stays and who goes. You've talked to the player in question, he's not going to conform, so the squeaky wheel gets the grease, so-to-speak.

If you're not the commissioner, talk to the commissioner about doing the above. If the commissioner doesn't care about sim play and the presence of non-sim players still bothers you, find a new online dynasty to play in.

From a gameplay perspective, you might try running some cornerback blitzes and running the DL contain stunt (LB, then right stick up I believe) in order to mitigate the effectiveness of such a player.
Old 02-22-2013, 11:32 AM   #4
MVP

InspectahDeck's Arena

OVR: 18

CM I agree with you if I was commish I would have booted him a long time ago. But it's not my OD so I have brought it up and the commish and other players seem indifferent to his cheese. It's to the point like i'm the issue because I want him to play sim and he refuses to do so. When he knows nothing will come down from the top if he doesn't.

But I like the OD because it's active. Everyone else plays sim style but this guy. So it would be weak to quit because 1 guy forces you out of a good OD.

Old 02-22-2013, 01:28 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 0

As was said earlier, blitz corners. I used to know someone who did this all the time and the look on his face was priceless when he would try to to scramble to the sideline and suddenly he'd be running into a corner instead.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-22-2013, 01:58 PM   #6
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by InspectahDeck
CM I agree with you if I was commish I would have booted him a long time ago. But it's not my OD so I have brought it up and the commish and other players seem indifferent to his cheese. It's to the point like i'm the issue because I want him to play sim and he refuses to do so. When he knows nothing will come down from the top if he doesn't.

But I like the OD because it's active. Everyone else plays sim style but this guy. So it would be weak to quit because 1 guy forces you out of a good OD.
It is no doubt "cheese", especially considering he admits it by stating it's an AI exploit. I agree with CM that you should find you another league because if the Commish is ok with this kind of stuff, who knows what will be allowed next.

I feel your pain though because 3 other fiends and I used to play offline franchise together, with one guy that would do anything to win. In that case though, he was so awful at the game that the rest of us didn't care and would taunt him for "cheesing" but still losing, lol.

So if he is losing in spite of using cheese tactics and you feel it won't get any worse, I guess you can just ignore it since it's one guy in an otherwise good league.
Old 02-22-2013, 09:20 PM   #7
Rookie

OmahaKnights's Arena

OVR: 0

I've found a few things work fairly well. Setting a linebacker to spy, or DEs to QB contain, or maybe blitzing corners (which I think is risky, since most of the time they're sprinting to the corner, they're trying to buy time to lob up a bomb, and you need that corner to cover their star wideout) will help in taking him out. What really helps is looking at his tendencies. Most guys that do that will sprint to the right, so adjust your defense accordingly.

It's cheesier than cheddar, and still damn annoying to go against, but far from gamebreaking. It seems like 13 made some serious strides in fixing that, but at the cost of making scrambling QBs struggle to get past the LOS.

Last edited by OmahaKnights; 02-22-2013 at 09:22 PM.
Old 02-22-2013, 11:05 PM   #8
MVP

Clemsonpanther's Arena

OVR: 3

Don't schedule the guy

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »