Home

Hits down the lines

This is a discussion on Hits down the lines within the MLB The Show Last Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-09-2013, 01:48 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 17
Hits down the lines

I find that a lot of hits down the lines do not result in doubles as they should.

So because of that, there only seems to be a few sliders that may help, but I am wondering what the unintended consequences are?

For instance, if I was to bring the fielder speed slider down to zero and leave baserunner speed at default, what would be the drawback of doing this?

Also, I find the fielder reaction slider doesnt really work for outfielders..is this true? I have had it at default and at zero and when I watch replays of an outfielder's reaction to a fly ball on replay, there doesnt seem to any change in how fast they start moving to where the ball is hit.

The only other slider I feel that can help with doubles down the line is the baserunner speed. I'm finding if I increase it to ten, most runners will make it to 2B with no trouble. However I'm worried about too many runners beating out double plays or infield ground balls.

Any advice? I'm leaning towards just decreasing fielder speed to zero. I dont want to touch the power slider to make the ball travel further along the first or third base line as I think there is too much power in batter balls as it is
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-09-2013, 02:02 PM   #2
MVP

jr86's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: Hits down the lines

I personally don't think you need that much of an adjustment to fielder speed.
You should have no problem with this with baserunner speed at default and fielder speed at 2 or 3.
Fielder arm strength is also one to look at.
What do you have your solid hit slider at?
Old 04-09-2013, 02:36 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 17

I have everything at default for hitting and pitching. I typically only move the global sliders, so I'm trying to figure out if I wanna just increase baserunner speed or reduce fielder speed. I may reduce arm strength too.

The other issue I see is that I'm having a hard time scoring from 2B on a single to the OF. Its either because the ball gets to the OF way to fast or the fielder gets to the ball way too fast, or that the baserunner is not fast enough.

So in general, I'm thinking a combination of fielder speed reduction and an increase of baserunner speed will do the trick, but I'm not sure what that combination is. Or if I just move one of the sliders.

Does anyone know if baserunner speed is true to life? I am too lazy to clock the time it takes a player to run to first base and compare it to his real life counterpart
Old 04-09-2013, 03:45 PM   #4
Pro

ralphieboy11's Arena

OVR: 4

I believe baserunner speed is true to life from tests that people have run in the past.

For me, I have been using the following settings to try and help with doubles and runners advancing on base hits.

Fielder speed 4
Arm strength 2
Baserunner Speed 6

To my eye it has looked pretty good, although some might think the throws are too soft. You still will see some balls down the line that won't result in doubles, but if you try to see that too much you will probably see too many doubles overall.

This is something I'd like to see worked on with the gameplay a little more in the future. More doubles down the line and less in the gaps. That way the strategy of guarding the lines would be more important late in ballgames.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Sliders »