Home

RTTS frustration with advancement goals

This is a discussion on RTTS frustration with advancement goals within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-30-2013, 01:28 AM   #1
Rookie

YankeeDynasty1998's Arena

OVR: 0
Icon9 RTTS frustration with advancement goals

I am not a big RTTS guy, as you'll find me normally playing franchise or regular exhibition games. However, I've been playing a lot recently waiting patiently for OSFM, and despite being an 85 overall player batting .300 with 25 homers, I failed my advancement goals a few times and got sent back down to Triple-A.

I eventually got called back up but only for one postseason game - Game 7 of the World Series with the Cubs. And we lost.

I was wondering if there are any talks to re-define advancement goals and how to further progress your player? I understand it's essential to first getting to the Majors, but if you're in the MVP race but can't up your durability to 86, who the hell cares????

1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-8-9-10-15-16-20-23-32-37-42-44-46-49-51
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-01-2013, 04:53 PM   #2
MVP

SmooveMove's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: RTTS frustration with advancement goals

This is my biggest gripe. Why is my 90 overall allstar being sent down to AAA? because he didn't get walked 4 times?

Advancement goals -Get rid of them. I like them for the minors, but I didn't see Albert Pujols in the minors after his slow start last season, why should our RTTS players?
Old 04-01-2013, 05:06 PM   #3
MVP

TGov's Arena

OVR: 8

I've failed a decent amount but they kept me up...
The thing that really grinds my gears is, I can't get off the Pirates, Im going into my 4th season I believe and always request a trade and change of position and I'm always denied... How can I get out of town?
Old 04-01-2013, 05:25 PM   #4
Rookie

MetalBeldo's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGov
The thing that really grinds my gears is, I can't get off the Pirates, Im going into my 4th season I believe and always request a trade and change of position and I'm always denied... How can I get out of town?
Wait until you have 6 years of MLB service, then test Free Agency
Old 04-01-2013, 05:37 PM   #5
Pro

IK720's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalBeldo
Wait until you have 6 years of MLB service, then test Free Agency
That is all you can do. Last year in both RTTS's i took that far I had to wait until the MLB service passed and then I signed huge contracts with another team. Only to have them trade me anyway which sucked.

As for the advancement goals there is nothing you can do. Just try your best to accomplish them (yes.. quite annoying). That is why I play RTTS every year and end up just playing franchise. RTTS is fun, but in the end I want control.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-01-2013, 05:42 PM   #6
Rookie

dcmantommy72's Arena

OVR: 1

Hopefully they will take a long serious look at Adv Goals for next years game. They know a ton of people requested a change last year, but instead we got less commentary... oh yeah and a new base running mechanic that is alot better then last year, but considering how awful they were anything would be an improvement.

All we can do is leave our feedback, and hope.
Old 04-02-2013, 12:35 AM   #7
Rookie

shadow2201's Arena

OVR: 9

I figure once you're up in the Majors, advancement goals should be gone! Like what has been said already, there are plenty of guys in the majors who keep playing despite slow starts or slumps, heck Ike Davis hit .227 last year and stayed up all year, granted he hit some HR's but still! I just feel as if Advancement goals should be gone once you reach the majors!
Old 04-12-2013, 04:22 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGov
Man I'm stuck with them too lol

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »