Home

Complete 30-Team Association

This is a discussion on Complete 30-Team Association within the Basketball Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-03-2013, 03:39 PM   #1
Pro

chinatownpwnage's Arena

OVR: 1
Complete 30-Team Association

Hey OS Community! I was having a lot of fun with my other association, but due to a mistake on my part, i accidentally saved over the file so I lost the association. However, I am still dedicated to having a fun association and sharing a fun 30-team association with everyone. Furthermore, this gives me a chance to use to Sim-World 30-team file, which I will have identical to the real season up to 5/2/2013. So here we go! I will start with a season recap, and go into the playoffs.

Roster: Sim-World
Sliders: Ronyell's
DC's: Sim-World 2013, CWSapp/Dreece Fictional

After the Madness - Complete 30-Team Association
http://www.operationsports.com/forum...post2045234298
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-03-2013, 03:47 PM   #2
Pro

chinatownpwnage's Arena

Re: Complete 30-Team Association

Season Recap

Trades:

all trades matched real life deadline
http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/89...e-tracker-2013

Season Awards:
2012-2013 Awards
AwardPlayerPosTeam
Most Valuable PlayerLeBron JamesFMiami Heat
Rookie of the YearDamian LillardPGPortland Trail Blazers
Sixth Man of the YearJ.R. SmithSGNew York Knicks
Defensive Player of the YearMarc GasolCMemphis Grizzlies
Most Improved PlayerPaul GeorgeSFIndiana Pacers
Coach of the YearGregg Popovich
San Antonio Spurs

next is round 1 recap

Old 05-03-2013, 04:47 PM   #3
Pro

chinatownpwnage's Arena

Round 1 Recap

Headlines

Golden State knocks off Denver behind Steph Curry's blazing hot performances. Golden State whens 4-2.

Clippers lose four straight after taking a 2-0 lead. Lose 4-2. What does Chris Paul want to do now after the early exit?

Lakers get swept in their Round 1 series. "I'm just glad this nightmare season is over" - Dwight Howard. What will he decide this off season?

Other Results
-OKC survives the Rockets in seven games. However, their title chances took a huge hit with the injury to Russell Westbrook.
-Miami sweeps Buck in their one to eight seed matchup.
-Brooklyn comes back from 3-1 to win the series.
-Pacers beat Hawks in seven games. Paul George shows a lot of progression as the Pacers main option without Danny Granger.
-Knicks hold off the surging Celtics to with their series in 6.

Old 05-03-2013, 08:30 PM   #4
Pro

chinatownpwnage's Arena

Conference Semifinals Recap

Results

OKC beats Memphis in five games. Reggie Jackson has stepped up nicely in place of Westbrook.

Spurs fall to the strong surges of the Warriors. They lose the series in seven tight games, especially game 6, which the Warriors won 129-126 in 3OT.

The Heat easily take care of the Nets 4-1. Deron Williams had a terrible series, average only 13 ppg and 5 apg.

Paul George continue to show major progression, and proof of deserving the most improved player of the year award. The Pacers win the series 4-2.

Last edited by chinatownpwnage; 05-03-2013 at 08:39 PM.
Old 05-03-2013, 09:33 PM   #5
Pro

chinatownpwnage's Arena

Western Conference Finals Recap

vs

Game 1: 100-97 Thunder (1-0)
Game 2: 109-106 Thunder (2-0)
Game 3: 99-94 Warriors (1-2)
Game 4: 105-102 Thunder (3-1)
Game 5: 104-95 (4-1)

The Warriors stellar play to this point in the Playoffs was abruptly halted by the Thunder in the Western Conference Finals. The absence of Russell Westbrook was not felt at all because of the excellent play by Reggie Jackson and Derek Fisher.

Last edited by chinatownpwnage; 05-03-2013 at 09:37 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-03-2013, 09:39 PM   #6
Pro

chinatownpwnage's Arena

Eastern Conference Finals Recap

vs

Game 1: 100-86 Heat (1-0)
Game 2: 109-93 Heat (2-0)
Game 3: 102-96 Heat (3-0)
Game 4: 95-77 Heat (4-0)

The Heat executed a dominating sweep of the Pacers by playing well on both sides of the ball. There was no doubt of a win for the Heat during any of the four games. LeBron has answered the critics and has lead his team to a 12-1 record in the playoffs so far, making a championship for the Heat against the Westbrook-less Thunder seem inevitable.

Old 05-03-2013, 10:09 PM   #7
Pro

chinatownpwnage's Arena

Finals Recap

vs

Scores
Game 1: 109-93 Thunder (1-0)
Game 2: 120-83 Heat (1-1)
Game 3: 96-95 Thunder (2-1)

Game 4: 114-87 Heat (2-2)
Game 5: 95-87 Heat (3-2)
Game 6: 89-88 Thunder (3-3)
Game 7:93-88 Thunder (4-3)

Coming into the series, this NBA Finals rematch looked to be short and quick, mainly because of the injury that Russell Westbrook suffered in the first round series against the Rockets. NBA fans and critics around the world didn't think that the Thunder had a shot, despite dismantling the Grizzlies and the Warriors each in five games the past two rounds.
-----
In Game 1,
any doubts that the Thunder were here to compete and win the title were shut down as the took a 58-49 lead into the half. In the third quarter, the Heat could not slow down the Thunder offense in order to stage a comeback. The game eventually ended in blowout fashion, 109-93 to the Thunder.
-----
If anyone expected
the Heat to take control of the second game, it didn't look that way in the first quarter. Their offense looked sloppy, but they were able to end the quarter at a tie from two threes by LeBron James. The next three quarters were utter dominance by the Heat, as the outscored the Thunder by 12, 9, and 16 points to win the game 120-83.
-----
After Game 2, the viewers of the NBA Finals believed that the Heat were ready to take control and win the rest of the series. However, Durant, who has said "I'm tired of being second" earlier in the playoffs, lived up to his statement, and delivered a fourth quarter that proved to the world that he was not giving up the pivotal third game. Durant hit the go-ahead shot with 9.7 seconds left, and shut down LeBron James as he tried to lift the Heat over the Thunder. The game ended with Durant's hand raised at a 96-95 victory.
-----
In Game 4, Heat head coach Erik Spoelstra made a decision to play Dwyane Wade at the pointto begin the second quarter. The decision paid off as a close game turned into a blowout as Wade punished the inexperienced Jackson, and slow-footed Derek Fisher. The Thunder were eventually forced to play bigwith no point guard, but their offense could not generate enough offense to try to make a comeback. The Heat won the Game 114-87.
-----
History shows that the winner of Game 5 in a 2-2 serious most likely wins the series. The Heat came out early and showed that they wanted to take this game, and be once step closer to beingrepeat champions. The score at halftime was 63-36 in favor of the Heat. Even the Thunder's 24-12 third quarter only shrunk the Heat lead to 15, and a small run by the Heat in the fourth quarter put the game away. The ending score was 95-78.
-----
Sports analysts everyone believed that the series was truly over after Game 5. ESPN analyst Magic Johnson said "Durant and the Thunder have done their best, but I cannot see them turning this series around" before Game 6. When Game 6 started, The Thunder were able to take a small lead, and Erik Spoelstra placed Wade at the point. However, Thunder Head Coach Scott Brooks decided to use counter this and play Durant at the four and run a 1-4 pick and roll that got Wade into foul trouble. Both teams switched baskets during the next two quarters. When the fourth quarter started with a small Thunder lead, Durant showed, again, why he is one of the greatest scorers to ever play the game. He scored 17 of the Thunder 20 fourth quarter points, including the buzzer-beating game-winning three. The final score was 89-88/.
-----
The hype going into Game 7 was crazy. The Heat had shown dominance in their three wins, but Kevin Durant and the rest of his teammates had proved that they could win without Westbrook. As the game tipped off, neither team showed any sign that they were going to give the game away. The first quarter ended 21-19 Thunder. In the second quarter, LeBron James was able to create several fast break opportunities, and the Heat went into the half with a two point advantage. The third quarter was back and forth by both teams. The Heat would score, and the Thunder would score. The Heat would get a stop, but so would the Thunder. Up until this point, Durant had been shouldering the load for the Thunder. However, in the fourth quarter, OKC PF Serge Ibaka stepped up. He emphatically swatted five blocks in the Final quarter of the series, which was a major reason that Thunder outscored the Heat 30-20 in the fourth quarter, and won the game 93-88.

Finals MVP

32 PPG, 9.6 RPG, 5.4 APG,1.8 SPG, 1.7 BPG, 48.7% FG%, 42% 3PT%
"It feels great to the be an NBA Champion. I'm sad I couldn't share the court Russell, but I know this isn't going to be my only championship, and I know he'll be on the court with me for the next one. I was tired of being second in the past. Now that I'm first, I will never look back."

Last edited by chinatownpwnage; 05-03-2013 at 10:24 PM.
Old 05-04-2013, 03:20 PM   #8
Pro

chinatownpwnage's Arena

Pre-Draft

Retirements
1. Grant Hill - SF - Clippers - 19 years pro, 40 years old
2. Pablo Prigioni - Knicks - 1 year pro, 36 years old
3. Vince Carter - Mavericks - 15 years pro, 36 years old
4. Derek Fisher - Thunder - 17 years pro, 38 years old

Expired Coaches
1. 76ers - Doug Collins resigns for 2 years.
Bobcats - Hire Byron Scott for 2 years.
3. Bucks - Sign Stan Van Gundy for 3 years.
4. Jazz - Give Bernie Bickerstaff a 3 year contract.
5. Knicks - Re-up Mike Woodson for 3 years.
6. Magic- Resign Jacque Vaughn for 3 years.
7. Nets - Resign P.J. Carlesimo for 3 years.
8. Nuggets - Resign George Karl for 3 years.
9. Pacers - Resign Frank Vogel for 3 years.

10. Suns - Resign Lindsey Hunter for 3 years.
11. Trail Blazers - Resign Terry Stotts for 3 years.

Draft Lottery

Chances:
1. Magic
2.Bobcats
3.Cavaliers
4.Suns
5.Hornets
6.Kings
7.Wizards
8.Pistons
9.Timberwolves
10.Trail Blazers
11.76ers
12.Thunder
13.Mavericks
14.Jazz

Results:

Last edited by chinatownpwnage; 05-04-2013 at 03:27 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties »