Home

Am i the only one who finds it impossible to...

This is a discussion on Am i the only one who finds it impossible to... within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-16-2013, 12:26 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
Am i the only one who finds it impossible to...

Am I the only one who finds it impossible to only tag with 1 runner (2b)?

I cant tell you how many times the following has happend.

1st & 2nd, fly ball to right... guy on first runs to 3 steps from 2nd. Guy on 2nd waits to tag. For the life of me, i cant figure out how to send the guy on 2nd to 3rd and get the guy on first to return to first.

Best case, as soon as i see its a tagg'able fly, i send the player back to first, then they both tag and he is out at 2nd... but thats way better than the mesh of me trying to advance one and return the other which is beyond frustrating.

Also... I cant seem to lead/steal when i want to... There is times i hold the button or tap the button and player will not steal.

What am i missing here? I constantly go to the help system, review the instructions and then try with no improvements.

Help please!!
Thanks
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-16-2013, 12:31 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 24
Re: Am i the only one who finds it impossible to...

1. Press and hold R1.
  2. Before the ball is caught, press up on the analog stick to target the runner at second (if it were a runner at third, you'd press left).
  3. Release R1 at some point before the ball is caught.
  4. When the ball is caught, press Square. (if it were a runner at third, you'd press X).

Can't help you with your base stealing problem, that's an actual problem and hopefully it's addressed next year. Just get used to calling a lot of timeouts and holding down L3 to buy you the time you need to get it right.
Old 07-16-2013, 12:41 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobhead
  1. Press and hold R1.
  2. Before the ball is caught, press up on the analog stick to target the runner at second (if it were a runner at third, you'd press left).
  3. Release R1 at some point before the ball is caught.
  4. When the ball is caught, press Square. (if it were a runner at third, you'd press X).

Can't help you with your base stealing problem, that's an actual problem and hopefully it's addressed next year. Just get used to calling a lot of timeouts and holding down L3 to buy you the time you need to get it right.
So you point the left stick to the runner, and then hit the button for the base you want them to go to (aka Up / square) for 2nd - 3rd?

Maybe this is what im missing? I wonder if i have been hitting up / triangle. and when not working ultimately hitting L1.
Old 07-16-2013, 06:16 PM   #4
Pro

raneman85's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoots711
So you point the left stick to the runner, and then hit the button for the base you want them to go to (aka Up / square) for 2nd - 3rd?
Yes sir. The runner on first will always be halfway and be going back so you can focus on the lead runner. Now when the bases are loaded it becomes multi-tasking. and you want to advance runners on 2nd and 3rd hit R1 so they tag then L2 a, then left stick towards first base and circle to get him to stay at first.... Or you can just yell WTF at the runner on first advancing and take the out as he gets thrown out at 2nd.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »