Home

Tired of all the pace whores online, any sim players?

This is a discussion on Tired of all the pace whores online, any sim players? within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-22-2013, 02:30 AM   #1
Pro

OVR: 6
Tired of all the pace whores online, any sim players?

It's just gotten ridiculous now. My friends play the exact same way so I have no interest in playing anything other than pro clubs with them.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-22-2013, 07:07 AM   #2
MVP

OVR: 12
Re: Tired of all the pace whores online, any sim players?

Re: Tired of all the pace whores online

After a decade of more of online gaming, you're only now realizing this?
Old 05-22-2013, 07:14 AM   #3
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeats
Re: Tired of all the pace whores online

After a decade of more of online gaming, you're only now realizing this?
Eh. I've never had as much of an issue with it as I've had in FIFA 13. Mainly due to the marking being horrible on counterattacks.
Old 05-22-2013, 10:57 AM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HKPound
Eh. I've never had as much of an issue with it as I've had in FIFA 13. Mainly due to the marking being horrible on counterattacks.
Check out Traditionsportsonline.com ...great sim community
Old 05-25-2013, 09:20 AM   #5
Rookie

BIGE888's Arena

OVR: 2

i never quite get this "sim" bs. of course i would love fifa to actually play like a real game of football. but it is fun. and it does get quite a bit right i'm not totally bashing it in any way. it is just a game after all and people just play different ways. so what are people not supposed to use the sprint button against you? only ground passes? lol come on now.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-25-2013, 11:24 AM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGE888
i never quite get this "sim" bs. of course i would love fifa to actually play like a real game of football. but it is fun. and it does get quite a bit right i'm not totally bashing it in any way. it is just a game after all and people just play different ways. so what are people not supposed to use the sprint button against you? only ground passes? lol come on now.
It's about exploitation of the game's flaws.

Everyone knows that lobbed passes over the top of the back line lead to a defender taking a bad touch, the attacker easily latching on to that mistake, and a one-on-one opportunity. So EVERYONE in the game does that move over and over and over and over. That's not sim, and that's not fun to play against. And that's just one example
Old 05-25-2013, 04:52 PM   #7
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedAL925
It's about exploitation of the game's flaws.

Everyone knows that lobbed passes over the top of the back line lead to a defender taking a bad touch, the attacker easily latching on to that mistake, and a one-on-one opportunity. So EVERYONE in the game does that move over and over and over and over. That's not sim, and that's not fun to play against. And that's just one example
Exactly. It's all about the exploitation of it. It's just not fun facing a pace brazilian squad that sit backs with 9 defenders and throws over the top through the balls at every chance they get. It doesn't help that marking is absolutely dreadful on counter attacks.
Old 05-25-2013, 05:58 PM   #8
Rookie

BIGE888's Arena

OVR: 2

right right i get you. i play 433 with ultra defensive and it works fine for me. ultra d in 13 is like balanced in previous years so my fullbacks aren't bombing up all the time. but its obviously more than that you have to know when to control the player yourself and when to let the AI do their thing. i got a good set of custom tactics i could send ya too.

but for me i'm cool with all that lobbed through ball spamming since it is in the game and its not technically cheating i can deal with it. as long as you're not lag switching or something like that its fair game. you guys on ps3 or xbox??

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »