Home

Should the way shooting and contests be improved?

This is a discussion on Should the way shooting and contests be improved? within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-14-2013, 05:38 PM   #1
Rookie

mightyrx's Arena

OVR: 3
Should the way shooting and contests be improved?

Playing this game (especially online), you notice folk forgoing the mid range and going all out with the 3s because of the way shot contests work.
I think it should be (for all jump shots):

Wide open=Shoot the equivalent of the rating if timing is met
Closely guarded but defender has his hands down=Shoot the equivalent with a slight modifier that is tied to the defenders def awr
Hand in face=Shoot the equivalent with heavy modifier tied to defenders def awr & block rating

There also needs to be a shoot after receiving a pass rating and a handedness (some NBA players NEVER lay up with their weak hand) rating also but that's for another convo.

Should there really be any player with any shooting rating above 90?
The only way that a player could get above 90 is if that player got hot.
How often does any player shot >50%?
Shouldn't that be reflected in the ratings also?
IMO, that would hopefully make more people have to run plays to get players open or to their hot spots.
/Rant.
Making up Evidence Depending on Information Available
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-14-2013, 05:44 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 4
Re: Should the way shooting and contests be improved?

They should get rid of the sliding so we can actually stay in front of our man.
Old 06-14-2013, 08:35 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0

I agree with guy above me if ur defense player was as quick as the offensive player it would make the game so much better... I mean moving right to left just like the offense player and u can't keep up is crazy to me.. He has the ball if anything he should go slower... Dribbling should be more of a chess match but in this case now it's like they are the queen and you the defender are the king... You just don't have the same motion
Old 06-15-2013, 08:00 AM   #4
All Star

ksuttonjr76's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illuminatos94
They should get rid of the sliding so we can actually stay in front of our man.
If I could thank this a 1000x, I would.
Old 06-15-2013, 08:20 AM   #5
MVP

thedream2k13's Arena

i could easily play defense better if my guy wasnt sliding around the court all game. I understand that quickness is the stat needed to be a good on ball defender but when i use someone quick like iggy and try to contest a shot or jump to block a jumper , sometimes he doesnt even jump or will got into "running in mud" animation
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-17-2013, 01:18 PM   #6
Banned

OVR: 12

yeah foot planting could be better. but if you want to improve it for specific players, use the interceptor, lockdown D, pick pocket sigs (my career) or find NBA players who are good defenders like Sefolosha . Basically the higher the defensive attributers + good quickness, the more control over the player.
Old 06-17-2013, 02:22 PM   #7
MVP

Pokes404's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by xKINGxSCOTTx
I agree with guy above me if ur defense player was as quick as the offensive player it would make the game so much better... I mean moving right to left just like the offense player and u can't keep up is crazy to me.. He has the ball if anything he should go slower... Dribbling should be more of a chess match but in this case now it's like they are the queen and you the defender are the king... You just don't have the same motion
But the offensive player is running in a forward motion while the defender is backpedalling/sliding from a squatted position. I'm not saying that there shouldn't be tweaks to the defensive movements, but there's a reason that even quick players don't play guys straight up in real life. They force them to one direction, use angles to cut off their drive, and then ride the offensive player.

You're simply not as fast in a defensive stance. If someone plays straight up defense on someone with an equal amount of quickness, the offensive player is going to go around him most of the time. I'm really OK with the defensive movement (for the most part), just not the sliding out of place and absent-minded, off-ball AI that pops up occasionally.
Old 06-17-2013, 02:41 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 9

Yes the shooting must be improved, I have a shooting inability.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »