Home

game is un playable for me

This is a discussion on game is un playable for me within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-18-2013, 03:21 AM   #1
Rookie

SaintBrees's Arena

OVR: 0
game is un playable for me

Ive lost interest in this game ever since the last update that made getting steals impossible. Every time you attempt a steal its an instant reach in. 2k thought the only way to fix stealing the ball easily was to increase the reach in fouls. I think for 2k14 they need to fix it by making it to where when you have a failed steal attempt you are vulnerable for a second to where the ball handler can dribble past you or something that makes reaching in a risk and not an immediate foul. Players in the nba make steal attempts that arent reach ins.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-18-2013, 09:43 AM   #2
MVP

heelphreak's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: game is un playable for me

steals haven't been impossible for me. you just can't spam the steal button in the open court. it still works fine for me during certain animations, particularly in a crowded post.
Old 04-18-2013, 10:08 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 3

ok so the game is unplayable for you so dont play it, dont know why you need to make a thread for it lol
Old 04-18-2013, 12:51 PM   #4
Hall of Fame

Coach2K's Arena

OVR: 2

Nine steals. HOF CPU, simulation sliders, 12 minute quarters.

Played a guy the other day who got like 15 steals from me in a quick match with the Raptors.

You can do it. But the guy above was right, can't spam the steal button which is a good thing in my opinion.

To watch a fictional MyLeague expansion series with more than 90 episodes click here.

Subscribe to Coach2K's YouTube channel by clicking here.

Visit Coach2K.com for my latest articles.
Old 04-18-2013, 01:56 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 23

I'm getting my steals by playing the passing lanes and stripping some of the bigs when they get into the post...

If you're trying to strip an NBA Point Guard, in a straight up man to man situation, you're not going to have much success... NBA Point Guards are some of the best ball handlers in the world...

psn - CeeGee
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-18-2013, 02:47 PM   #6
All Star

ksuttonjr76's Arena

OVR: 0

Stop spamming the steal button...pretty easy concept.
Old 04-18-2013, 03:07 PM   #7
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

OVR: 18

I'll tread lightly on this one, but I don't think all issues with the concept of stealing in 2K13 have to do with someone spamming the steal button. It seems like 2K was pretty free wheeling with the amount of reaching they allowed upon release, then perhaps over-tightened things, then loosened up just a little from that point.

I've mostly gotten the hang of the steal system, but I still do not believe it's very intuitive. By that I mean, the risk-reward system is not as logical as I'd prefer. For instance, I've had to teach myself not to attempt a steal when the ball is very clearly exposed, high, and vulnerable. No matter how much it'd make sense to poke for a steal in real life when the ball is in such a position, the risk is not worth it in 2K13 unless the player attempting the steal is a Chris Paul or Isiah Thomas type (aka a player with high steal rating).

I think my issue is how steals seem to have more to do with ratings than recognition and execution. When using Paul, it seems I can press the steal button and create a loose ball on a regular basis, even when a guard is doing all he can to protect his dribble. On the flip side, if I'm using a player such as Rodney Stuckey to defend an opponent facing me up and dribbling waist high and very carelessly, it seems there's an extremely low chance of creating a poke away. In a situation where even a cave man would be able to get a hand on a dribble that exposed, our defenders opt not to reach for the ball, but to randomly swipe at our opponent's chest, shoulder, or elbow instead.

Long story short, I've learned how to create some steals in 2K13, but the logic behind it all is not top notch in my opinion. It's similar to the blocking situation, where logic says we're controlling Ben Wallace, he's got a clean path to help out on the weak side, it's timed perfectly, yet the ball seems to often go through the defender's hand or a random flail block animation is brought about. The game sometimes feels slightly more skewed toward assuring proper averages than rewarding correct play recognition and execution.

Last edited by VDusen04; 04-18-2013 at 03:10 PM.
Old 04-18-2013, 03:17 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 1

Steals are all about timing. Not mashing the Steal Button as soon as a player gets a defensive rebound. Just because you cant adjust your cheese style of play does not mean the game is unplayable. Go rent NBA Jam or something to satisfy your needs.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »