Home

Advancement Goals Q

This is a discussion on Advancement Goals Q within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-24-2013, 05:36 PM   #1
Rookie

RedVikings's Arena

OVR: 0
Advancement Goals Q

I'm creating a power hitting 1B for the Twins (almost like an Adam Dunn that doesn't suck) and i intend on capping off some of my attributes to make it realistic. For example, I plan to make my contact 80 LHP 70 RHP and power 70 LHP 92 RHP

How much does ignoring SOME of my advancement affect my playing time? (such as not leveling up contact past 80 or not touching speed/base running ability, etc)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-24-2013, 06:37 PM   #2
1B, OF

Perfect Zero's Arena

OVR: 29
Re: Advancement Goals Q

Keep in mind that I don't have any hard numbers, but I would say that missing one every time might keep you in the loop. I wouldn't limit myself too much as it will be harder to earn points later on. Injuries at the big league level help much more than the advancement goals in my opinion.

Old 06-25-2013, 10:22 AM   #3
Pro

cherman24's Arena

OVR: 4

This is just my opinion. I think if you make 3/4 of your goals, it's considered passing. You can do 2/4 usually twice without penalty, just warnings. I think the goals should be graded like A/B/C/D/F instead of pass/fail. You can be asked to hit 10 HR and hit 9 and you're a failure. I see also when I'm giving these certain goals, it will not be attainable. When I'm given a field % goal, I will always get 1 error that will put me under the number. If I'm given a HR goal, I'll go on a drought.
Old 06-25-2013, 02:11 PM   #4
MVP

Madden's Jowels's Arena

3/4 goals or 2/3 goals completed are considered passing, you don't have to get 100% each time.

Also you can usually fail twice in a row before getting a warning, you won't get benched until the 3rd time in a row that you fail.

Say you fail 2 straight goal periods, then pass your next one, it resets so that you can then fail 2 more in a row with no penalty. As long as you don't fail 3 straight times you should never be benched. That has been my experience anyways.

It could be different if you just get an 0/4 or 0/3 though, maybe they will bench you quicker. I've never done that though. Try and always get 1/3 or 2/4 and you shouldn't get benched unless you fail 3 straight periods.
Old 06-25-2013, 08:04 PM   #5
Rookie

RedVikings's Arena

I'm just worried that i'm going to be forced to add training points to stats i don't want to or face being benched/demoted... i'm not worried about getting to the big leagues, i'm worried about keeping a starting job only completeing statistical advancement goals
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-25-2013, 09:33 PM   #6
Pro

ballin095's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedVikings
I'm just worried that i'm going to be forced to add training points to stats i don't want to or face being benched/demoted... i'm not worried about getting to the big leagues, i'm worried about keeping a starting job only completeing statistical advancement goals
Wish I knew this before creating my rtts character. I wanted to create a hitter that was like a mike trout type outfielder but with more contact and a little less power. It went well my first season in the majors but for my second season my manager wanted me to become a power hitter.obviously I did not want to make my character too powerful,so I figured that I'd be able to ignore those power goals as my guy was already a star on the team. (Won rookie of the ear,etc.the year prior). But instead my guy got benched for not increasing my power numbers. So mu suggestion would be to not go into this mode expecting to make a certian type of player and keeping him that way. Your manager will most likely force you to increase your contact rating into the 80s and 90s even if you don't want to.also sorr for any grammar or spelling mistakes.typing this from my phone.
Old 06-26-2013, 02:07 AM   #7
Rookie

RedVikings's Arena

thanks for the heads up, thats why i asked here before i got too far in (first month and a half in double-a) i wish this was different though, there should be a level of play you reach where you don't always have to pass the goals to stay in the lineup
Old 06-27-2013, 11:03 AM   #8
Pro

OVR: 7

Only thing I would like them to change is once you're established in Majors you shouldn't have goals... In years past I'd get benched for not hitting goals after having multiple All-Star appearances and an MVP despite hitting over .300... Not very realistic

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »