Home

Noob MyCareer/MyPlayer Questions

This is a discussion on Noob MyCareer/MyPlayer Questions within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-31-2013, 04:57 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Noob MyCareer/MyPlayer Questions

This is my first ever NBA2k game I just bought last week and I was hoping I could get some help directly or you guys can point me in the direction.

I made a SG for MyCareer, based off of my MyPlayer. I've gotten him up into the 80s but my friends want me to be a big man for blacktop games online which I have no problem doing.

1. If I make a new MyCareer with a big man, is it possible to make him the guy I use online or am I stuck with my SG?
2. Does it matter if this new MyCareer with my big is on the 2k servers or offline?
3. Is there a way I can find out the difference between the skill max's in playing styles? I tried googling the difference between say athletic center and rebounding but I can't find a difference other than their starting numbers. Is there even a difference in their max numbers?

Thank you in advance!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-31-2013, 05:05 AM   #2
Banned

OVR: 7
Re: Noob MyCareer/MyPlayer Questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete Dahh Sneak
This is my first ever NBA2k game I just bought last week and I was hoping I could get some help directly or you guys can point me in the direction.

I made a SG for MyCareer, based off of my MyPlayer. I've gotten him up into the 80s but my friends want me to be a big man for blacktop games online which I have no problem doing.

1. If I make a new MyCareer with a big man, is it possible to make him the guy I use online or am I stuck with my SG?
2. Does it matter if this new MyCareer with my big is on the 2k servers or offline?
3. Is there a way I can find out the difference between the skill max's in playing styles? I tried googling the difference between say athletic center and rebounding but I can't find a difference other than their starting numbers. Is there even a difference in their max numbers?

Thank you in advance!
1 - I think if you just have the Bigman as your last loaded player it should work online. My first player was a PG and I just created a center today and played a game with him not even 10 minutes ago

2 - Not quite sure, you should do it online just to be sure it works

3 - When you first go to create your player you can switch which type of Bigman he is, then you can go to the attribute page and compare stats ( push L1/R1 or LB/RB )

Good luck with your center, it's fun playing as one
Old 05-31-2013, 05:10 AM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoneyMafia
1 - I think if you just have the Bigman as your last loaded player it should work online. My first player was a PG and I just created a center today and played a game with him not even 10 minutes ago

2 - Not quite sure, you should do it online just to be sure it works

3 - When you first go to create your player you can switch which type of Bigman he is, then you can go to the attribute page and compare stats ( push L1/R1 or LB/RB )

Good luck with your center, it's fun playing as one
Thank you for the help on the first 2 questions! It's very much appreciated. My 3rd question though - I know the starting numbers are different, but I'm curious what an athletic center's rebounding stats can max out (90, 95) as opposed to a rebounding center (I'm assuming 99) unless the playing styles don't matter and all the max stats are the same.
Old 05-31-2013, 11:43 AM   #4
MVP

StraightBaylien's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Thank you for the help on the first 2 questions! It's very much appreciated. My 3rd question though - I know the starting numbers are different, but I'm curious what an athletic center's rebounding stats can max out (90, 95) as opposed to a rebounding center (I'm assuming 99) unless the playing styles don't matter and all the max stats are the same.
The max stats are not the same. I have a MyCareer with a Defensive Center, and my max Vertical is 65, but I'm sure if I were to create him as an Athletic Center, his Vertical would probably max at 95-99
Old 05-31-2013, 12:28 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by StraightBaylien
The max stats are not the same. I have a MyCareer with a Defensive Center, and my max Vertical is 65, but I'm sure if I were to create him as an Athletic Center, his Vertical would probably max at 95-99

THANK YOU! Is there any way to see these numbers without making each guy and writing it down? Is there a guide online or something? I can't find anything!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-31-2013, 01:11 PM   #6
MVP

StraightBaylien's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
THANK YOU! Is there any way to see these numbers without making each guy and writing it down? Is there a guide online or something? I can't find anything!
I don't think there is. The only way I can see is to make each one and write it down, unfortunately.
Old 05-31-2013, 01:55 PM   #7
Rookie

GradyMac's Arena

Try this:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/9ivhaf

Or

http://fs12n5.sendspace.com/dl/b5791...0MyCareer.xlsx
Old 05-31-2013, 02:23 PM   #8
Rookie

That's great for the other positions but the C/PF only has 1 done for each. It still helps though, thank you.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »