Home

Welcome to THAT time of year - READ THIS OR RISK BEING BANNED

This is a discussion on Welcome to THAT time of year - READ THIS OR RISK BEING BANNED within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-21-2013, 06:06 PM   #1
Franchise Streamer

Millennium's Arena

OVR: 46
Welcome to THAT time of year - READ THIS OR RISK BEING BANNED

As is normal this time of year with a major football game release on the horizon, the mods of Operation Sports have been instructed to watch this forum intently for the next few months. That means that you should walk lightly when posting.

My suggestion for EVERYONE who posts here is to re-read the Terms Of Service very carefully. They can be found here: http://www.operationsports.com/forum...17-2013-a.html

I want to point out one other very important piece of advice: The TOS states you can have ONE username at OS. If that username is banned, that counts as the only username you are allowed, and you will never have access to post on OS again.

Please be mindful of others when you post. Please take into account the content of which you post. If you have an agenda when posting, it's best to not post. If you even QUESTION if a post can get you banned, don't hit Submit.

This is the only warning that will be issued. After this, if you get an infraction, you will be banned permanently.

My Twitter
My Twitch Channel!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-21-2013, 06:29 PM   #2
Banned

mailman2's Arena

OVR: 0
Thumbs down Re: Welcome to THAT time of year - READ THIS OR RISK BEING BANNED

Wait so even if we get a MINOR infraction, we get banned? Like just cussing? We could get banned? I'm sorry but as a new member I CAN'T get with that. I know I'm new but hear me out... this is A DISCUSSION SITE! We shouldn't be banned for stating our opinions! Please guys, stop acting like petty dictators and listen to the people! We just want a place to get informed about SPORTS VIDEO GAMES! We did not come here for high school hall monitor cliques! I know EA told you guys to try and stifle opposition, but at the very least allow nuanced criticism of EA! This is a capitalist system we live under! EA cannot force us to like their games! I'm ashamed of the entire moderator staff for this corrupt bargain you pulled with EA, just for their money and favor in coverage!

What is wrong with the world today??? What happened to RESPECTING THE OPINIONS OF YOUR MEMBERS?!

I hope I am not banned for this post. I know I will be soon since I'm not the type of person that holds back. I'm sorry to EA and OS if this offends you. But listen to your members and let us debate in peace!

I am not here to be a martyr. But If I am banned I hope the good people at OS who are not moderators realize that this has gone too far!

With all due respect to the mods... please hear me out!

EDIT: I would just like to say.. I LOVE OPERATION SPORTS FORUMS! I realize that these forums used to be a lot BETTER! I too am SICK TO DEATH of the trolling going on in the NCAA Football forum! But we need to have FREE NOT RESTRICTED SPEECH ON THIS FORUM... FOR THE TRUE OS MEMBERS!

Last edited by mailman2; 06-21-2013 at 06:34 PM.
Old 06-21-2013, 06:42 PM   #3
Midtable shrug

NoDakHusker's Arena

OVR: 47
Re: Welcome to THAT time of year - READ THIS OR RISK BEING BANNED

I find the TOS to be very reasonable and easy to follow. One warning is enough IMO.

OS is privately owned, so free speech does not apply here(and it's better off because of that). They can run the site however they please.

If you don't like how the forums are run, then leave. Problem solved.
Old 06-21-2013, 06:44 PM   #4
Banned

mailman2's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoDakHusker
I find the TOS to be very reasonable and easy to follow. One warning is enough IMO.

OS is privately owned, so free speech does not apply here(and it's better off because of that). They can run the site however they please.

If you don't like how the forums are run, then leave. Problem solved.
Way to completely butcher my point... I'm actually STANDING UP for OS... never have I attacked it...
Old 06-21-2013, 06:46 PM   #5
Be Good To One Another

The JareBear's Arena

OVR: 49

I wasn't around OS in the early days, I always wondered if things were always this way or if it was loose in the old days and they had to tighten up in order to regulate the craziness.

Bottom line is, mailman, I totally see where you are coming from, but if you're looking for fairness this isn't the place. There is content offered here that isn't offered anywhere else which is why I love it here, but in order to enjoy this site you have to navigate some tightropes. I learned the hard way after nearly being banned over a pretty petty infraction, and of course just like with refs in the NFL, the guy who started the whole thing didn't get busted, just me for retaliating.

It is what it is. These people are within their rights to run their site however they want, and their site is great. Just wish we could wave the ban hammer around a little less. We are all people here, there's enough negativity in the real world to worry about. Just be good to each other.

OS Blog

The Tortured Mind Of A Rockies Fan. In Arenado I Trust.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-21-2013, 06:52 PM   #6
Midtable shrug

NoDakHusker's Arena

OVR: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected]
Way to completely butcher my point... I'm actually STANDING UP for OS... never have I attacked it...
I knew what you were doing, I never said you attacked it nor was I trying to "butcher" your point. I simply added my 2 cents to the issue because it's the same song and dance every year.

You said it yourself, this is a discussion site. As such, I was discussing the topic at hand.
Old 06-21-2013, 07:21 PM   #7
MVP

Clemsonpanther's Arena

OVR: 3

I've never liked THAT time of the year, I wish it was out already.
Old 06-21-2013, 07:41 PM   #8
Pro

tHurley2010's Arena

OVR: 9

So a question, if all of a sudden I post my unfavorable reactions to the game (which through some shocking turn of events, because I absolutely love the demo), how can you guys determine if someone is posting with an agenda by looking at a single post?

Or do you actually go back and look through their other posts to make sure that what they are saying is abnormal to their status quo?

I don't plan on having negative reactions, nor retaliating to anyone who says things that really don't have any bearing. I'm just interested in clearing up the waters a little bit.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »