Home

2k Logic Issues

This is a discussion on 2k Logic Issues within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-08-2013, 11:26 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
2k Logic Issues

I recently played a no-throwing game just for laughs against one of my friends. No pitcher substitutions, and only fastballs down the middle. There numerous tags missed; also, the final score was 30-26, and the player of the game was Jason Hammel with 26 earned runs. Not to mention that an individual got 5 hr's (Breaking the record) and he was NOT player of the game. The fact that Hammel gave up 26 ER and was player of the game made us laugh for about a hlaf hour straight. Nice logic, 2k.
My Player SP: Taken out bottom 9 2 outs with a perfect game going (my bad luck)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-08-2013, 12:20 PM   #2
Banned

Re: 2k Logic Issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by awwdrum96
I recently played a no-throwing game just for laughs against one of my friends. No pitcher substitutions, and only fastballs down the middle. There numerous tags missed; also, the final score was 30-26, and the player of the game was Jason Hammel with 26 earned runs. Not to mention that an individual got 5 hr's (Breaking the record) and he was NOT player of the game. The fact that Hammel gave up 26 ER and was player of the game made us laugh for about a hlaf hour straight. Nice logic, 2k.
Ugh, the game wasn't designed for that gamestyle.

Also, sounds like you need to turn up the difficulty of your gameplay, unless you have fun cheesing all the time on noob...which appears that you do based on myplayer and your chise record.
Old 07-15-2013, 12:16 PM   #3
Pro

Lol this thread ideally fits my issue.

I played a game with the Mariners against the Rangers.
Iwakuma vs. Wolf.
I won 10-8 on 13-14 hits.
Wolf had to go after the third (already had given up 8 runs including to homeruns).
Iwakuma had to be pulled after the fifth. Had given up 5 runs (3 earned) and had already over 100 pitches. At least he had 6 K.
Kendrys Morales had 3 rbi for me, including 1 soloshot.
Mike Zunino had 2 rbi for me on a two-run homer.
Raul Ibanez had even 4 rbi for me, 2 coming fro soloshots and 2 coming from a 2-run double.

Who was player of the game? Hisashi Iwakuma. I was like "WTF?"...
Old 07-21-2013, 01:44 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by wudl83
Lol this thread ideally fits my issue.

I played a game with the Mariners against the Rangers.
Iwakuma vs. Wolf.
I won 10-8 on 13-14 hits.
Wolf had to go after the third (already had given up 8 runs including to homeruns).
Iwakuma had to be pulled after the fifth. Had given up 5 runs (3 earned) and had already over 100 pitches. At least he had 6 K.
Kendrys Morales had 3 rbi for me, including 1 soloshot.
Mike Zunino had 2 rbi for me on a two-run homer.
Raul Ibanez had even 4 rbi for me, 2 coming fro soloshots and 2 coming from a 2-run double.

Who was player of the game? Hisashi Iwakuma. I was like "WTF?"...
Ugh, apparently 2K wasn't designed for regular simulation gamestyle either.

Last edited by Yeats; 07-21-2013 at 02:00 PM.
Old 07-22-2013, 07:53 PM   #5
Go Cubs Go

WaitTilNextYear's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeats
Ugh, apparently 2K wasn't designed for regular simulation gamestyle either.

Not true. With adequate sliders and attention to detail, I find it's quite a good sim.

That said, the main thing I have a problem with for logic is the players of the month. Often there will be a guy who's only made one appearance who gets P of the month. Or a batter with clearly inferior stats in every way who gets batter of the month. BUT, the ASG picks and the end of year awards are actually not as bad as you might think.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-23-2013, 11:47 AM   #6
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaitTilNextYear
Not true. With adequate sliders and attention to detail, I find it's quite a good sim.

That said, the main thing I have a problem with for logic is the players of the month. Often there will be a guy who's only made one appearance who gets P of the month. Or a batter with clearly inferior stats in every way who gets batter of the month. BUT, the ASG picks and the end of year awards are actually not as bad as you might think.
Indeed they aren't, that's right. Doesn't negate the fact that there occur awkward picks like mine with Iwakuma.
And all in all the sim engine of the 2k is waaaay better than that of the Show. Especially playing a few years into the future in franchise. The Show's sim stats become really a mess.
2k's game isn't that bad at all.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »